[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we talk about the greatest empire in history.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: ottomans.jpg (77 KB, 720x718) Image search: [Google]
ottomans.jpg
77 KB, 720x718
ITT: we talk about the greatest empire in history.
>>
>>1260852

They were tremendous faggots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B6%C3%A7ek

>The köçek (plural köçekler in Turkish) was typically a very handsome young male rakkas, or dancer, who usually cross-dressed in feminine attire, and was employed as an entertainer.

>The culture of the köçek, which flourished from the 17th to the 19th century, had its origin in the customs in Ottoman palaces, and in particular in the harems. Its genres enriched both the music and the dance of the Ottomans

>The support of the Sultans was a key factor in its development, as the early stages of the art form was confined to palace circles.[4] From there the practice dispersed throughout the Empire by means of independent troupes.

>The köçeks were available sexually, often to the highest bidder, in the passive role.

>Köçeks were much more sought after than the Çengi ("belly dancers"), their female counterparts. Some youths were known to have been killed by the Çengi, who were extremely jealous of men's attention toward the boys.
>>
The Janissaries are pretty interesting. I mean the Ottomans aren't unique in having elite warrior social castes, but I kind of think the idea of semi-autonomous elite soldiers needs to be copied more in fiction.
>>
>>1260859
>tfw no cute feminine ottoman bf
>>
>>1260852
Did the ottomans actually have control over Iceland or was it just a meme?
>>
File: wew.jpg (162 KB, 395x848) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
162 KB, 395x848
>>1260876
>you'll never get to fondle this young ottoman

Why even live?
>>
>>1260882
No. Only the Barbary pirates they supported abducted some people from Iceland and sold them as slaves. This map is a bit too big
>>
>>1260866
They're unique for having the first professional standing army though.

We don't really see much autonomy until later in the empire though
>>
>>1260852
>Bulgarian uprising
>Turkroaches go full barbarian on them
>Real world powers demand explanations from Ottotards
>Ottotards behave as usual
>Russia kicks their sorry asses
>releases the balkans
>Go full barbarian again on armenians
>Real world powers watch in horror again
>WWI
>They give Turkey the place they deserve
>>
Turks have a long tradition of oil wresting

Strong men gather together to lubricate themselves with oil and begin to grapple, roll around, and struggle with each other until one firmly grasps the other by his underpants

I'm not making this up
>>
>>1260926

>Rome
>Sparta

Not to mention that the Janissaries were never the entirety of the Ottoman military, and if you want to look at states that had professional elements that formed the core of their militaries who would then be supplemented by other forces, you're looking at....... lots of people throughout history.
>>
>>1260859
>>1260940
Ah, the true inheritors of the Hellenic tradition.
>>
>>1260859
>"Women for babies, boys for passion"
>>
File: me part 2.jpg (47 KB, 604x489) Image search: [Google]
me part 2.jpg
47 KB, 604x489
roach B E G O N E
>>
>>1260852
>Le fake map meme xD

Why is it that Turks always have to post fake epanded pictures of the lands conquered by the Ottoman empire?

I mean when the other Empires get posted the pictures are accurate, even that Roman guy with low selft esteem and that muh heritage Italian American who always spam threads about the Roman empire aren't so insecure that they have to post fake pictures, why are Turks so insecure that they've got to make stuff up?
>>
>>1260935
t. butthurt diaspora
>>
>>1261884
Because they're Turks, and Turks are pathetic cowards that have to lie about everything.
>>
File: 455499.jpg (819 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
455499.jpg
819 KB, 1920x1200
>>1260852
Begone, turkroach
>>
>>1260926
The Byzantines had a professional standing army before the Ottomans, not to mention Rome.
>>
Why is Iceland green?
>>
>>1263217
because shitposting anon
>>
>>1263039
Go back to cleaning toilets.
>>
>>1263249
Go back to mongolia you piece of human filth. Turks are some of the grossest people in existence and their actions against the west are more then enough reason to hate them for all time.
>>
>>1263048
But those are all the same thing?
>>
>that map

hahaha
>>
>>1260859
How can you even deny they are the continuation of the Roman Empire after this?
>>
>>1260852
They were gay af. And that map, kek iceland for real? C-c-c-check yourmaps
>>
>Thread not about Roman empire
get out of my /his/
>>
>>1263217
Bacause Sicily Sardinia and Southern France?
>>
>>1261715
>>1263039
>>1264015
>global rule 3

MODSMODSMODS
>>
File: British_Empire_1921.png (32 KB, 1425x625) Image search: [Google]
British_Empire_1921.png
32 KB, 1425x625
>>1260852
sand nigger pls!
>>
>>1264075
idk why they map all of the countries, like hat's the point of even mapping anything but the coast of Australia since fuck all of the centre is useful except for maybe a bit of mining. Same goes for canada, egypt, sudan and Oman, Yemen.
>>
>>1260852
>anything closely related to islam
>great
pick one
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.