[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it was about states' rights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
>it was about states' rights
>>
It was about slavery, duh!
>>
It was actually the economy, stupid
>>
Was slavery a state right?
>>
File: image.jpg (303 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303 KB, 1600x1200
>>1132562
>>1132573
Before we all jump on OP, his statement had a legitimate basis. Can we discuss the states' rights issue in a civilized fashion?
>>
It was about Lincoln being elected in a brokered convention without a single Southern vote.

Daily reminder that slavery was ended without a war literally everywhere else in the world.

Why didn't they just let the Confederates go? If we formed a Union once, we could have done it again in time. There was no need for brother to kill brother. They should have dealt with the southern states as friends and equals instead of subjugating them.

Slavery would have died out in time as it did everywhere else. It should never have gotten to that point, but even after seccession war was not necessary.
>>
>>1132607
>Why didn't they just let the Confederates go?
they kinda attacked Fort Sumter...
>>
>flood the southern states with slaves
>they adopt a slave driven economy
>change your mind and cripple the economy

I'm not defending the south but they pretty much got the Mexican treatment.
>>
>>1132600
Wow she's so pretty! Too bad she's bigot :(
>>
>>1132607
>Daily reminder that slavery was ended without a war literally everywhere else in the world.
I fucking hate this argument so much.

The reason slavery was ended everywhere else peacefully is because there wasn't any middle class anywhere else. In Britain and it's colonies there was only high ranking nobles/viceroys who didn't NEED slaves. Take the Boers for example, they were poor/mid people who needed slaves, so they fled the Cape colony. The south was poor/mid people who needed slavery too, so they fled the Union.
>>
>>1132607
>why didn't they allow half of their territory to illegally leave the country, steal thousands of dollars of federal property, and blow up a federal fort

Hmmmm, I wonder why?
>>
>>1132628
>the Mexican treatment
???
>>
>>1132634
>illegally
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Declaration_of_Independence
>>
>>1132628
>The southerners had slaves forced upon them.
>>
>>1132633
>The south was poor/mid people who needed slavery too, so they fled the Union.
but slaves were almost entirely owned by plantation owners. even including the people who only owned one or two slaves, slave owners were a minority of the population
>>
>>1132600
Sure! The State's Rights issue had nothing to do with the Civil War, and was only adopted retroactively when the South had definitively lost the argument, as well as the war.
>>
>>1132635
Used, abused and then just left poor. Seriously I'm in Tennessee and I'm honestly surprised just how similar it is to Mexico.

>>1132643
CIA moved crack into all major cities in US. It's obviously the uneducated, poor peoples fault for doing it. Again I'm not defending the south but come on...
>>
>>1132616
In a pre-Civil War context, where the states were the primary unit of government, it could be argued that Fort Sumter was located in a state the seceded and thus the garrison was obligated to abandon the fort or swear allegiance to the confederacy.

By holding the fort in land that no longer belonged to them, the garrison was like a tenant forcibly resisting eviction, and thus in the wrong.
>>
>>1132650
And? The economy was still entirely slave driven. Without slaves the economy was going to fail and it did, spectacularly.

The original KKK wasn't even about racism, they killed more carpet baggers than negros.
>>
>>1132607
>South fires upon a federal fort
>it was just a prank bro stop bullying us
You're lucky we even let you back into the Union instead of hanging the lot of you, fucking traitor scum
>>
After years of studying the American Civil War on and off, and consulting various experts and literature, I came to the conclusion that it was quite more than likely about tree fiddy.
>>
File: 1460508547524.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1460508547524.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>1132634
>illegally leave the country
I can't believe there are people that think this is anything resembling a valid argument.
>>
>>1132632
stop being intolerant of other people's culture
>>
>>1132725
Can a house stand divided?
>>
>>1132562
>It was about slavery
>>
>>1132600
>black eyes
>brown roots
>big lips
She's probably 20% black herself. This is why Americans and nationalism don't mix.
>>
>>1132732
The North would have been fucking fine if the South had left, as Northerners never cease to point out. They didn't have a significant portion of the US population and weren't in a position to actively contest US westward expansion. Worst that happens is that the US doesn't become as big of a cultural influence.
>>
File: 1439293050041.jpg (63 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1439293050041.jpg
63 KB, 540x360
>>1132600
>placing my flag anywhere near that Nazi toilet paper
>>
>>1132732

You mean like North Carolina that might get its funding cut off for having a different opinion on transgender rights?
>>
>>1132771
But who the fuck cares?

Like, fuck off.

This doesn't matter.

It's one tenth of one percent of the population, and it's bathrooms.
>>
>>1132771
It's a shame there's no profitable industry in denying trannies the right to use whatever shitter they want or we could get another civil war.
>>
>>1132757
>giving up the taxes on cash crops and freed negro citizens

Reeeeeee
>>
>>1132777
This.

#abolishSC
>>
File: 1450216471691.gif (1 MB, 512x336) Image search: [Google]
1450216471691.gif
1 MB, 512x336
>>1132778
>freed negro citizens
>taxes
>>
>>1132785
Lol obviously a long term investment
>>
>>1132757
The house divided argument isn't based on the north can't function.

OK, let's say the North DOES try to allow for secession.
You mention that the South Wasn't in a position to contest the US in westward expansion.

Presumably, this means because in the vent of a military contest, the north would win. Does this mean that the South would drop all claims to westward expansion, AND actively seek to prevent westward immigration? Was it even capable of doing that?
>>
>>1132775

But it does affect everyone. Once a small minority starts crying out about something theres always a knee jerk liberal reaction that affects everyone else.
>>
>>1132791
They would probably just bully Mexico and Cuba instead because there would be less risk of triggering an irredentist conflict with their more powerful northern neighbor. It worked like a charm in Texas.

Also any kind of recognition of the CSA by the USA would probably have required the CSA to renounce western ambitions.
>>
>>1132775
They should all be killed
>>
>>1132828
Sorry Nazi those days are over and thanks to the Zion it'll never happen whilst the US exists >:p
>>
>>1132808
>They would probably just bully Mexico and Cuba

Isn't that what happened anyway?
>>
>>1132634
How the fuck can you illegally leave a country if you're no longer part of that country
>>
>>1132775
>just ignore the Feds pulling bullshit for the umpteenth time, it's not they'll do it AGAIN, is it?
>>
>>1132725
>>1132757
>muh nullification doctrine

TJ please, SCOTUS ruled that bullshit won't fly.

>>1132638
>he thinks the Declaration of Independence has any relevance in a discussion over the legality of secession

I don't have a reaction image smug enough for this.
>>
>>1132866
Discussion about the legality of secession is irrelevant in the first place.
>>
>>1132904
I'm sure the north thought the same after Fort Sumter
>>
>>1132866
How is it not relevant? In both cases one nationality considers itself justified enough to form a separate state and so ceases to act as part of its former state. The specifications stated in the Declaration of Independence are as justifiable as those by which the South seceded.
>>
>>1132917
You realize Texas v. White was post-war, right? Secession was a complete legal grey area.
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>mfw Davis claimed Arizona as part of the confederacy

why didn't he just claim Mexico while he was at it?
>>
File: Golden Circle.png (5 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Golden Circle.png
5 KB, 320x240
>>1132999
They did
>>
>>1132600

>Hilltop Hoods

Australians have the cutest girls
>>
>>1132775
Trans people are mentally ill. They should be treated with love and compassion. They need professional help, not the rest of society indulging their delusions. We don't humor people who think they are the reincarnation of Napoleon or an adopted alien from Andromeda. We get them help.

I'm an NC anon. There was never any problem, no incidents, no controversy at all over this. This whole bathroom bill started with liberal fuckwits lobbying for trans subsidy nonsense. So we tried to do the most neutral thing we could possibly think of to settle the issue - use the bathroom on your birth certificate. I honestly cannot think of a more reasonable position.

I thought the whole thing was silly and stupid we had to have a law in the first place. But nobody really cared about it until it became a national sensation and the feds are trying to tell us what to do now. Fuck all of this.

This is the kind of shit that keeps old grudges alive. They're tearing down Confederate war memorials, constantly calling us stupid redneck racists, dictating the most asinine shit to us like this trans crap.
>>
>>1132665
Except it was a military fort, ergo a Government-owned fort. There is literally no way to justify the attack on Fort Sumter, just stop defending a rebelious, treasonous nation that failed.
>>
It's mostly about slavery but the even bigger implication was that ultimately federal say > states' rights.
>>
>>1132594
> was
>>
>>1133017
Pffff hahaha was he drunk?
>>
>>1133030
It was an idea by the Southern Knights of the Golden Circle to add a shitton of slave states to the Union by conquering the entire Caribbean. When the South seceded the group continued their ambitions in the context of a potential Southern victory.
>>
>>1133023
>Trans people are mentally ill

This is like saying racist people are mentally ill. Just let them use the bathroom. You redneck fuck.
>>
>>1133046
lol wow was Shia Lebouf on their war council?
>>
>>1133047
No, it's like saying a white person who thinks he's actually black is mentally ill. And what the fuck is stopping you from just using the right bathroom? These rules exist for a reason, these people act like children because they can't just follow them.
>>
>>1133069
Not him and I actually think that trannys are delusional, but bathroom segregation is stupid to start with.
>>
>>1132922
Except that the Declaration of Independence is not a US government document, merely a historical document created by the 13 colonies. It cannot be used to legally justify secession. It actually concurs with the SCOTUS decision, which is that secession is only attainable through mutual consent of all the states or via violent, successful rebellion. There is no legal method for peaceful and unilateral secession.

>>1132930
>legal grey area

Seeing as Madison openly condemned it in 1828, and Hamilton called the union indissoluble and permanent in one of his Federalist papers, I'd say even pre-war it was a bit of a fringe theory. Shit, even Andrew Jackson thought secession was nuts. At the very least, the South shouldn't have expected the North to accept their actions as legal, given the lack of clarity on the issue.
>>
>>1133069
Dude it's a bathroom. Toilet, sink and paper towels. These rules are stupid. Unisex bathrooms exist and there's no big deal.
>>
>>1133078
There's perverts all over the place in society. A lot of people just aren't comfortable doing their business with the opposite sex in the room, so people just come up with the solution to make two separate bathrooms. Boom. Problem solved, no one is being restricted, no one feels uncomfortable. This solution is so utterly simple yet people love to complicate it because somehow telling someone that there's a very easy rule to follow is oppression now.
>>
>>1133084
>>1133110
Also the separate bathrooms are quite good for both parties (sexes) involved. Men wait less, and women get a cleaner bathroom.
>>
>>1133144
>Women get a cleaner bathroom
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>1133149
>implying men create no mess
>implying men aren't more messy than women in the bathroom
I don't know what you're implying, but you're a retard
>>
>>1133227
It's more about men not giving a fuck about the toilet seat (if we are outside home) just because we don't have to sit on it (and some of us apparently are too much of a bunch of cunts to check if it's up before) but yeah. Women are messy as fuck as well, where they can, but in this occasion is more difficult for them to be.
>>
>>1133268
They hover over the toilet seat because they are dumb bitches.

That's how it was explained to me anyway
>>
>>1133268

Apparently some feminists wanted to remove urinals from every campus because it's sexist to have women sit while men stand.
>>
>>1133023
>They need professional help, not the rest of society indulging their delusions.
What if the professional mental health community said, that the best way to help trans people would be to indulge in their delusions?

Because that's what they say.
>>
>>1133144
>women get a cleaner bathroom
You have no idea what you're talking about, female bathrooms look like a fucking pigsty.
>>
>>1132650
>slave owners were a minority of the population

Going by households who owned slaves more than 30% of the deep south were slave-owners. Almost 50% of households owned slaves in Mississippi & South Carolina. Technically a "minority" but a substantial one.
>>
>>1133268
>hovering over the seat, pissing all over it and not bothering to clean it
>throwing tampons on the floor if there's no trash can
>clogging the toilet with the stupidest shit imaginable (underwear etc)
>>
>>1133310

That's what he said dumbass
>>
>>1133017
gross-dixie in its purity finally
>>
>>1133227
Women create the same amount of mess, but in a different way. Which is to say, by bleeding on things.
>>
>>1133321
He said the opposite you cuck.
>>
>book exists in a physical manifestation
>book doesn't exist in your mind
>book doesn't read itself
how does it feel not being a patrician like me
>>
>>1133339
damn meant to post in an entirely different thread on an entirely different board
>>
>>1133330

No he implied that women's bathrooms were dirtier to begin with.
>>
The argument is not that the war was over slavery
The argument was that the war was not primarily over slavery, and would most likely come about by other means.
>>
>>1133359
Learn English
>>
>>1132665
The land was sold to the federal government long before the state had seceded from the union.

If you sell someone a car, and then you decide that you don't like them anymore, it doesn't make it legal to smash it up. South talked shit and got hit.
>>
File: 1451864048718.jpg (22 KB, 282x302) Image search: [Google]
1451864048718.jpg
22 KB, 282x302
>>1133023
>whining about tearing down statues of filthy traitors
>whining that states filled with redneck racists are called out for having redneck racists
get fucked
>>
>>1133376
>The argument was that the war was not primarily over slavery

But it literally was.
>>
>>1132600
>I'm a gurrl XDDD but I also agree with your edgy, extremist and unsustainable world view
>please give me attention
>>
>>1132562
It was over slavery, but only because the north knew banning it would fuck the south far worse than the north, so would over all put them in a better position.

...so it was about slavery, but that issue was only a proxy for a larger more fundamental issue, power.
It was never about the north being altruistic.
>>
>>1134243

Nice mental gymnastics, but why would northerners want to fuck over their own country? Just because they are big meanies?

Abolitionism was a huge social movement in the north, big enough to get Lincoln elected. Did everyone care? Of course not. But that's never true in any conflict.
>>
>>1132562
All secessionists are fucking scum. The confederate flag should have been abolished right after the war.
>>
File: giada22.jpg (25 KB, 366x400) Image search: [Google]
giada22.jpg
25 KB, 366x400
>>1134322

states' rights
b.s.

it was about slavery
read Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address
>>
>>1132562
It was about a president chosen with Northern votes, without a single one Southern vote, proposing a tax that is heavy on the South and easy on the North, and saying he will go to war to enforce it if need be.

Basically your president was shit, and caused shit. You are celebrating an incompetent man who half ruined the country.
>>
>>1132600
Who's this sexy lady that would want no part of my spic blood?
>>
File: lindsay222.jpg (7 KB, 202x250) Image search: [Google]
lindsay222.jpg
7 KB, 202x250
>>1134352

he kicked the shit out of the southern states
Lee surrendered (my sides!)

losers gotta keep losing I suppose
>>
>>1134367
The biggest user was the USA as a whole, a big divide appeared that still hasn't closed, many lives, manufacturies, dollars and production were destroyed.

It was a dumb tribalist move by a guy who was only elected because his tribe knew he'd favor them and punish the other tribe.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (42 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
42 KB, 600x401
>>1134384
>The biggest user

stopped reading right there because I was laughing too hard
>>
>>1134384
>user

Meant loser, obviously.
>>
>>1134400
>haha i was worried for a moment that you might have a point, but i saw you made a spelling mistake so i win, tough luck :D
>>
>>1134401

>luser?
>>
>>1134352
>It was about a president chosen with Northern votes, without a single one Southern vote,

Most elections are regional like that. That's meaningless. The reason Lincoln's election was a big deal was because he was famously anti-slavery.
>>
File: z176.jpg (143 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
z176.jpg
143 KB, 1920x1080
>>1134229
>denying history because it hurts your feelings
>>
File: smug lesbian nationalist.png (171 KB, 450x449) Image search: [Google]
smug lesbian nationalist.png
171 KB, 450x449
>>1134503
>South secedes because "muh slaves"
>it was just a p-prank bro we l-love America!
You southerners should've all gotten the rope, Lee included
>>
>>1132562
Well, slavery is included in states rights, may as well have the whole basket

I don't know why people get so asspained about adding tariffs and such to the mix
>>
>>1132562
It was.
>>
>>1132732
How many European countries were split apart?
>>
File: z177.jpg (34 KB, 638x540) Image search: [Google]
z177.jpg
34 KB, 638x540
>>1134520
>"S-southerners are traitors!"
>meanwhile, in 1776...
>>
i dont get why slaves all of a sudden slavery became a huge issue in the 1860s. Slaves have always existed throughout every culture. The biggest slave traders were in fact the Arabs. Also being a slave didnt mean you couldn't one day become a freeman. In Rome slaves could one day aspire at becoming citizens. Even the Bible talks about being good slaves. Today slavery is just working at poverty wage nothing changed.
>>
Wow, I didn't expect such aggressive shitposting
>>
File: 1434919301429.jpg (338 KB, 1369x1183) Image search: [Google]
1434919301429.jpg
338 KB, 1369x1183
>>1134554
We rebelled for a good and righteous reason.
The South rebelled because "m-muh slaves"
>>
>People who know nothing about the civil war

It was about slavery

>People who know a bit about the civil war

It was about states' rights

>People who know a lot about the civil war

It was about a number of factors, slavery most prominent of them
>>
>>1134570
>dont get why slaves all of a sudden slavery became a huge issue in the 1860s

It didn't. It was becoming a bigger and bigger issue for generations. The North/South divide existed from the beginning.
>>
File: 34.png (311 KB, 561x590) Image search: [Google]
34.png
311 KB, 561x590
>>1134578
>"Stop taxing us because we started an expensive war that you had to win"
>good and righteous reason
>>
>>1134503

That is literally what you and the rest of the confederate apologists are doing.

The "States Rights" claim is historical revisionism at its finest.
>>
Mississippian reporting to assblast hickfags around me. Threadly reminder of the first sentence of the Mississippi declaration of secession:

>Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery — the greatest material interest of the world.
>>
>>1134617
It was about localizing the power to the federal government. At least that's why the war was fought. Slavery was the number one issue, but the whole order was states rights. Anyone can see that.
Slavery was used as a vehicle, but it wasnt the reason the journey began.

Libfag from cali
>>
>>1134643
Literally incorrect, read my post above yours. You're revising history. The men in charge of succession FUCKING WROTE DOWN their reason for rebelling. It's not up for debate.
>>
>>1134617
I never argued for the "states rights" reason. Really that's just an oversimplified east to digest version for modern inbreds to complain about the war without really knowing anything. Technically "states rights" is part of the issue but it the whole issue would be the conflict between the Jeffersonian ideologies of the South compared to the Hamiltonian ideologies of the North which both had differing ideas as to the role of the state and the basis of the economy. Eventually they both would become so isolated politically from the other that remaining in the same government wouldn't work, so one side would have to come on top. It's not a matter of morals and justification as it is how inevitable it was for a war to break out.

Slavery was included as the central position of the Southern rebellion since slavery was seen as the only way the Southern Jeffersonian economy could continue to compete with the Northern industrial economy without themselves having to be integrated into each other. It's not that it was right but again the justification is irrelevant. It's all about the state models.
>>
>>1134652
You mean like the individual states retaining their rights to determine what property can and can't be owned?

No matter how you cut and carved the slavery issue, it can always route back to states rights.

Also that's the reason the south got into the war.... all in all the north was the aggressor, why did they attack the south? Sure as hell Wasn't for the niggers they didn't even free them selves till well after the war. Sure as hell wasn't to keep the south from continuing slavery. Naive to think so. It was about controlling the economy from a federal level.
>>
>>1134703
Well I'm glad you've shown me you're out of your element. Thanks for that. Do you think there would have been a massive, devastating civil war in the US if there had never been slaves?
>>
>>1134529
>>1134586
>They're ignoring these
Dumb hicks should stop replying to the slavery bait
>>
>>1134737
What is there to ignore
>>
>>1134758
Well >>1134586 is pretty solid.
>>1134721
Probably not.... but you could replace that with any other confiscation of goods and with the same surrounding events, with the same outcome, I believe...
It didn't have to be slaves... but there was an opportunity for it to be that way, and it was.

What if one political party took complete control.... and then confiscated the properties of the other party, or was intending to. The reason given is for slaves rights..... but the north had slaves, and didn't free them for quite a while after the war, and even then segregation was around for a while aswell. So it wasn't exactly a humanitarian cause.

Tl;dr: take away man's ability to provide for his people and he gets really pissed. Do it just to fuck them over because they don't agree with your other views.... that's kind of fucked.
>>
>>1134322
I have immunity cat though
>>
>>1132562

It was about a lot of things, not just the rights of states or slavery. Secession had been talked about since before 1800.
>>
>>1134992
the real problem was that the federal government did what ever the fuck it wanted with out care of what individual states wanted, that's not how the US was supposed to work.... there was the constitution, which was the supreme law of the land - ammended only in extreme cases, and then there was state's laws. Well the federal government was looking to ban slavery, which they didnt really have the power to do... so they took it. majority simply agreed. doesnt make it right, or wrong, what the north did, but i can definitely see why the south reacted the way they did.
>>
It was about state's rights. It was specifically about the right of states to decide for themselves whether or not they could own slaves. Yes, the South used States Rights as an argument to further perpetuate slavery, but we did the exact same thing during the Revolutionary War; we used traditional English Rights and Traditions to justify not paying taxes to Parliament. Rights have always been used selfishly to further the gains of a group. That's why they were developed in the first place.
>>
>>1133302
>What if the professional mental health community said, that the best way to help trans people would be to indulge in their delusions?

They're beginning to turn around on that due to the fact that after sex change suicide rates are through the roof.
>>
>>1135129
got facts to back up that hot claim?

there's only one study that shows post op trans have higher suicide rates than the general public... but they never compared post to pre... pre-op suicide is 41% of the trans pre-op populace will succeed in suicide before age 50...

we have no idea what the suicide rate is for post ops.
>>
>>1132562
>>1132573
>>1132583

how are these things not compatible?

isnt the notion that a state formed and maintained by its people can decide on questions that relate to their economic and social functioning the most obvious meaning of 'states rights'

isnt slavery one such question?
>>
>>1135218
yes but most people cant understand that a humanitarian issue falls under an economic one as well. They think its slavery because that's what it literally was... but they werent pissed because they couldnt own people anymore, they were pissed they couldnt make people work for "free"
>>
>neat, another civilvwar thread
>open it
>see people arguing bout fucking trannies and toilets

This is such a fucking non-issue I fail to grasp how is it making people so aggravated and I mean on both sides.
>>
>>1135273

but it realy was a fucked up way for washington to unilateraly go about things

i mean its not like there was no lobying interest group that knew abolition would economicaly ruin the south and they could buy it all up and exploit it any way they choose, its not like that simple fact wasnt obvious

then look what happened after the war, like even decades after, systemic destruction, exploitation, pauperisation and ruralisation of the south, same as in italy after garibaldi
>>
>>1135381
yeah dude it was super fucked up, that's why there was a war.
Lincoln fucking cheated to get into office.... then treatened to cut off the life blood of anyone who complained.
>>
>"nothing has ever presented so threatening an aspect as what is called the Missouri question. the Federalists compleatly put down, and despairing of ever rising again under the old division of whig and tory, devised a new one, of slave-holding, & non-slave-holding states, which, while it had a semblance of being Moral, was at the same time Geographical, and calculated to give them ascendancy by debauching their old opponents to a coalition with them. Moral the question certainly is not, because the removal of slaves from one state to another, no more than their removal from one county to another, would never make a slave of one human being who would not be so without it.... for if Congress once goes out of the Constitution to arrogate a right of regulating the condition of the inhabitants of the states, it’s majority may, and probably will next declare that the condition of all men within the US. shall be that of freedom. in which case all the whites South of the Patomak and Ohio must evacuate their states; and most fortunate those who can do it first. and so far this crisis seems to be advancing. " Thomas Jefferson 1820
>>
>>1135535

>“So I supposed. That agrees with what I hear by letter. Well, I am very sorry for it. Our people here will not retreat; they will accept a war, first. If you preserve the Union, it must be by conquest. I suppose you can do it, if you try hard enough. The North is a great deal stronger than the South; it can desolate it,—crush it. But I hope it won’t be done … Our people believe that the States are independent and have a right to recede from the Confederation without asking its leave. With few exceptions, all agree on that; it is honest, common public opinion. The South Carolinians sincerely think that they are exercising a right, and you may depend that they will not be reasoned nor frightened out of it; and if the North tries coercion, there will be war. I don’t say this defiantly, but sadly, and merely because I want you to know the truth” - Charleston Citizen January 1861

The south was pretty sure the north was going to destroy them one way or another. say what you will, but I can respect that they at least went down swinging.
>>
>>1132756
Are you retarded?
Brown eyes and dark hair is natural among white people
>>
>Imitation of someone implying slavery wasn't considered a state right

Why can't SJWs understand that slavery wasn't the only impetus for the war?
>>
>>1135575
Nope, you can't be white and brown eyed.
>>
>>1135591
Okay /pol/
>>
>>1135607
Shiteye please. If there's one distinguishing feature between whites and non-whites, it's eye color. If a non-white has blue eyes for example you can bet your ass he has a certain degree of white ancestry.
>>
>>1134596
The difference is the colonies won. The south didn't.
>>
File: 20,000 keks under the sea.png (533 KB, 459x612) Image search: [Google]
20,000 keks under the sea.png
533 KB, 459x612
>>1135623
My eyes aren't even brown
I'm just not a retard like you
If a nigger has a blue eyes it's a genetic mutation
>>
>>1135632
France won actually
>>
>>1135632
They could try. They tried pretty hard too.
>>
File: black baby blue eyes.jpg (18 KB, 322x400) Image search: [Google]
black baby blue eyes.jpg
18 KB, 322x400
>>1135645
Blue eyes never occured in anyone except for white people. If a nigger has blue eyes, he definitely has mixed ancestry. Even blond hair could develop independently in certain Melanesian tribes, but blue eyes are exclusive to white genetics.
>>
>>1135665
This is getting way beyond your original statement
Brown eyes are natural among white people
There has always been dark haired, and dark eyed people in Germany, Scandinavia, Britain, Spain, Italy, the Balkans, and Poland
And yes non-mixed black people can have blue eyes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waardenburg_syndrome
>>
>>1135701
Dark haired yes (although not jet black haired, that's non white shit). Dark eyed, no.
>>
>>1132562
Right, and the most important of those rights among the many they rebelled over was the right to own slaves.

Hooray, everyone's correct!
>>
>>1135721
>EVERYONE IN EUROPE HAD BLUE EYES AND NOBODY HAD BLACK HAIR XD
Just end yourself m80
>>
>>1135736
Not everyone in Europe is / was white.
>>
>>1135741
Okay stormtard
There were northern Europeans with dark eyes
Brown eyes are native to Europeans, just like blue eyes
They just aren't an exclusively European trait like blue are (with extreme exceptions)
>>
>>1132756

thats realy not what nationalism is about

>>1135623

i thought it was skin color? but seriously are you people trolling?
>>
>>1134447
Right, that was sort of the point. By electing Lincoln the North proved that it not only could but would do pretty much whatever the fuck it wanted to the South via the federal government and the South decided to take their ball and go home in a sort of "you can't fire me, I quit" deal.
>>
>>1133047
>>Trans people are mentally ill
But that's literally the case. Racism isn't a mental illness.
>>
>>1135984

what would of happened if the south declared secesion, pulled any diplomatic ties it had then, dug in waited

what i mean is didnt both side go into all out attack mode?

was the south attempting a preemptive strike so the north wouldnt eventualy steamroll them troug supperior numbers and industrial output?

wh realy ''started the war'' ?
>>
>>1134229
Stupid cartoon poster, gb2 your containment board.
>>
>>1136114
I've spent this thread "siding with the south" because of people refusing to believe that there can be multiple reasons for the south, but the battle of fort Sumter proves the south pulled the first real move
>>
File: 1448253439760.png (572 KB, 867x806) Image search: [Google]
1448253439760.png
572 KB, 867x806
>>1136363
>complaining about anime on anime website
I bet you think that Fort Sumter belonged to the South too
>>
>>1136443
It's not an anime website anymore since 2009. You however have several dedicated anime boards where you can post pedophile shit all day, no need to spam it here.
>>
>>1136443
>>1136467
I wasn't expecting the southerners to also be baiting
>>
>>1136530
I'm not a southerner, I'm actually a pro-union poster. I'm just disgusted by pedophiles.
>>
>>1136467
>we 4chan now
Go to /qa/, they know how to break the truth to retards like you. It's all they do.
>>
>>1136556
>/qa/

Thanks but I'm not a cuckold.
>>
>>1136443
It even says on the home page that 4chan is a simple image board. Not """" anime image board""""

Feel free to stop posting anytime though, stupid weeb shitter.
>>
>>1135188
not that guy but here you go, I believe this is the right source if I'm not mistaken
>http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children
>>
File: 1451179844246.png (94 KB, 777x441) Image search: [Google]
1451179844246.png
94 KB, 777x441
>>1136538
>>1136467
>>1136569
If you're triggered by weebs then there's this great alternative site you can go to, it's called r/history
>>
Was there any way to gradually unfuck the southern economy so that the slaves wouldn't be needed any longer, rather than just freeing them all immediately?
>>
File: feel 1.jpg (76 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
feel 1.jpg
76 KB, 854x859
>>1133023
Sc here. I know your pain.

>A mentally ill boy shooting black people in cold blood makes my great great grandfather a racist and traitor worthy of disownment for protecting his property and family from northern invaders

People are so quick to forget the motivation of Confederate soldiers. They weren't fighting because they were willing to throw away their lives, their son's lives, and all their worldly possessions to keep the black man down. They were fighting because the rich men who control the economy and governments of their states left the USA and brought this war upon them and their homes would be burned, land salted, and children slaughtered if they didn't fight.
>>
>>1136903
>northern invaders
traitors are traitors, the South shot first
>>
>>1132632
>just because she has a confederate and nazi flag she is a bigot
My friend, you are a little something I like to call "Prejudice!"
>>
>be a 19 year old Texan in 1861
>work as I will, keep the ranch running
>political divide finally does it, in the face of a president none in the south wanted and won because the vote was divided, we have seceded as not to have our economy totally gutted right before our eyes in the face of a leadership imposed on us without our consent
>these same folk cannot have it, they will kill to make sure that we are under their control
>go to fight an enemy that we will only once ever make an incursion into their homeland, it's all fought in our homes
>they turn to a policy of burning, starving, and killing to eventually crush us
>diseased and wounded, I die

>in 2016 black people burn down their cities and vandalize monuments all to call me a racist
>>
>>1137126
>mfw you expect me to feel guilty or sad about this and not proud
>implying the policy of the North shouldn't have been to ruthlessly eviscerate the culture, society, and history of the South
>>
>>1137126
Your fault for not diversifying your economy redneck
>waaah why is the country we rebelled against being so mean to us its not like we instigated this war oh wait
eternally butthurt southfag tears are delicious
>>
File: Northern Aggression Illustrated.png (30 KB, 1221x764) Image search: [Google]
Northern Aggression Illustrated.png
30 KB, 1221x764
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 412x558) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 412x558
>>1132562
Daily reminder that the war was between the degenerate, ignorant, negrofied, backwards South and the white, prosperous, innovative, moral North; and that Southerners and their diaspora are the enemies of white America.
>>
>>1133047
They can use the bathroom
The one specifically designated for the sex of their birth
>>
>>1136903
If they didn't fight then the US would have peacefully annexed the south and none of that shit would have happened you dumb nigger
The only reason anything got burned was because you dumb faggots fought
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7 KB, 187x270) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7 KB, 187x270
>>1137129
>>
>>1137135
>why aren't you bending to our imposed will
>It's not like we didn't make our nation on the idea of consent from the governed
>>
>>1137190
Nobody cares
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1137269
>It's YOUR fault we burned, looted, and raped
Remind me when southerners started tearing through the north again?
>>
>>1137277
Are you inbred?
There is absolutely no obligation for a single vote to come from a specific area for a man to become president
It's a national election and your fee fees do not matter.
And no Lincoln would have never even attempted to abolish slavery if you dumb cucks didn't start a civil war over it.
>>
>>1137285
>>It's YOUR fault we burned, looted, and raped
That's right, it is your fault
Don't start wars if you can't handle losing
>>
>>1137285
Yeah it is.
If you don't like wars, don't start them. Sherman is my hero
>>
>>1137290
The North refused to take their garrison from southern soil. The south were not the aggressors. Maybe the makers of the catalyst, but not aggressors.
>>
>>1137288
>There is absolutely no obligation for a single vote to come from a specific area for a man to become president
Consent from the governed is the point of the republic
>It's a national election and your fee fees do not matter
"Fee fees" is a childish way of addressing the fears and attitudes of civil war politics. Furthermore, that's the point, make another nation if there is such bullshit politics.
>>
>>1137337

>secedes from a country out of sheer autism
>"WAIT WHAT?! THEY'RE NOT JUST LETTING US LEAVE?! WHO DOES THAT!?"

What country lets a large portion of itself just separate. You're an idiot.
>>
>>1137295
>>1137190
>>1137135
>>1137129
Why are northerners such fucking children?
>>
>>1135575
wew lad
>>
>>1137337
That fort was sold to the United States government decades before they seceded you imbecile
It was their property and they were not on "southern soil"
>>
>>1137337
Fort Sumter was not Southern soil you cuckold. It wasn't a part of South Carolina state before the secession, attacking it would be an act of aggression even if secession was 100% legal.
>>
>>1137360

a democratic one?
>>
>what is the confederate states constitution

It was totally about slavey.
>>
>>1137360
>sheer autism
There you go making up words because staying the actual motives abd repercussions of policies made would make your position look much less graceful.

Would you say worse about the American Revolution? I mean wow, it's just taxes, they don't need representation. How could Great Britain just let their colonies go?
>>
>>1137370

Then you're an absolute chump as well.

>a democratic one
That's ironic seeing how you're advocating for the South, an aristocratic oligarchy.
>>
>>1137356
>Consent from the governed is the point of the republic
And he had that
The south doesn't get to impose their will on the majority when electing a leader
>"Fee fees" is a childish way of addressing the fears and attitudes of civil war politics
The south's fears and attitudes were childish themselves, so it fits
>>
>>1137366
Sorry, but it's correct
>>
>>1135575
(You)
>>
>>1137378
>Would you say worse about the American Revolution?
Yes actually I would say that one was just as illegal
But it was successful
>>
>>1137387
>>1137366
samefig /pol/ babby
>>
>>1137378

The motives were literally the South sperging out because Lincoln was voted in and they thought they would revoke their right to own slave.

The British didn't "let them go", they actually lost a war and didn't see any reason to devoting more resources to it. The South lost their war and therefore is a loser.
>>
File: lol okay.png (17 KB, 603x173) Image search: [Google]
lol okay.png
17 KB, 603x173
>>1137390
(You)
>>
>>1137396
People can be 100% white and have brown hair AND brown eyes
>>
>>1137398
No you can't. And I mean specifically YOU since it's obvious you have brown eyes and you're assblasted that other people don't see you as white.
>>
File: Cruiselaugh.jpg (58 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Cruiselaugh.jpg
58 KB, 600x400
>>1137400
>>
>>1137400

Can you take this to /pol/ please? It has no place on /his/.
>>
>>1132600
>metronomy
good taste
>>
>>1137389
Then you betray the principals that founded this country, and ought not to dictate what is correct for it.
>>
>>1137278
But I'm not racist, quite the opposite. Black people from other countries raised in the North turn out to be decently educated, civilized folk

Blacks and whites raised in Southern "culture" grow up to be violent, criminal, backwards religious fanatics, the Blacks who moved North to places like Detroit are Southern diaspora, and thus a product of that culture. The South is everything wrong with America.
>>1137362
Yet it's Northerners of all races who are consistently more educated, healthier, and wealthier than Southerners, who constantly vote in opposition to their interests because of meaningless social issues like gay marriage.
>>
>>1137419
Not really
The colonists gave more than enough consent for the minor taxes they received when they asked the British for military protection in the seven years war, so their declaration of independence was on the grounds that they weren't represented was entirely unjust
>>
>>1137426
*that was
>>
>>1137384
>The south doesn't get to impose their will on the majority when electing a leader
They didn't want to. They wanted to leave.
>The south's fears and attitudes were childish themselves, so it fits
"No u"
>abolitionism wasn't rife in republican ideology
>the south's economy wasn't wrecked by emancipation
Wew lad
>>
>>1137426
Except they didn't have consent after the war, which was the whole fucking issue, that mercenaries and Privateers were being shipped to colonies during peacetime made the Colonial government increasingly nervous.
>>
>>1137430
>the south's economy wasn't wrecked by emancipation
If the south's slaves hadn't been forcibly emancipated it would have ruined them in the long run so no it didn't
>They didn't want to.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugitive_Slave_Act_of_1850
>>
>>1137442
They didn't need it
When you ask the king to protect you then you agree to pay for it
End of story
>>
>>1137446
They weren't upset about paying for the troops though, it was that they were paying for war debts as English citizens without having the same rights as English citizens, hence "taxation without representation.
And before you say anything, it was indeed the Colonial aristocracy that primarily wanted a say, and that the average Colonists like normal Britons had no real say regardless.
>>
>>1137451
>We just didn't want to pay for what we asked for because we couldn't vote
Voting is a pointless sham and they were in the wrong
England did nothing wrong
>>
>>1137422
>Yet it's Northerners of all races who are consistently more educated, healthier, and wealthier than Southerners, who constantly vote in opposition to their interests because of meaningless social issues like gay marriage
>ignoring this much history and policy post-Civil War
This is childish. Your just throwing the goalposts around, and ignore the blatantly childish posts that post addressed with a "yah but we're smarter than you". Also funny since my state probably has a higher GDP and lower cost of living than your northern state, but this isn't /his/.
>>
>>1137459
>Voting is a pointless shame
Apparently the Patriots didn't think so, but opinions aren't facts.
>England did nothing wrong
Up until they hired Hessians to loot colonial towns, you're correct
>>
File: 1458553334031.jpg (4 KB, 212x218) Image search: [Google]
1458553334031.jpg
4 KB, 212x218
>>1137422
>Yet it's Northerners of all races who are consistently more educated, healthier, and wealthier than Southerners
>>
>>1137515
It's true, other than Virginia and Maryland (which are borderline southern to begin with), the South is total shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 513x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 513x505
>>1132600
>>1134322
You're all still here. That is so awesome. Abnet Doubleday, the guy who invented Baseball was a Union defender at Fort Sumter.

Glad to see NC and now TX giving the bird to Federal Gov't

American education is 20 somethingth because The FED hold states hostage and forced them to use PROVEN INFERIOR education styles and ruled. Use a shitty education system or we won't give you money. Isn't that so cool. Washington wants to make sure that you and your children grow up without the ability to think critically and dumber than 20 + other countries. Just makes you wanna kiss that rebel flag...
>>
Didn't the north control the entire government, so southern states had taxation without legit representation?
>>
>>1137519
>Texas
>>
>>1137519
do you have any facts are are you just going to talk out of your ass?
>>
>>1137533
Texas is the worst state with the most inflated sense of unwarranted self-importance
>>
File: poverty.jpg (515 KB, 942x624) Image search: [Google]
poverty.jpg
515 KB, 942x624
>>1137540
>>
File: obesity.png (722 KB, 2311x1465) Image search: [Google]
obesity.png
722 KB, 2311x1465
>>1137540
>>1137580
>>
>>1137580
>nigs and spics are poor

jesus christ we've been over this a million times. Who cares, white southerners aren't anymore disadvantaged then the rest of the country.
>>
File: high-school-graduation-rate.png (151 KB, 900x723) Image search: [Google]
high-school-graduation-rate.png
151 KB, 900x723
>>1137586
>>1137580
>>1137540
>>
>>1137589
>we are rich if we only count the rich people!

top lel

Niggers are spics are an integral part of the south, deal with it
>>
>>1137589
>>nigs and spics are poor
So the average Southerner?
>>
>>1137586
>literally matches up exactly
>>
File: 2014-teen-pregnancy-map.png (134 KB, 963x779) Image search: [Google]
2014-teen-pregnancy-map.png
134 KB, 963x779
>>
File: iq.png (6 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
iq.png
6 KB, 450x450
>>
File: svf04a_fig3.jpg (118 KB, 690x400) Image search: [Google]
svf04a_fig3.jpg
118 KB, 690x400
>>
File: trailers.jpg (60 KB, 580x233) Image search: [Google]
trailers.jpg
60 KB, 580x233
>>
File: criminals.png (77 KB, 605x511) Image search: [Google]
criminals.png
77 KB, 605x511
>>
File: jimcrow.png (48 KB, 1090x386) Image search: [Google]
jimcrow.png
48 KB, 1090x386
>>1137601
yeah why do you think the south enacted jim crow?
>>
>>1137589
Notice that Kentucky is mostly white but it's still shit.
>>
>>1137676
>virginia doesn't count as the south
>kentucky does

Kentucky and West Virginia get what they deserve for siding with yankees.
>>
>>1137691
Oh but Virginia does count, it's just an outlier.
>>
>>1137696
well nobody considers Kentucky southern, they're more like Ohio than any southern state.
>>
>>1137443
>expecting the north to follow their own constitution
>imposing their will

anytime I see people complain about the fugitive slave act, it shows they know nothing about american history.
>>
>>1137713
The Constitution avoided the question of slavery altogether, the fact was that you had people abuse the act to capture blacks in free states, which the abolitionists considered making slavery, if not legal, at least accepted.
>>
>>1137782
>Article IV, Section 2, Paragraph 3
>No Person held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in Consequence of any Law or Regulation therein, be discharged from such Service or Labour, but shall be delivered up on Claim of the Party to whom such Service or Labour may be due.

try again
>>
>>1133319
That's not true. The highest percentage of white slave holders in any state was Virginia with around 6 or 7%.
>>
>>1135034
>using the amendment process to make slavery unconstitutional isn't within the powers of the legislative branch set forth in the constitution

Well memed.
>>
File: trumpbait.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
trumpbait.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
>>1137542
This post fucking wreaks of jealousy
>>
>>1137659
>gun violence statistics
>real statistics
Anyway, none of your charts have a source to a study.
>>
File: 1462662713844.png (98 KB, 249x251) Image search: [Google]
1462662713844.png
98 KB, 249x251
Why are Yankees such self righteous, war mongering, imbecilic, animals?
>>
why was abraham lincoln such a tyrant bros. south seriously did nothing wrong.
>>
>>1137664
>>1137659
>>1137653
>>1137641
>>1137633
>>1137630
>>1137608
>>1137593
>>1137586
>>1137580
>get BTFO in actual Civil War argument
>post outdated infomaps out of butthurt at the South because you cant bring anything to the table that isn't immediately slapped off
childish
>>
Confedercucks
Outwardly: It was about state's rights! cotton economy!!
Together: Goddamned Niggers fucking my cousin....
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.