[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be Maximilian >be invited to be Emperor of Mexico by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: z174.jpg (106 KB, 485x594) Image search: [Google]
z174.jpg
106 KB, 485x594
>be Maximilian
>be invited to be Emperor of Mexico by the Mexican aristocracy
>Napoleon III supports your new claim and duly intervenes in an ongoing Mexican conflict to overthrow the corrupt and inane republic
>have the support of the Mexican population and rule Mexico fairly as if they were all your own
>fucking Lincoln puppets and spics fight you because "muh patriotism"
>US uses fear tactics to scare the French away and the Empire into submission to the rebels, while killing you, eternally condemning Mexico to being another poor American bitch
>150 years later my fellow illiterate Mexicans and ignorant Americans will celebrate this with cute songs and dances while our country is dying in their backyard

This is the most painful historical tragedy to me
>>
File: 1451893233354.jpg (729 KB, 1701x2005) Image search: [Google]
1451893233354.jpg
729 KB, 1701x2005
>>1127763
Monarcucks get rekt.
>>
>>1127768
The French Republic had to get bailed out by the most autocratic emperor in history up to that point, you have nothing to gloat over.
>>
>>1127774
>France today
Republic
>House of Bonaparte today
Irrelevant.
>>
>>1127782
>France today
EU cockslave
>France during Bonaparte
European hegemon
>>
File: Carlota of Mexico Juarez.jpg (84 KB, 500x702) Image search: [Google]
Carlota of Mexico Juarez.jpg
84 KB, 500x702
>>1127763
It is sad, people just think of him as a French puppet nowadays, his reign was the last hope of Mexico becoming a decent country.
I kind of don't like how he's just so liberal tbqh.

>>1127789
He has a point.
>>
File: 1462947394523.jpg (87 KB, 421x262) Image search: [Google]
1462947394523.jpg
87 KB, 421x262
>>have the support of the Mexican population and rule Mexico fairly as if they were all your own
>>spics fight you
>>
>>1127763
>be ancient amerimongs

>cross over some dank ice into a ridiculously resource rich and totally uninhabited giant landmass

>accomplish absolutely nothing for a whopping 15,000 years and remain in a literal nomadic stone age society.

>Spanish show up

>realize a bunch mongs are still running around and wiping their asses with their hands.

>conquer and contribute to genome to make them at bare minimum capable of assembling simple parts on an assembly line

Mexico as america's bitch today is infinitely better than what you people would be doing on your own time, I promise.
>>
>>1127763

I'm literally writing this from the place Maximilian was executed
>>
>>1127816
>accomplish absolutely nothing for a whopping 15,000 years and remain in a literal nomadic stone age society.

>Tenochtitlan
>Cusco
>Cahokia

anon pls, I'm not even american and I know this.
>>
File: 1460715752462.jpg (710 KB, 826x826) Image search: [Google]
1460715752462.jpg
710 KB, 826x826
>>1127817
Post a nude in that place to commemorate Maximilian.
>>
>>1127763
Reading about him makes me think that he was a guy who genuinely wanted to help the mexicans. Shame he was executed.
>>
>>1127768
Why is the US on Belligerent? Wasn't the US neutral and telling the republicans to calm down?
>>
>>1127836
It's just a little footnote for the Quasi War
>>
>>1127840
If I remember correctly didn't that involve the XYZ Affair, and wasn't that shit started by France?
>>
>>1127825

You are correct in that the lower mongs did settle. I should've noted that. Regardless it was still a stone age society without alphabet or any real level of advancement.
>>
>>1127858
But they did use metal.

And Cahokia was was near St. Louis
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.