[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Israel conquer the Holy Land?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1436531907412.jpg (55 KB, 369x365) Image search: [Google]
1436531907412.jpg
55 KB, 369x365
How did Israel conquer the Holy Land?
>>
Modern Israel didn't conquer anything. Ottomans conquered it, then Britain took it, then Britain gave it to them.
>>
>>1127778
>>1127778
>>1127778
>>
>>1127778
in their war of independence they conquered additional territory outside of what the UN had given them and the same is true for the 6 Day War
>>
>>1127810
And gave the majority of it back, as well as willingly surrendered Jordan to be an independent Arab, Muslim country.
>>
>>1127826
they didn't give the majority back, the only thing they've given back was the Sinai peninsula. although Egypt and Jordan renounced their claims to Gaza and the West Bank. An independent Palestine is looking very unlikely to ever happen at the moment
>>
>>1127826
>willingly surrendered Jordan to be an independent Arab, Muslim country.
what? the British divided Transjordan from Palestine under their rule. Jordan was one of the already independent countries that attacked Israel as soon as it became a state
>>
>>1127831
Sinai peninsula dwarfs the pieces they kept and other countries renounced claims to. There was never an independent Palestinian country which the Jews took over, just changing demographics and apartheid policies within a single country that already existed.
>>
>>1127844
But the Sinai is a bunch of nothing. you are absolutely right though that there was no Palestinian state that they conquered. although the UN set up boundaries for the two states there were no Palestinian efforts to set up a state. the moment Israel became a state was also a moment that a power vacuum opened up in Palestine where neighboring countries could come in to grab land. since Israel ended up gaining land from what borders they were given by the U.N. I would consider that conquering
>>
>>1127870
>I would consider that conquering
Fuckers shouldn't have started shit, then.
>>
>>1127876
Palestinians didn't "start shit " though. Egypt, Jordan and Syria did
>>
>>1127900
>Egypt, Jordan and Syria did
That's what I was referring to about the West Bank and Gaza strip.
>>
>>1127902
oh, ok. btw I'm not trying to argue against Israel. I consider myself pretty neutral on the whole issue
>>
>>1127844
Yeah, a country made up of west bank and gaza strip and current israel will end up in even more bloodshed and an all out civil war like in Yugoslavia.
The "Apertheid" policies were a result of egypt and jordan giving up the west bank and gaza strip and the ensuing escalation of tensions between the israelis and the arabs that lived in the west bank and the gaza strip.
There were no walls and no blockades before serious hostilities started between the west bank and gaza strip arabs and israel.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.