[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serbian Costumes 1490's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8
File: Remove Kebab Titusz Dugovics.jpg (157 KB, 800x911) Image search: [Google]
Remove Kebab Titusz Dugovics.jpg
157 KB, 800x911
>In b4 personal army

I'm in need of some help, /his/. My manager at work is involved with this club called the SCA. It's kind of like LARPing but it's all about historical accuracy. Anyways, he fights and I'm thinking about joining so I can beat the shit out of him without fear of repercussion.
The long and short of my supplication is I need help finding historical art or good modern replicas of clothes from Belgrade, Serbia in the 1490's. The problem I'm running into is that when I'm trying to research it, most of what I'm finding is Ottoman shit but Belgrade was still a Christian stronghold in the Ottoman Balkans. I'm not too worried about it being too complicated because my wife sews really well, but she needs a pattern. If I know what I'm looking for, I should be able to talk to one of the SCA people to help me get the pattern. I just need to know what they wore there (bonus for patterns though)
Anyone have anything they could share?
>>
>>1127489
This might help, although most of the surviving Serbian art from that time period is unfortunately religious/iconographic and so not the most representative of contemporary dress.

http://www.monumentaserbica.com/mushushu/
>>
File: Serbian court woman c. 1500.jpg (42 KB, 250x384) Image search: [Google]
Serbian court woman c. 1500.jpg
42 KB, 250x384
Here you go

https://modanekadisad.wordpress.com/istorija-kostima-u-slikama/srednjovekovni-kostim/srpski-srednjovekovni-kostim/

You’re unlikely to find clothes from that exact time and place, but some of these are reasonably close, and the text describes the changing fashions.
>>
File: Serbian shepherds c. 1400.jpg (180 KB, 400x539) Image search: [Google]
Serbian shepherds c. 1400.jpg
180 KB, 400x539
>>1127848
>>
File: Serbian mining leaders c. 1580.jpg (158 KB, 600x816) Image search: [Google]
Serbian mining leaders c. 1580.jpg
158 KB, 600x816
>>1127855

(Also keep in mind the margin of error in the dating of some of these pictures is pretty large, approximate centuries are sometimes the best we can do)
>>
File: Serbian ktitors 14th century.jpg (144 KB, 576x423) Image search: [Google]
Serbian ktitors 14th century.jpg
144 KB, 576x423
>>1127861
>>
File: Serbian rulers c. 1350.jpg (97 KB, 431x595) Image search: [Google]
Serbian rulers c. 1350.jpg
97 KB, 431x595
>>1127865
>>
File: Branko's belt, c. 1350.jpg (198 KB, 736x1472) Image search: [Google]
Branko's belt, c. 1350.jpg
198 KB, 736x1472
>>1127868
From a different site, a belt from c.1350
>>
>>1127878
>>
bump so OP can see this before it dies
>>
>most of what I'm finding is Ottoman shit
Of course, the Serbs were Ottoman lackeys in that time period. They aided Mehmed I against his brothers when Timur wrecked the Ottomans' shit and they were the weakest they'd ever been. Then they aided Mehmed II in taking Constantinople. Then they aided the Turks in conquering the rest of the Balkans, and most of Hungary.

So I'd say that Ottoman shit is pretty accurate.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.