[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think that it is impossible to live a 100% logical life,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1459361912252.jpg (41 KB, 640x647) Image search: [Google]
1459361912252.jpg
41 KB, 640x647
Do you think that it is impossible to live a 100% logical life, and at the same time, be happy?

I'm starting to think yes. If you really do question everything arround you, you'll find out you can't answer a lot of things, and this will cast a shadow of doubt over your life.

In the end, happiness is just escapism, and things have no meaning.

What do you think?
>>
I think that it is impossible to live a 100% logical life at the first place.
>>
>>1126623
> happiness is just escapism
What does it even means? For example, it can be said logical life is also just an escapism. How you know what is escapism and what is not.
>>
>>1126623
'logic' is interchangeable within cultures. For instance Chinese kill people as a way to save money on hospital bill (you have probably seen videos of many Chinese people doing heinous things which are simply accepted).

Happiness is a simple illusion, it's not static it's always changing so why bother even pursue it in the first place?
>>
>>1126623
You're misusing the word 'logic'.
Please take a course in formal logic before using that word.
>>
File: hume1.jpg (7 KB, 148x200) Image search: [Google]
hume1.jpg
7 KB, 148x200
Basically everything you do, like expecting the future to resemble the past, is just a habit.
Logic is great, but overrated by people who don't understand its proper place.

If you want a happy life, follow Epicurus
>>
>>1126623
These threads are the memes of /his/

>"Guys, I just thought that when I think my thoughts might not be real so maybe I'm not thinking."
>''Prove me bd wong; pro tip - you can't"

What do you think?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.