[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you can't disprove Solipsism >you can't disprove
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: uuop.jpg (104 KB, 1200x516) Image search: [Google]
uuop.jpg
104 KB, 1200x516
>you can't disprove Solipsism
>you can't disprove Idealism
>you can't disprove Nihilism

Why do philosophy?
>>
File: 1460246220974.jpg (144 KB, 465x472) Image search: [Google]
1460246220974.jpg
144 KB, 465x472
Because even if you can't prove or disprove unfalsifiable concepts, you can still discard them.
>>
There are good arguments against all of them. Solipsism is funny in that it doesn't matter if it's true or not.
>>
Alien here. I can.
>>
Just read stirner
>>
>>1125749
le epin falsification maymay
>>
>>1125755
Descartes? More like Discardthis, amirite guys?? LMAO
>>
>falsification
>>
>>1125749
>I can't disprove I'm not the dream of a pink-striped zebra sleeping in a field of Swiss cheese and jello welp guess everything's pointless to speculate about LOL
>>
>>1125872
It kind of is though.
I mean it can be fun certainly but it's still pointless.
>>
>>1125749
>Why do philosophy?
Some people are just really insecure about their intelligence so they need to find ways to prove it to everyone else.
>>
>>1125749
yes i can though
i just have to call you a faggot and throw a rock at you
>>
>>1125749
People who dont like life do philosophy. Its the most abstract(well and math, same thing) way of examining life.
People's who do not like interacting with people, who prefer a more solitary life do philosophy. There are exceptions of course but the majoirty of philosophers are melancholic loners.
>>
File: Socrates.jpg (375 KB, 843x1024) Image search: [Google]
Socrates.jpg
375 KB, 843x1024
>>1126239
The biggest exception is this motherfucker who's entire system relied on making new friends to publicly embarrass.
>>
>you can't disproved closed logic circuit paranoia
Why do living?
>>
>>1126239
Phil undergrads ladies and gentlemen
>>
File: Rheinlaend.png (42 KB, 384x256) Image search: [Google]
Rheinlaend.png
42 KB, 384x256
You can disprove all three. You just aren't smart enough to invent coherent method of how to do it and this is why you need to study philosophy.
>>
File: Abhinavaguptapada.jpg (270 KB, 522x373) Image search: [Google]
Abhinavaguptapada.jpg
270 KB, 522x373
>>1125749
Solipsism was solved with kashmiri shaivism being the conclusion. Everything is you, but you are only a part of shiva. You kids and your western cultural hegemony shaping the scope of your knowledge.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.