[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys think that Christianity, or on a broader perspective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: christianity.jpg (4 KB, 255x197) Image search: [Google]
christianity.jpg
4 KB, 255x197
Do you guys think that Christianity, or on a broader perspective religion in general, will ever die out? If so, how would it end, and what would be the main factors causing Christianity's downfall?

I don't see religion in general ever not being a thing, but I can see Christianity fading away as the years go on considering the current direction of society. In fact, at least in western culture, I definitely can see people moving away from religion in general.

Is this just a counter-cultural response to past history where civilizations and countries had deep roots in their organized religions, or is it because of the growth of technology, or some other factors?
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 700x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 700x337
>>1121739
OP is a faggot and a heretic.
>>
>>1121739
Christianity does predict it's downfall desu
>>
>>1121739
It depends what you mean.

Will it die out worldwide? Not in the forseeable future. Places like Africa will always be ripe for it.

Will it die out in the developed world (America, Europe, Canada, Japan)? Certainly. That's what the demographic shift is. The Christians that do remain are very moderate in their beliefs, save for the bible belt.
>>
>>1121739
Where you are going to spend eternity, there are no Christians.

Only darkness and fire.
>>
>>1121739
>but I can see Christianity fading away as the years go on considering the current direction of society. In fact, at least in western culture, I definitely can see people moving away from religion in general.
The devil always thinks he has won, until he doesn't.
>>
Religion as a system for explaining the mechanics of the world will (in the West) probably die. It will (has?) become just a system of ethics and traditional rituals. The mystical side of religion hopefully never dies, even if the circles keep getting smaller and smaller.

I'd say that technological progress and the comfort it brings have to do with the downfall of religiosity. It is just so easy to live a comfortable life of hedonism and materialism in todays world, so religion seems unnecessary to a lot of people. Were we to face some kind of disaster or another, religion might become more popular again. Tough to say
>>
>>1121739
I don't think so, although we may see Islam becoming the faith of Western Europe in the future.
>>
>>1124210
To be fair, if that happens, it is basically because of conquest. Not many Europeans, be they atheists or christians, are willing to convert to islam.
>>
>>1124210
It wont. As someone who lives in a muslim country I predict that its influence will wane over the decades and will never gain a foothold in the technologically advanced western societies.
>>
much llike how xiantity "lured" the heathern and pagan by coopting their rituals/holidays/symbols
so to has the modern religious movements.

Many people believe in xiantiy
you want to start a religion, but you're too degenerate for any offically sanctioned religion.
You hijack some of jesus teachings from the bible, call your self a christian, and boom you got your cult off the ground.

Now contrast this with the revival of witchcraft/wicca/paganism new age tomfoolery.
Its a fact that the revivial of these religions are a mere charicature of what those old time religions still entailed.
But some lit major was bored and wanted attention so they research and trook the cool stuff that they read about and put it into a religion.

So it may die out, but that wont stop people from reading the bible, as some sort of ironic or post-ironic nostalgia for the "better times". Or just to be that hipster that brings it back to the underground.

And that is to say someone whos looking for attention and respect in the future wont start a revival Catholicism or orthodoxy, that will only be a facsimile of the original.

Also considering the humanitarian efforts and the peacful faces of many religions will be hard to just kick them out or lynch them, becuase while there are douche bags in every religion, they generally mean good, and try to do so.
Since we aren't barbarians with no mercy I find it hard waging a war on Christianity that would successfully obliterate the belief.
>>
File: truth.jpg (109 KB, 720x677) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
109 KB, 720x677
>>1121739

No, the true one won't since true christians can actually perform the miracles jesusbois are lacking.

What might die is catholicism and other branches of jesusbois since their books are filled with contradictions and no matter what they do they cannot prove their words.

Nowadays the first thing you do after having an actual read at the bible is notice it has been touched left and right, so that doesn't speak rightly of that book.
>>
It will either die out, e.g. Europe, or it will reign supreme because of superior indoctrination, i.e. muslim Europe in 20 years, or neither of those will happen because humanity goes underwater or some shit.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.