[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come charlatans who spout "prophecies" about deities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: BaselinePepe.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
BaselinePepe.png
108 KB, 400x381
How come charlatans who spout "prophecies" about deities today are mocked, but centuries ago people bought into their shit by the thousands?

Was the world just younger?
>>
>>1120246
Plenty of people made fun of them back then
But today you can be locked up and drugged for talking like that whether you have divine providence or not
>>
You're not giving ancient people enough credit. For example, Muhammad was mocked for peacefully spreading his "visions". He realised that violence and terror was the best way to spread beliefs and Islam was born.

Jesus was seen as a lunatic and Christians as twisted cultists for centuries
>>
>>1120246
>How come charlatans who spout "prophecies" about deities today are mocked, but centuries ago people bought into their shit by the thousands?

Have you ever met a conspiracy theorist? If you go to a party full of people, and someone's talking about NWO, lizard people, 9/11, etc. There's always a bunch of retards who legitimately believe that.
>>
>>1120279
>normies talk about conspiracies at parties
what alternate universe is this
>>
>>1120320
When I went to my friend's birthday parties, I always found when the Chads and bro-dudes get drunk, they start talking about lizard people, illuminati, brain wave control, etc.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.