[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /his/, how accurate is this film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: The-Message.jpg (64 KB, 329x484) Image search: [Google]
The-Message.jpg
64 KB, 329x484
So /his/, how accurate is this film?
>>
>>1119856
It's actually pretty authentic if you consider early Islamic sources to be true.

Yes, some poetic license is taken like the scene in which Abdullah bin Ubay and Abu Sufyan meet and plan together to destabilize Medina while in reality Abdullah bin Ubay and Abu Sufyan had different goals. Abdullah wanted to be the Amir of Medina while Abu Sufyan wanted to finish Islam and keep his tribe's honour alive
>>
>>1119856
Nice to see Arabs using straight swords for once.
>>
>>1121833
The curved blades only appeared after the Mamluk takeover of Egypt IIRC, early to mid 14th century. Their blades were straight when they were crossing them with the Crusaders
>>
>>1119856
>watch this in Middle Eastern history class
>afterwards, discuss the movie
>black guy goes full WE WUZ and says that there being black slaves is historically inaccurate
>>
>>1121848
It basically comes from the steppes.
>>
>>1122099
OK, this I didn't know. So, after the sack of Baghdad.
>>
>>1122107
Not at all, the turks come from the steppes too and after the 11th century most of the rulers of islam were turkics of some kind.

It was just not an arab sword, so it probably needed time to be spread amongst them. There's not really a date.
>>
>>1122130
Oh, that makes sense especially considering that it was the standard weapon for Ottoman troops
>>
>>1122082
but that guy was literally a freed slave.
>>
>>1122082
Wtf
Arabs enslaves black people for about 2000/3000 years
Yet black people remember europeans as who enslaves them only
>>
>>1123722
>what is noi

Also, did Muslims have giant plantations?
>>
The Hamza sections really remind me of those old FMV games. Ali's "cameo" is also both genius and hilarious.
>>
>>1123726
>Also, did Muslims have giant plantations?

Yep. The Zanj rebelion in Iraq was basically a massive uprising of black slaves worked to death on massive farms.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 482x305) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 482x305
>>1125010
Was it correct that Ali already has Zulfiqar at battle of badr? I thought he received it at battle of uhud.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.