[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could capitalism even compete?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: big.jpg (65 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
big.jpg
65 KB, 960x720
How could capitalism even compete?
>>
>>1119539
It did, and it won. Sheltered middle-class faggots posting /leftypol/ will never change that.
>>
Why is Russian empire so cool and artsy and high class while the USSR is full on pleb and shit buildings and stupid art and stuff?
>>
Why is 50-60's America so cool and powerfull and high class while the moder USA is full of apple-fappers and daring niggers and capitalist shit?
>>
>>1119585
USA was always pleb central.

>50s
>high class

LOL
>>
File: 1462455114018.jpg (187 KB, 726x702) Image search: [Google]
1462455114018.jpg
187 KB, 726x702
because Russia was too pussy to blow us up

it was the only way it could have ended in a tie; broke fucking Russians didn't have enough resources to win
>>
>>1119539
the map is wrong. the whole ex Yugoslavia should be orange, not only Serbia and Albania
>>
File: 1462970593203.jpg (113 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1462970593203.jpg
113 KB, 960x720
>>1119539
>>
>>1119539
>2015 world GDP-75 trillion
>US and EU GDP-36 trillion
>Chinese GDP-11 trillion
>Soviet GDP in 1989, adjusted for inflation- 5 trillion

By being indisputably better.
>>
>>1119585
I know literally nothing about US history, but I'll be damned if that'll stop me from sharing my opinion: the post
>>
>>1119539
We had food to eat
>>
>>1119692
>Vladivostok is unhabitable tundra
>>
File: MIT KEIN SURVIVORS.jpg (505 KB, 780x7487) Image search: [Google]
MIT KEIN SURVIVORS.jpg
505 KB, 780x7487
>>1119551
>ignorance the post.
Just who do you think the Tsarist empire was classy and cool for? Literally the <1%. The USSR was SUPPOSED to be a PLEBIAN paradise. As shitty as it was, the USSR did uplift the average person's quality of life.
>>
>>1119539
By possesing most of the resources, land and population, almost all the industry and technology at the start of the race.
>>
>>1119590
I think he meant to say how your average 50's middle-class family from the suburbs makes modern Americans look like trash. And it's true, it does.
>>
>>1119539
The Soviet Union had just been brought to near extinction by an invasion that almost succeeded, America had lost far less men and the country had not been occupied at all.

The Soviet Union was destitute, and America was experiencing its biggest financial boom ever as a result of selling most of the civilised world(bar axis) weapons and supplies.

Once western europe recovered, sufficient markets were created for America to continue to enjoy complete economic superiority, whilst the nature of the Soviet Union's government(no chatting shit about internal stuff) crippled its ability to reform.

The Soviet Union's one shot at victory was a communist revolution in western europe, and the Marshall Plan shot that prospect dead in the water.

imo gorbachev was a hero who almost achieved the impossible but was let down by butthurt generals and it's a shame
>>
>>1119826
>the USSR did uplift the average person's quality of life

This is what communists actually believe
>>
>>1120367
By achieving the impossible do you mean saving the Union or the marxist-leninist system?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.