[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Anon wants to be worshipped by aliens.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 6387016_f496.jpg (38 KB, 496x330) Image search: [Google]
6387016_f496.jpg
38 KB, 496x330
Alright, thought experiment.
Let's say we have managed to travel intergalactically and that we found a planet with complex life on it. A real civilization has developed there and these guys also have some kind of religion.
If we were able to study their religious texts would we be able to convince them that we created them and get them to worship us?
>>
Enjoy eventually getting murdered by them.
>>
>>1118841
What makes you think they'd do that?
>>
>>1118894
Because it's what always happens to gods. Because that's what gods are in the beginning: sacrificial victims, later deified by mythology, but whose only real power comes from dying.
>>
File: 1462875704100.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1462875704100.png
21 KB, 900x900
>>1118905
>>
>>1118911
good use of pepe
>>
>>1118905
I'm no expert, but aren't gods supposed to be immortal?
>>
>>1118998
Only in the abstract. You can say god is immortal because he doesn't exist and is only an abstract idea.
>>
>>1118998
They're immortal because they're dead, and since they're immortal there's no harm in killing them.

Man's first experience of immortality is the realisation that the sacrificial victim blesses the community with sudden peace after his death, and rules its life ever after.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.