[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deindustrialization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 275x184) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 275x184
What effect does deindustrialization have on the working classes in the countries it takes place in from a Marxist point of view, a Keynesian point of view, and an Austrian point of view?
>>
>>1118181
Marxist:
>the unemployed proletariat will rise up and seize the means of production, since they now have nothing to lose but their chains

Keynesian:
>they will find comfort in the welfare state

Austrian:
>the free market will fix it
>>
>>1118181
>Marxist
gibesmedat

>Austrian
dont wrry senpai ;)
>>
>>1118229
>>1118316
nope
>>
>>1118229
but anon, with deindustrialization, there is no more means of production. They were all outsourced to the Phillipines and Taiwan
>>
>>1118181
>Austrian
This board is for serious discussion
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447304510278.jpg (25 KB, 391x565) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447304510278.jpg
25 KB, 391x565
>>1122522
>I want people to tell me what to do and I think you should, too
>>
>>1118181
Keynesians and Austrians don't believe the working class exists. They talk about employees and consumers.

Marxists SHOULD view all wage labour as fundamentally similar whether "industrial" in nature or "service." However, there are long standing traditions within Marxist discourses which view labours as fundamentally different, neither on an empirical basis nor on the basis of differential exploitation and productivity. Basically, a perverse love of male ethnic majority blue collar workers in mining, heavy industry and metals manufacturing industry.

The more erudite Marxist scholars have looked at the demassification of the proletarian subject and the production of a new social worker (Autonomism, US syndicalism).

Basically: Keynesians and Austrians want to manage capitalism which obliterates the working class subject into employee and consumer, whereas Marxists either seek to do the same (ala Soviet Union, official social democrat & communist parties), or seeks to find the terrain on which the proletarian subject can come into being.
>>
>>1122565
>I don't want to live in a society that actually operates
>>
>>1118181
marxist: Deindustrialization is intentional rather than something out of economic necessity, the function is strike busting and increasing the reserve army of labor (unemployment) to restore surplus value. Their response to criticism would likely not be productive, if I were to play devil's advocate I might argue that capitalists do indeed engage in various practices in order to corner the market and such and this might play a role in deindustrialization.

keynesian: muh protectionism. They would point to how uneconomical it is to transport goods all the way from china and argue that protecting higher wages at home and heavy industry has long term holistic benefits. To counter criticism they would point to the success of South Korean, Japanese and German heavy industry which had good labor relations that didn't interfere with innovation compared to the anglos.

austrian: muh creative destruction. They would compare the opportunity cost of lower taxes on high tech industry and small and medium sized businesses as well as other things such as how they benefit from cheaper foreign steel with the costs/benefits of protectionism. Their bias would be in favor of market forces and against the collective benefits that keynesians might propose.
>>
>>1122522
Still more serious than Marxist.
>>
>>1122672
>a perverse love of male ethnic majority blue collar workers in mining, heavy industry and metals manufacturing industry
SJWs are switching up on old school marxists?

kek
>>
>>1122978
It was identified as a problem in party and union behaviour as early as the 1940s with the Scientific workers unions in the west.
>>
>>1122978
I've noticed this as well. I think it comes from the -self-realization from most western "marxists" that they're a bunch of over educated Bourgeois brats who have nothing in common with the working class. Thus they build a world view where the working classes are the bigoted abusers while they're the disenfranchised victims. Basically explains the modern's left obsession with Feminism, Queer theory, race, sex, and ignore actual economic marxism.
>>
>>1122978
Of course. Marxists abandoned traditional working class people years ago.
>>
>>1122896
Human society is an emergent phenomenon, not some sacred collective consciousness. To say that societies should be changed so that they can "work" or "progress" in some subjective manner is to advocate forceful manipulation of human behavior on mere whim.
>>
>>1122672
fifel pls go
>>
>>1120976
this

yall think deindustrialization was a loss to your "country"

in reality it was your empire grabbing new territories and exploiting foreign nations aka the empire-neutral newspeak term "outsourcing"

it is age old empire expansion and emassing more vassals
>>
>>1120976
Taiwan already outsourced it all to China.
>>
The working class changes and becomes the office drone debt consumer class. The new working class is in China.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.