[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you first realize that the loyalists were heroes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: heroes.jpg (10 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
heroes.jpg
10 KB, 261x193
When did you first realize that the loyalists were heroes?
>>
>>
>>1114386
>current year
>being a butthurt Brit
No crumpets for you.
>>
>>1114386

Nobody really holds anything against the Loyalists, it's only people like Arnold who started out fighting for America then switched sides who are hated.

>inb4 the Continental Congress didn't give him enough money
>>
>>1114483
>it's only people like Arnold who started out fighting for America then switched sides who are hated.

That's changing too. Ben is treated very unfairly by American propaganda.
>>
When they lost the war and used mental gymnastics to reinvent the narrative.
>>
>>1114386
When they came back to burn the whitehouse down
>>
>>1114386
When did you realise that New France was the tragic victim ?
>>
When did you realize the Greeks were the bad guys
>>
File: 1444342745886.jpg (76 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1444342745886.jpg
76 KB, 500x667
>>1114704
Mehmet pls
>>
they weren't though
>>
>>1114527

I'm rolling my eyes at you sir
>>
File: gimp_meme_medieval.png (611 KB, 699x699) Image search: [Google]
gimp_meme_medieval.png
611 KB, 699x699
>x were the heroes and x were the bad guys
It's not fucking Star Wars it's history
>>
>>1114386
Around the time i heard they only rebelled because they didnt want to pay taxes.
>>
Friendly reminder the Revolution was a farce hijacked by Enlightenment hacks pushing their shit agenda.
>>
>>1114386
Except they were terrible British citizens. As the Glorious Revolution and the English Civil War shows, it's the duty of every true Englishman to fight against a tyrannical king.
>>
Reminder that the overwhelming majority of Loyalists stayed in the U.S. and became Americans.

It's only the worst, most reprehensible of cuckolds who left and became C*nadians.
>>
>>1114855
>the King
>Tyrannical
I don't get why people keep saying that.
If anything the guy is the guarantor of freedoms.
>>
>>1114836
You mean X and Y you fucking dolt
>>
>>1114875
Whig Historians who love to potray the war as a war between Freedon Fighters and a Tyrannic King rather than a bunch of asshole Parliaments
>>
>>1114875
And when he isn't you overthrow him or execute him. Later Kings of England tacitly accepted this by becoming America's greatest ally after the War of 1812.
>>
>>1114889
oh shit im sorry
>>
>>1114893
People at the time sincerely believed they were fighting a tyrant. Of course the Parliament is involved, as it was in the English Civil War and the Glorious Revolution.
>>
>>1114875
Sending Hessians was a pretty dick move desu
>>
>Loyal to the crown
>Didn't fight to save their country
>Fled to Canada in shame
>""""Heroes""""
>>
>>1114386
I don't because I don't hate liberty
>>
>>1114855
>muh whig history
read an actual book instead of spouting nineteenth century memes
>>
>>1114972
Go read the Federalist papers.

Of course, it was bullshit. But they beliebed it.
>>
File: James_Wolfe.jpg (1 MB, 2514x3307) Image search: [Google]
James_Wolfe.jpg
1 MB, 2514x3307
>>1114702
I'm glad the mention of James Wolfe offends French Canadians
>>
>>1114386
Loyalists are gay 2bh
>>
File: EnricoDandolo.jpg (25 KB, 220x270) Image search: [Google]
EnricoDandolo.jpg
25 KB, 220x270
>>1114721
he's right anon
>>
>>1117164
>ifunny
>>
>>1114483
>didn't give him enough money
this is bait
he actually donated to the war effort from his own pocket to the point he bdcamd indebted to continental congress
that, and the fact he was cucked by other generals and passed for promotion several times made him change sides
>>
>we will never have a glorious Greater Anglandia taking up all of North America

feels bad
>>
File: BestIreland.jpg (32 KB, 720x356) Image search: [Google]
BestIreland.jpg
32 KB, 720x356
>>1117164
S T A Y M A D
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.