[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
What went wrong?
>>
>>1114296
History isn't profitable because the average goyi--... Joe doesn't give a fuck.
>>
Need more viewers so it expanded to cater to a larger audience
>>
>>1114296
history
>>
That's when I stopped watching the H channel was back in 2002. Did they really stop talking about him? That's a shame here I am on /his/ where every other topic is about him.
>>
>>1114296
Strayan history channel still has plenty of history shows on it. Is History being exclusively Ayyys and Reality TV just an American thing?
>>
>>1114455
It's certainly the most advertised on the very channel itself. On the flip side, their budgets seemed to have improved. Thus the rare documentary we go get tends to have very decent production and filmed reenactments.
>>
Capitalism
>>
>>1114296
Pretty much the same thing that happened to MTV. Some prick in a suit with a head for numbers and nothing else got into a position of power and looked at what was selling. They saw that the occasional show about aliens or some stupid storage wars-type show was getting moderately high views because it was a novelty at the time. So their solution is to slowly replace all the actual history stuff with more and more of this shit because that is what they think people want. Eventually they've almost completely lost what the original goal of the channel was for.

What we can only hope will happen is that someone new will join the team and they will steer the ship back to its true heading. Whether or not they suceed depends upon the strength of their conviction and how deeply infected the History channel team has become with """"""""reality""""""" TV peddling cretins.
>>
File: 1457559217279.jpg (62 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1457559217279.jpg
62 KB, 960x960
Clearly aliens are attempting to revise history in order to prepare the populace for its inevitable acceptance once they take over the world through their reptilian agent infiltrators
>>
Same thing happened with TLC, it was funded by NASA and is owned by discovery to initially promote learning. Called The Learning Channel.

But now it's lowest common denominator reality TV showcasing abnormal people.
>>
at least PBS is still intact

oh wait sesame street moved to HBO.

wonder how that's gonna turn out when the kids accidentally watch game of thrones.
>>
>>1114867
Who cares. It's the internet age. You can literal get thousands of academic quality lectures instantly for free.
>>
>>1114296
Who's got the extended meme that includes pawn stars guys for 2012-2016?
>>
Clearly by ignoring the Furher the History channel doomed itself.
>>
Apparently almost morbidly obese people that offer money for antiques are appealing for most of the audience

i mean, it isn't even about ayys anymore, its pawn shop ALL DAY
>>
>>1115954
At least antiques are history.
>>
>>1114804
We wuz ayyliens n sheeeit
>>
>>1114303
This
>>
>>1115954
Not even, there are a few ghosts/alien reality shitshows.
I don't understand why people like to watch some guys jewing the fuck out of everyone and making them believe they did a great deal.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.