[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck was his problem? seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Polpot.jpg (43 KB, 214x316) Image search: [Google]
Polpot.jpg
43 KB, 214x316
What the fuck was his problem?

seriously
>>
Mad he only saw half the world
>>
>>1112934
Have you taken a good look at his picture?
>>
>>1112934
Was it autism?
>>
t. typical 4chan poster
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 500x532
>>1112934
Try this.
What are the circumstances that lead Mr. Pot to participate in the Kmehr Rouge?
Or
What justification did Mr Pot use to kill X number of people?

If alive today, I am sure that Mr. Pot would ask YOU what the fuck YOUR problem is. Seriously. He had a regime, you had a poorly worded Shitpost.
>>
>>1113075
>Try this.
>What are the circumstances that lead Mr. Pot to participate in the Kmehr Rouge?
>Or
>What justification did Mr Pot use to kill X number of people?
>If alive today, I am sure that Mr. Pot would ask YOU what the fuck YOUR problem is. Seriously. He had a regime, you had a poorly worded Shitpost.
what did he mean by this?
>>
He was a Maoist. The most fucked-up strategy was the Year Zero Policy, but their politics are actually really interesting compared to other communist countries like Vietnam or the Soviet Union.

>shunned civilization as a creation of the decadent upper class
>appealed to the poor, peasant farmers, made them happy by telling them that they supported the whole system
>cashed in on the sentiments against colonialism, having been subjugated by the French and historically by Vietnam
>called for a revolution of Khmer ethnic peoples while incorporating native beliefs
>native beliefs and superstitions became government policy and shocked many people, because these included things like eating the gallbladder of your enemy and treating your foes as less than animal - making Khmer Rouge probably the cruelest modern rebel groups

When you mix ethnic nationalism with peasant farmers and a racist Maoism, it's easier to do things like forbid people from going to populated areas like Phnom Phen, or to declare war on literacy when everyone thinks people only went to school to learn to subjugate through trickery.

North Korea probably started out similarly, with their emphasis on the purity of their race and culture, but they sort of changed in the Sino-Soviet split.

Most similar thing today is the West Papua movement, which I can see turning out the same way as Cambodia if they ever gain independence.

>non-traditional brand of communism mixed with ethnic ideas
>strong hatred of their colonizers, international mining companies
>emphasis on tribalism and living in the stone-age as seen as a point of pride
>>
the khmer rouge were basically national-primitivists
>>
>>1113742

lol is there such a concept or did you come up with it ? Sums up Polpots regime pretty well.
>>
Everything even remotely bad in history is a consequence of racist white colonialism.
>>
File: polepotsky.png (82 KB, 249x351) Image search: [Google]
polepotsky.png
82 KB, 249x351
He was lying about his race.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.