[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My dad loves his parents and talks fondly of his childhood. He
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1456288268716.png (211 KB, 286x272) Image search: [Google]
1456288268716.png
211 KB, 286x272
My dad loves his parents and talks fondly of his childhood. He mentions casually that his mum and dad would smack him for being bad. But he never ever smacked me, and when I asked him about this discrepancy he says that he never contemplated doing it (though I was a well behaved child).

Has humanity reached peak comfy and we don't need to respond harshly to bad behaviour?
>>
>>1111477
Nah you were just a good kid. I used to get smacked when I ducked up and now I'm a pretty decent person I stay away from idiots and trouble and not a lot of people hate me and I try to be a nice person
>>
>>1111477
Depends where you live m8, some places hitting children is seen as cruel and inhumane, in other places (even in what we think of as the developed world) parents beat their children all the time. My parents had to send a note requesting that the teachers at my school not paddle me (although I don't think it was done at my school anyway).
>>
>tfw other kids would get into trouble at school and their parents would pick them and buy them McDonald's after class
>tfw I got the shit beaten out of my ass for even slight transgressions

Worst feeling is sitting in class for hours dreading having to go home. Non-Asian kids will never know this feel.
>>
>>1111477
>i was treated differently than my father was.
>has all of humanity advanced past treating my dad that way?

???????
I don't understand. Is this just a blogpost thread? Generalizations about an entire generation aren't useful or accurate for any purpose.
>>
>>1111525
bitch please Asian kids aren't the only ones
>>
>>1111477
I mean, I never got the shit beat out of me, but if I did some dumb shit I got swatted or smacked. And I was certainly better behaved than most of the kids I see in restaurants, their parents just let them run around and scream, their only reaction is to act like it's just the cutest thing, "just kids bein kids lol XD".

Don't just beat your kid's ass, but they do need to learn that their are consequences for being a little shit. Better your mom give you a harmless swat on the ass than getting your shit kicked in in an ally because you pissed someone off.
>>
File: housetree.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
housetree.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
>>1111477
smacking kids makes them neurotic, we are decadent and getting too comfy, but not in this particular case
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.