[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was her head really like that? legit question.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: amarnaprincessp.jpg (150 KB, 951x1110) Image search: [Google]
amarnaprincessp.jpg
150 KB, 951x1110
was her head really like that?
legit question.
>>
>>1106186
of course, ancient egyptians had the same shape of head as we do

what's so weird about it?
>>
though it is kind of small, she was powerful so you didn't say anything
>>
File: edit.gif (394 KB, 951x1110) Image search: [Google]
edit.gif
394 KB, 951x1110
>>1106262
if her head rounded like it normally would before that bulge behind her head, it'd look normal, like pic related, if you excuse my poor shooping abilities.

I'd understand if the intuition was that big head = big intelligence. but I'm not sure.

>>1106283
>small
good ruse
>>
>>1106186
Could have been a result of all the inbreeding egyptians were famous for
>>
>>1106328
>if her head rounded like it normally would before that bulge behind her head, it'd look normal, like pic related, if you excuse my poor shooping abilities.
>I'd understand if the intuition was that big head = big intelligence. but I'm not sure.
The pic in OP is literally the most normal skull ever, I don't know what are you talking about.
>>
>>1106186
Maybe, maybe not.

It's not hard to believe with some manipulation, genetic defects, and some diseases at an early age (hydrocephalus, though it usually doesn't look like that later on, I'm just giving an example of diseases that can fuck your head up).
>>
yes, all ancient egyptians were aliens, don't you watch the history channel op?
>>
>>1106336
Or cranial modification, which is a pretty simple and (in the past) common procedure.
>>
>>1106186

Ayy Lmao
>>
>>1106429
Or that.
Always found that interesting, I mean you have to wonder if something like that becomes popular again in the future with all the extreme piercings people have nowadays I wouldn't be surprised if someone forced their kid to have a square head or something like that.
>>
>>1106387
yes.

I once saw Discovery Channel series about dragons and was pretty convinced they existed in fact, as they made no disclaimer.
in fact, that's not a case closed for me, I just find it unlikely.

>>1106429
as in trepanation or did they pull a japanese feet binding in their heads?
>>
>>1106440
>pull a japanese feet binding in their heads

Basically this. There are different techniques for it. Some involved literal binding, but things like headboards were more common.
>>
>>1106343
yes, I thought it could be some reverse zika virus.

>>1106342
lad she looks like alien from the predator movie
>>
>>1106447
eww. so many horrible things done in the past ain't there.
>>
>>1106447
I guess you would wrap the kids head in tight wraps or ropes leaving a hole at the top.
Eventually the skull would start to grow out of the hole as the kid groves you add more ropes to make the skull longer, or maybe they put some kind of cylinder on the kids head
>>
File: memes.jpg (21 KB, 236x298) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
21 KB, 236x298
>>1106328
Ancient Egyptians believed that the heart was the seat of intelligence, though.
>>
>>1106448
>lad she looks like alien from the predator movie
Everybody around looks like that here on Mars.
>>
>>1106520
I am an idiot that thinks that everything we imagine exists somehow, because of how often what we 'imagine' (concepts rearranged) comes to life with surprising fidelity, even to what seemed far fetched

And somewhere there's an alien. If they're on mars......
somebody hold me

and kiss me
>>
>>1106459
In some Amarna-period art the children are wearing weird rope things on their heads that look a little suspicious, but we won't know unless we get our hands in an actual body.

Speaking of which, did that extra chamber of Tut's tomb end up actually belonging to Nefertiti or are they still looking?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.