[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Vikings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 17
File: monks.jpg (46 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
monks.jpg
46 KB, 630x420
Fucking seriously? Monks? Clothed,peaceful,unarmed scholars? The underpinning of the remmnants of civilization,the centers of learning and you fucking illiterate savages just march in and STEAL beautiful works of art that you don't have in your pea brain the ability to appreciate and DESTROY knowledge. It makes me SICK to the stomach to imagine KILLING a peaceful,unarmed man! HOW can you look these men in the eyes,these salt of the earth,learned,clothed men in the eyes and KILL them? How unnatural,how morally perverse,how sick. You guys are fucking sick,psychopaths,savages. It just makes me angry okay?
>>
t. enraged Christian peasant
>>
>>1105088
>vikings
>glorified assholes

Fuck em
>>
Ok
>>
>>1105088
yeah fuck those horny helmeted bastards. dumb idiots worshipping superheroes instead of the one true god
>>
>>1105088
>hurr durr valhalla we go yes rape
>>
Saxons dindu nuffin
>>
well, maybe those peaceful, unarmed scholars should have got themselves some arms and hit back. fucking pussies, they deserved everything they got.
>>
>how can one man be so assravaged
>>
File: emlady.jpg (12 KB, 252x317) Image search: [Google]
emlady.jpg
12 KB, 252x317
>>1105204
>>
>>1105088
commas need spaces too
>>
File: Nordic meme 1.png (205 KB, 694x724) Image search: [Google]
Nordic meme 1.png
205 KB, 694x724
>>1105088
>>
File: 1353616164064.jpg (35 KB, 415x480) Image search: [Google]
1353616164064.jpg
35 KB, 415x480
>you will never sail up the Seine and hold Paris for ransom
>you will never extort so much money from the French that they literally have to stop using metal coinage for like a century
>you will never attack the Byzantines from your homeland on the other side of Europe
>you will never fight scraelings in Canada
>>
>>1105204
>well, maybe those peaceful, unarmed scholars should have got themselves some arms and hit back
In Ireland this happened once or twice, and the monks actually won.

Imagine getting beaten by a bunch of bookworms who live on bread and water lmao
>>
File: Master.gif (1 MB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
Master.gif
1 MB, 245x300
>>1105088
>Monks? Clothed,peaceful,unarmed scholars?

https://youtu.be/tD1QHO_AVZA?t=48m

>HOW can you look these men in the eyes,these salt of the earth,learned,clothed men in the eyes and KILL them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSjd8U3RbzI

>How unnatural,how morally perverse,how sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

>You guys are fucking sick,psychopaths,savages. It just makes me angry okay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt856_nRxQk
>>
File: snowniggers.jpg (316 KB, 1125x1378) Image search: [Google]
snowniggers.jpg
316 KB, 1125x1378
>>1105204
t. Jamal Thorson
>>
>>1105088
Charlemagne started it. When you mess with one Germanic tribe, you mess with the whole trailer park.
>>
>>1107353
Both groups are fukken degenerates
>>
File: Europe.jpg (39 KB, 640x601) Image search: [Google]
Europe.jpg
39 KB, 640x601
>>1107353
Black Americans are the modern conquerors and their deeds will echo through eternity.
>>
File: 1446226888337.jpg (21 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1446226888337.jpg
21 KB, 420x420
>>1108600
This. Chuck was forcing christfaggotry down the throats of people who didn't want it and was having his armies destroy germanic holy sites. You sow the wind and you reap the whirlwind motherfucker.
>>
>>1109295
>>worthless drug dealers and murderers who are the most imprisoned ethnic group in the country
>>their deeds will echo through eternity
I dunno man, being a largely barbaric underclass with no real achievements to your name in the late 20th through early 21st centuries doesn't seem all that echoable to me.
>>
File: monks.jpg (152 KB, 1251x585) Image search: [Google]
monks.jpg
152 KB, 1251x585
>I hate Christians, they single-handedly ended the Roman Empires and it's cultural effervescence and their priests went around Europe burning all the books on Greek knowledge they could find

>I love Vikings, surely they burned a lot of monasteries where ancient knowledge was mysteriously stored, preserved and handed down, but look at how cool they were while doing it

Typical leftist.
>>
>>1109530
Oh please, those monks ruined as much knowledge as they preserved and the main source of the renaissance was actually the flight of byzantine scholars as the turks gradually gobbled up byzantium.
>>
>>1109499
Even as a "barbaric underclass", they already hold a massive stranglehold over the entire culture and politics of the Western world. Black people are literally considered holy and it's only their approval that lends legitimacy to any political, cultural, social and even economical movement, for example. Most white women already have sex only with black men in orgies of ritual humiliation. And that's when they are still a minority in the West. As the population of Africa increases and they migrate, inevitably conquering the entire world because no one will dare resist black Gods, the current "barbaric underclass" will be considered pioneers and their ways will be imitated, just like the Crusaders were admired by European imperialists in the XIXth century, or how Hitler admired both Germanic pagans who conquered Rome and the Teutonic Knights who conquered the Baltic.

Imagine living in a world where the Crips and Bloods are the Greeks and Trojans of the mythology. That's the coming black world our children will experience.
>>
>>1109538
The Renaissance wasn't really that great, on an intellectual level. The painting and architecture was good, but the science and philosophy was just masturbating to ancient Greeks, which is where these fleeing Greek scholars were influential.

Just compare mystical hacks such as Marcilio Ficino, Paracelsus and Pico della Mirandola with Medieval scholars influenced by the Christian tradition of monasticism: Thomas Bradwardine, Jean Buridan, Nichole Oresme, Ramon Llull, Robert Grosseteste, William of Ockham, Roger Bacon etc

These medieval scholars were close to starting a scientific revolution when those refugees from Byzantium appeared and began a whole fad of copying everything the Greeks did. It would take a whole century until things started moving away from Greek bullshit again, with people like Vesalius and Copernicus (who weren't Italian, so they were less exposed to Greek faggotry).

So you underestimate the role of Christian monasticism in European recovery.
>>
>>1107353

does anyone have the Byzantine and Ottoman version of this?
>>
>>1109545
/pol/ please keep your masturbatory fantasies to yourself, nobody else is interested.

>>1109560
That's great and all but this>>1109530
here? The image in this post mentions them preserving ancient greek knowledge and then you say the Italians in the renaissance were too obsessed with greek faggotry and it just doesn't work that well. Furthermore I find it highly doubtful any of those guys you mentioned were actually close to starting any sort of scientific revolution. Such things are not compatible with strict theism.

Finally, if "christendom" didn't want it's holy sites destroyed they shouldn't have been in the business of either converting or destroying other people's sacred places.

Oh yeah, one other thing.

>>So you underestimate the role of Christian monasticism in European recovery.
Europe recovered because they were pushed into discovering the new world by the ottomans locking them out of the traditional trading markets of the time and pushing them into the sea practically. That led to early colonialism and the wealth that europe gained from that fostered further development. With that kinda money scientific development is inevitable.
>>
>>1109545
You're a dumbass.
>>
File: world map.jpg (159 KB, 1200x766) Image search: [Google]
world map.jpg
159 KB, 1200x766
>>1109545
That graph...

Besides the fact that I doubt it will be true there is something else you should see.
>>
>>1107249
>monks were just extremely poor lads living on bread and water lmao
Yeah brah that's why the vikings attacked them, to steal their water lmao
>>
>>1109683
What's that map got to do with anything?
>>
>>1107111
>you will never extort so much money from the French that they literally have to stop using metal coinage for like a century
Wait seriously?
>>
>>1109840
It shows just how big Africa is compared to Europe I assume.
>>
>>1107093
>"The Vikings raped and pillaged the English coast" sounds a lot more fun than:
>"Members Scandinavian yacht club are wanted for questioning in relation to a series of sexual assaults and acts of petty thievery in Wessex"
>>
File: ZWA028A0f.jpg (33 KB, 302x646) Image search: [Google]
ZWA028A0f.jpg
33 KB, 302x646
>>1105088
>this butthurt
>over 800 years later

Wohhh there buddy, apply directly to anus
>>
File: tara.png (15 KB, 311x318) Image search: [Google]
tara.png
15 KB, 311x318
REMINDER
VIKINGS LITERALLY BOTTOM-FEEDER TIER
>>
>>1109986
>still asshurt
Yeah ya know I could bring up all the successful viking attacks, I could mention that they wound up being the byzanting imperial guard for a reason, that even in battles where they lost most of the time they still inflicted heavy casualties on their enemies.

I could.

But no, you're a sad little bitch mad that a bunch of angry norsemen terrorized europe for over a hundred years and that their descendants became kings of england and sicily.
>>
>>1110036
>T-THEY WEREN'T SHIT IN NON-MEMERAID CONFLICTS
>EVEN WHEN THEY LOST BATTLES THEY STILL WEREN'T SHIT

Nigger, one to one a Viking is a pretty formidable dude, but they stop being useful or relevant the second they're pitted against an armed, supplied army.
>>
>>1110056
Like the Battle of Maldon?

Or that time Sweyn Forkbeard invaded England and became king? Or that other time Cnut the Great conquered England?
>>
File: 5035.jpg (633 KB, 1125x1378) Image search: [Google]
5035.jpg
633 KB, 1125x1378
>>1107353

desu this is /his/
>>
>yfw most viking invasions or battles in Anglo-Saxon England involved at most a couple of thousand guys on each side

Blown out of proportion raids desu.
>>
OP, well... at first to your question about how you can kill such peacefull guys. It is actually about the moral they had. For these tough guys from North the monks were just pray, who was slayed without defending itself. At least at Lindisfarne. Vikings did't appreciate their lifestyle and their attitude towards life. They also saw the monks as weak and unmasculine.
But if you say that vikings are just a bunch of savages you, you'll be wrong. the thing is the people of North happened to have an interesting religion and culture, which was very diverse from the one of the christians. You can just google it, watch some documentaries or read historical books, but remember to study good stuff, m8 and (!) never whatch bbc series about germanic tribes.

btw viking isn't a nationality. it means a person who went on a vik, a shipping robery.
>>
>>1107353
Dude... Just think about all the differences about the both people. Main difference: On the first pic the northmen came from afar on their awesome ships minding the dangers of long journey. the niggers came to Europe with the invitations from the leftists junk and live on the walfare of its citizens
>>
>>1110104

>England
>>
>>1111120
Yeah
>>
File: 1455325703661.gif (1 MB, 268x280) Image search: [Google]
1455325703661.gif
1 MB, 268x280
>>1105088
>HOW can you look these men in the eyes,these salt of the earth,learned,clothed men in the eyes and KILL them? How unnatural,how morally perverse,how sick. You guys are fucking

I really am no Viking, I don't understand why you have this agressive vibe towards me, ok?
>>
>>1109598

>Furthermore I find it highly doubtful any of those guys you mentioned were actually close to starting any sort of scientific revolution. Such things are not compatible with strict theism.

You should look into it. You are buying into the memes too much and not looking into the hard history enough. Edward Grant has some good work on the subject. Basically, guys like Copernicus and Galileo were piecing together the fragments they had of 14th century scholastics like Buridan and Oresme and making something new and coherent out of it all. The scientific revolution more than anything was what followed the scholastic revival in the early modern period, when people finally got sick of humanist shit. With the new technological advances and wealth of the period, as you mentioned, and a return to a philosophy with some actual logical rigor to it, the new science was able to be born.

http://mathmutation.blogspot.ca/2016/02/217-oxford-calculators.html
>>
>>1111571

Pierre Duhem is also one of the best on this subject as well.
>>
>>1110143
>yfw most viking invasions or battles in Anglo-Saxon England involved at most a couple of thousand guys on each side
This characterized most of the "dark" ages though. Armies got a LOT smaller for a LONG time.
>>
File: 1457954195312.jpg (21 KB, 291x302) Image search: [Google]
1457954195312.jpg
21 KB, 291x302
>>1109545
>actually taking the time to write and post this

I know the term is abused to hell, but you are quite literally a cuckold.
>>
>>1105088
Obligatory Vargpost. Fuck Christianity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8M9J4szTTY
>>
>>1109847
Seriously.

The Vikings took all their shit in exchange for not burning Paris to the ground.
>>
Who got 11111111 get?
>>
>>1111657
I know they took like 7,000 lbs of silver and gold or some shit but I didn't realize that was ALL the shiny shit
>>
>>1111666
Checked.

Just click this
>111111
>>
>>1111666

>>1111111
>>
>>1107111
>that they literally have to stop using metal coinage for like a century
Source on this?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.