[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was there ever a period in history that was worse off then the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1461998862284.jpg (2 MB, 2029x3000) Image search: [Google]
1461998862284.jpg
2 MB, 2029x3000
Was there ever a period in history that was worse off then the previous one? In terms of everything including daily life, scientific advancement, military.

>inb4 Dark Ages

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>1104420
everything just gets worse over time
>>
The Great Depression
>>
>>1104420
The post boomer US

The Greek Dark Ages, or all Post Bronze Age Collapse civilizations

Whatever happened to the Indus Valley Civilization
>>
Everything after agriculture.
>>
>>1104420
Fall of the Late Bronze Age at around 1250-1150 bc. Especially in Greece. Near East empires all collapsed or were severely weakened.
>>
>>1104451
This.

Adam and Eve is all about how learning how to farm is far less awesome than just lounging around all day, fucking and eating berries.
>>
The world after you were born
>>
I dunno about worse, but theres like a 100 year period in China when shit is just hitting the fan

The Fall of the Qing, Yuan Shikai, The Warlord Era, Chiang Kai Shek, the Sino Japanese War, Mao Tse Tung.

It's just tragedy after tragedy
>>
The world today is statistically the most safe and peaceful ever
>>
The 1700s were, in a way, a worse time than the middle ages.
>>
the time between 400 and 1200
>>
>>1104420
1900s. Literally everything went global and went shit
>>
>>1104420
i remember one of my teachers saying life was better in 1400s sweden than in 1600s sweden
>>
>>1104573
Warring states period. Le Dynasty Warriors era, the Islamic incursions, the Mongol conquest, etc. China's history is filled with tragedies.
>>
Germany after the 30 years' war

The average German was more affluent at the time of Luther than in the age of Goethe (hence Romanticism)
>>
Market crash of 2008
>>
>>1104424
Only in Russia
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.