[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have an actual, meme-free discussion of spooks? No, spooks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1459836229355.png (17 KB, 495x573) Image search: [Google]
1459836229355.png
17 KB, 495x573
Can we have an actual, meme-free discussion of spooks?

No, spooks are not a spook.
>>
File: gurupurnima1.jpg (57 KB, 279x320) Image search: [Google]
gurupurnima1.jpg
57 KB, 279x320
Spooks are just the Buddhist concept of anatta with the Self immunized from the same critique because "Muh feelings"

Its literally just saying "In addition to phenomena, which is real and exists, human beings create a vast web of abstractions and social conventions that are purely imaginary and exist only due to group consensus" or "social constructs" in faggot jargon.

Stirner hit upon this idea, but immunized the self as a creative nothing instead of a collection of aggregates because again, "Muh feelings".
>>
>>1104018
this thread is a spook
>>
Spooks aren't the interesting part, though. The interesting part is the philosophy behind them.
>>
>>1104039
Actually, he didn't immunize the self, the self is automatically excluded from the definition, because an abstraction is not inherently a spook, you fucking retard. You make this argument continually, and it always hinges on you being a worthless, lazy retard who never read the damn book.
>>
>>1104088
>He didn't exclude the self from the concept!
>He just excluded the self from the concept!

Uh-huh.
>>
A spook is an abstraction you attempt to give life to and serve as though it were an entity unto itself. This includes other people as all you ever really know of them is the idea of them, rather than them as an entity (since they are, as individuals unable to actually be known). What people often miss about the spooks concept is that ideas themselves are not bad; it's not wrong to believe in and value love, morals, humanity, etc. you should (assuming you value your own autonomy) just own them and use them towards your benefit. His central point is that concepts themselves are tools, created by men to serve men, not something that created themselves for men to serve.
>>
>>1104039
But that's wrong, anon.

>>1104058
explain?
>>
>>1104107
He didn't exclude the self. Excluding the self would be "but the self doesn't count, because reasons." The very concept is meant to explain shit that we serve ahead of ourselves, but you can't serve yourself ahead of yourself.

Also, can we skip you going into a tangent about how the self doesn't really exist? Because it's always idiotic, and you always get your shit blown out.
>>
>>1104113
Okay first of all, I don't think the self doesn't exist. Second of all, you're clearly mistaking me for someone else. And thirdly of all, it is effectively "the self doesn't count, because reasons"

The concept of a spook, properly defined, is a fixed idea, especially a fixed idea whose interest is put above the interest of the ego. His concept is therefore, literally "Fixed ideas aren't real we just make them real. PLUS egoism"
>>
>>1104136
You're an idiot. The definition never included the self, so it never had to be excluded. How fucking dense are you, you goddamn stupid cunt?

His entire point wasn't "ideas are bad because they're fake." His point was that "if you wish to maintain your personal autonomy, you shouldn't place ideas ahead of yourself."

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT, I HATE SPOOK POSTERS FOR RUINING THIS POINT.
>>
>>1104109
"Spook" is just a fancy term for "abstraction". What's more interesting is how spooks affect the human mind, as well as how the human mind itself works. Stirner's philosophy can't just be summed up by the concept of a spook, and spooks were not the only thing he talked about.
>>
>>1104147
>"Spook" is just a fancy term for "abstraction".

No, it isn't. The reason he calls them spooks is to suggest that they've been given a false life by attempting to serve them ahead of one's self.
>>
File: 1410878249030.png (89 KB, 1027x402) Image search: [Google]
1410878249030.png
89 KB, 1027x402
>>
>>1104146
hate is a spook
>>
>>1104161
That gave me a solid kek for the duration of about 750 milliseconds.
>>
>>1104147
Stirner's a spook.
>>
EVERYTHING I DON'T LIKE IS A SPOOK
>>
>>1104147
like the other anon said, it's not just "abstraction", though no spook isn't abstract.
>>
>>1104179
>>1104301
plz stop.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.