[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
World War one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (99 KB, 2000x1100) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
99 KB, 2000x1100
What would be the effects on the 20th century be if the Central Powers won the first world war and would the they be able too stay together and maybe form a long standing union and how would the world generally be? Any opinions should be backed by reasoning or some kind of proof
>>
>>1103087
That really depends at what point did the central powers won? Did the germans successfully invade belgium, knocking out france and then turned around and knocked russia out? Did the german plan of sinking enough cargo to make the british surrender worked and the triple entente surrendered? Did arabs rebel against the ottoman rule? All of these answers would lead to different outcomes.
>>
I really can't see how Austria-Hungary and the Ottomans could have lasted much longer. Germany would be sinking a shitton of cash into trying to keep them together.
>>
>>1103087

In reality it would have been better for everyone including the allies. Germany wouldn't have gone batshit under Hitler.
>>
File: 78700204.jpg (47 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
78700204.jpg
47 KB, 499x499
>tfw 2 great-great-grandfathers were officers in the austrio-hungarian army
>>
>>1103348
post iq
>>
>>1103087
It's frankly hard to imagine how this scenario could possibly have worse results than the aftermath of Allied victory in WWI, the years leading up to WWII, and the instability that followed both for decades.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.