[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there really any substantial justification against suicide?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
Is there really any substantial justification against suicide? What if we just went around labeling all women seeking an abortion mentally ill and discouraging them from having one? If someone wants to kill themselves there is basically null justification for anyone else to get involved or interfere with that decision. Maybe the one exception is if the person aiming to commit suicide has dependents but otherwise there is no cause for anyone to stop someone from killing themselves. In fact its morally egregious to do so, especially when it means resuscitating someone to the state of a vegetable or invalid.
>>
>>1102927
>substantial justification
The government declares them mentally ill to get involved.
>women wanting abortions
Are trying to commit murder.
>should anyone stop a suicide
No
>>
>>1102927
Committing suicide in a war to kill enemy forces when you have no escape, and know capture is going to be WWII Japs tier is just.
>>
>>1102940
personally I don't subscribe to the justifications for abortion based on a women's right to do what she wants with her body but you can't just arbitrarily draw the "muh body" argument line when suicide enters into the picture. There is probably a lot more justification to commit suicide than to enact a late term abortion.
>>
>>1102963
What? Abortion is killing another human, suicide is offing yourself.
>>
>>1103107
Well I am a bit of an edgelord in that I've bought into the antinatalism meme and so long as abortion incidentally prevents consciousness where it would otherwise exist I wont object to it.
>>
>>1103150
Wew lad

At least you admit you're an edgelord. I guess there's no point in making fun of you for it.
>>
>>1103336
a bit of defensive self-effacement. There is really nothing to say for breeders other than they are deeply delusional.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.