[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
isnt magic and occultism a basic part of european history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: dee.gif (34 KB, 279x374) Image search: [Google]
dee.gif
34 KB, 279x374
isnt magic and occultism a basic part of european history?
>>
>>1102235
>isnt magic and occultism a basic part of european history?
depends on the era and location but resoundingly yes.
>>
Yes, but then again so is shitting and assfucking
>>
>>1102251

but shitting and asssfucking didnt determin peoples worldviews as much as astrology or alchemy
>>
>>1102235
Isn't it a basic part of most of the world, just that we turned out being more autistic about it due to Christianity?
>>
>>1102235
-10 pts grammar.
Aren't they (not isn't).
Of course they are. What is your point?
(Or are you just trolling?)
>>
>>1102235

To be fair, astrologists and alchemists turned into astronomers and chemists.

I believe many chemical findings were discovered by alchemists trying to turn shit into gold, but they found other useful stuff instead.
>>
>>1102235
it's a basic part of human history, from animism to shamanism all the way up to the Rig Veda, the Kabbalah, Hermeticism, etc.
>>
Yes. Magic, occultism and general esotericism was prominent in the West until the 17th century, and even afterwards there were groups like the Rosicrucians who had big impacts on culture.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.