[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any other historical examples of rival countries becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: Flag-Pins-France-Germany.jpg (61 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
Flag-Pins-France-Germany.jpg
61 KB, 400x320
Are there any other historical examples of rival countries becoming best friends?
>>
US/UK
>>
Sweden/Denmark
>>
France/UK
>>
Israel/Palestine
>>
>>1101592
kek
>>
I'd say France and England
>>
>>1101570
when the hell did that ever happen
>>
Castilla and Aragón.
>>
Poland/Poland
>>
Germany/Austria
>>
US/Mexico
>>
England and Scotland
England and Ireland
England and America
England and France
England and Russia
England and Japan
England and China
England and India
England and England
You and me
>>
>>1102592
Rivalry part or best friends part?
>>
>>1101523
Kissinger and Zhou Enlai turning America and China into friends. An amazing diplomatic masterstroke.
>>
>>1102699
>its eternal anglos shenanigans episode
>>
>>1102699
I still hate you
>>
US and Canada
Japan and US
Russia and Armenia
Russia and Mongolia
>>
>>1103030

The Russia and Mongolia one is really one of the most historically unlikely alliances ever. Yet they are still best bros even after the fall of Soviet Union.
>>
Vietnam and USA are pretty much geo-strategic allies at this point, since they both want to curb China.
>>
Japan/US
>>
>>1101523
Japan/US
Vietnam/US
UK/US
UK/France
Sweden/All Nordics
Japan/Korea
>>
>>1102699

E T E R N A L
>>
Mongolia and Russia
>>
>>1103381
S H I T P O S T E R
>>
>>1102699
I agree except the Ireland part and Japan

pretty sure Ireland is still salty and Japan was the reverse, originally bros but became enemies in WWII (then were bros again).
>>
>>1103070
>>1103058
neither alliances are unlikely when you add China to the mix
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.