[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
Wikipedia is very informative

Seriously though how is there no reliable consensus for battles this big

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Chaldiran
>>
File: 1461763363373.jpg (2 MB, 2800x2067) Image search: [Google]
1461763363373.jpg
2 MB, 2800x2067
Because there was no reliable census, there can be no reliable consensus.

Even back in the 50s my grandfather was able to lie his age to get the Korean war. Bureaucracy and people charged with counting big numbers sucked donkey dick until very recently in history.

Even today we have trouble knowing precisely how much traffic there is on the road, even with cameras everywhere. Why would someone in 1514 be able to look at a maelstrom of murder and know how many bodies there were?

Pic related. How many people live on this street?
>>
>>1100511
I like the idea of one or both sides employing people to go around and count how many dead bodies or lost equipment there was after a battle. That seems pretty comical to me. It's like they sent in the army, so now it's time to send in the bureaucrats.
>>
File: img.png (39 KB, 299x626) Image search: [Google]
img.png
39 KB, 299x626
Turkish sources would be the best one.
>>
>>1100527
Easy.
>>
>>1100527
Can't one side tell by the fact they won't have to pay 'x' amount of soldiers anymore for being dead and whatnot? Also for counting their enemy bodies to estimate how much remaining soldiers they could have or how well they kicked ass? I'm sure with having an Army of thousands of soldiers, you could always order a small team of servants out of the thousands of servants following them to go out and count the bodies, or make the locals do it. I doubt war back then was always like some video game where people didn't care about the corpses of both sides laying around on a battlefield and forgot about them.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.