[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck was his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 19
File: JimmyCarterPortrait2.jpg (2 MB, 1650x2027) Image search: [Google]
JimmyCarterPortrait2.jpg
2 MB, 1650x2027
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
leave him alone

he tried his best
>>
>>1100283
>"Wow, some crazy troll broke everything and left everyone feeling like shit. Guess I'll try and fix it! Oh shit I made everything worse!"
>>
>>1100441
Not OP obviously but Carter was horrible.

>Castro opens up jails and releases hordes of actual rapists, murderers and thieves to the US
>Cuckter goes full #refugeeswelcome
>in half a year the crime in southern Florida skyrockets to third world levels

He was literally retarded (inb4 muh STEM). I'm not even getting to the entire Iran fuckup, unemployment, deficit spending and stagflation. He's the worst US president in the 20th century at least.
>>
>>1100452
This thread isn't about Reagan anon
>>
>>1100458

Sick burn.
>>
>>1100458
Reagan had nothing to do with the Cuban fuckup, that was all Carter. He was also weak and pretty much the epitome of a beta.

Just like Obama right now bends over backwards to Iran and Cuba and the leftist press calls him a "negotiator", in reality the foreign politicians consider him a bitch, which he is. And nobody was a bigger bitch than Carter.
>>
>>1100283
People tend to overlook his good stuff, especially foreign policy

>not in favour of helsinki accords during ford's presidency
>sets a precedent for using helsinki human rights to batter the soviets and destroy their prestige
>>
>>1100468
Obama's legacy entirely rests on who gets elected in November

Trump - Obama's entirely legacy is torn to shreds and he becomes black Carter
Hillary - Hailed as one of the best Presidents ever and any shortcomings (AND THERE ARE A LOT OF SHORTCOMINGS) get shifted onto Hillary
>>
>>1100489
Which of course heavily implies trump won't be an even worse president or let his democrat side kick in, for both which there is a chance tohappen.
>>
>>1100489
Do people still legitimately believe that Trump is going to win?
>>
>>1100509

Some people were stupid enough to believe Trump had a chance at the nomination, so who knows right?
>>
File: bc9.jpg (131 KB, 1555x737) Image search: [Google]
bc9.jpg
131 KB, 1555x737
>>1100509
>>
>>1100503
>Which of course heavily implies trump won't be an even worse president
It's possible
> or let his democrat side kick in,
Who?

>>1100509
Is that a quote from an article in Q3 2015 about the Republican Primary or are you asking that about the General election?
>>
>>1100509
This is pretty /pol/ but yes, he is absolutely going to win. The Democrats chose a fuck up as their candidate who is going to be recommended for indictment and/or exposed for corruption via the emails in about two months from now.

As for Jimmy Carter, he was a lousy President but at least he had the right idea on Israel later on.
>>
>>1100518
>Who?
Donald "used to be a registered democrat" Trump
>>
File: 334712837123.jpg (67 KB, 323x315) Image search: [Google]
334712837123.jpg
67 KB, 323x315
>>1100550

>falling for identity politics meme
>>
>>1100550
Oh right I'm retarded, thought you meant his democrat sidekick, not his democrat side

Trump is already moving to the centre. You better bet your ass that come November Trump will in fact be left of Hillary on a lot of issues and be amibgiously similar on other issues and only remain right of Hillary on certain issues.

Conservatism is dead, long live Nationalism
>>
>>1100283
google georgia mafia, he filled his staff with good ol' boys from his state and the Northern Democratic establishment got butthurt and sabotaged him every step of the way. You know you're hated by your own party when a Kennedy tries to run an insurgent campaign against you during a reelection year. He was also over his head and generally looked down upon by Washington Insiders as incompetent.
>>
>>1100550
Trump can be a democrat all he wants about many issues, the point is he can't afford to be a cuck.
>>
>>1100452
>deficit spending
Currency issuers don't have to pay their debts.
>>
>>1100509
If Truman could pull off a win, then Trump can pull off a win.
>>
>>1100283
Leave Jimmy alone. He's been doing lots of good shit post-presidency.
>>
bad bitches
>>
>>1100522
Half of his own party doesn't even want him. Just wait until #firstwomanpresident brings the retards to the polls.
>>
>>1100468
>the leftist press
Welp there goes your credibility
>>
>>1100489

If Trump gets elected Obama will be hailed as the second coming of FDR and bringing about a "golden era" of presperity.

If Hilary gets elected Obama will be remembered as a mediocre president, but a far cry from Hilary's bloodlust.
>>
>>1100509
Only Trumpeters think so.

>B-but he won the GOP primary
His competition was 1,000 idiots fighting each other. He could get away with the stupid stuff he said because enough GOP voters wanted to hear it.

But general election voters think it's horrible what he said about Mexico "sending rapists," plus all the other stuff.

And he's up against a candidate who seems less crazy compared to him.

His general election fight will be much tougher than the primary.
>>
File: The-Panama-Canal.jpg (929 KB, 929x1055) Image search: [Google]
The-Panama-Canal.jpg
929 KB, 929x1055
>>1100452
>I'm not even getting to the entire Iran fuckup, unemployment, deficit spending and stagflation. He's the worst US president in the 20th century at least.

Don't forget giving away the fucking Panama Canal...
>>
>>1106573
Some opinion polls gave Bernie winning by a 15% margin over Trump despite the fact that Bernie lost his own primaries, that's how much most Americans hate Trump.
>>
File: AZFmKjG.jpg (51 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
AZFmKjG.jpg
51 KB, 1000x562
>>1107746
And funny thing is, he's apparently winning in current polls against Hillary.

People may hate Trump, but apparently they hate Hillary more.
>>
>>1107753
Why did the two most obnoxious candidates win the primaries? Were the voters TRYING to piss off the entire nation?
>>
>>1107759
Why contain it.
>>
Jimmie Jalah the Jumping Juniper
>>
>>1107759
BECAUSE WE'RE GOING TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>1107759
Trump voter here.

I only did it for the lulz, fuck this country.
>>
>>1100473
I feel that nuking the US-China friendship Nixon started by condemning the Chinese invasion of Vietnam kind of outweighs it. They were even willing to drop the Taiwan issue.

He stuck with his values when he shouldn't have and then tried to turn to realpolitik too late.
>>
>>1100550
this election is going to be nationalist vs globalist, not republican vs democrat.
Trump is more liberal on some issues than Hillary and she's more conservative on others than him
>>
>>1107759

Because America has become a reality TV shitshow parody of itself.
>>
>>1100468
>just like Obama right now bends over backwards to Iran and Cuba
Oh fuck off, the embargo on Cuba literally only hurt the people of Cuba, do you think any of the Castros give a single shit when they can literally do whatever they want all the time because they're basically infinitely wealthy?
And the hypocrisy of the United States when we place trade sanctions on Iran but not Saudi Arabia is fucking astounding, there is literally no difference between the two countries except for the fact that Iran overthrew a dictator we liked.
>>
>>1107759
>trump
>more obnoxious than Cruz
Cruz was a fucking stick, I can imagine him getting bullied and telling them that they'll regret it one day
>>
>>1107807
>the embargo on Cuba literally only hurt the people of Cuba
Yeah, dipshit, that's the entire point of an embargo. If the people don't like the results of an embargo then they need to take the reins and change it. It's called motivation.
>>
>>1107807
Iran has fucked with us more directly than Saudi Arabia.

If they did like the house of Saud and hid that shit through opaque financing, and bought off congress with something like CAIR, they'd be fine.
>>
>>1100489
>Obama's legacy entirely rests on who gets elected in November
>Trump - Obama's entirely legacy is torn to shreds and he becomes black Carter
This implies Democrats won't pretend that whatever crisis he leaves behind for Trump is Trump's fault, a la >>1100458
>>
>>1107831
Man that motivation sure is working, though. What, it's been 56 years? Dammit Obama, we were so close to a new Cuban revolution!
>>
>>1107832
>Iran has fucked with us more directly than Saudi Arabia.
>the people who organized 9/11
>>
>>1107807
Iran's been pretty actively malicious. There's other motives driving our sanctions against them (notably Israel and the Saudis disliking them), but it's not like their blameless.

That being said, it is looking like the recent move to lighten sanctions on the Iranians is a ploy to slowly switch sides in the Saudi-Iranian rivalry given how bad the Saudis have been recently.
>>
>>1107832
You know I think if we just did a complete nonintervention policy in the Middle East then we wouldn't have anymore problems.

As long as they keep selling us their oil it's whatever
>>
>>1107844
Why can't we accept that neither side will like us and just buy oil from the region and stop giving Israel money
>>
>>1107846
>>1107848
The funny part is that Obama feels exactly this way.

Apparently he believes that Middle Eastern oil is becoming irrelevant as other producers step up, and the only real strategic interest the US has in the region is terrorism.

That's why he did the Iran nuclear deal over the enormous objections of Saudi Arabia and Israel, he considers them both freeloaders.
>>
>>1107848
That seems like the trend nowadays. You can see the Saudis are desperately trying to hold onto their influence by flooding the markets with oil to try to kill off competition, and they've even gone as far as threatening to try to wreck the US economy if we release those papers about 9/11.

The Saudis seem really scared, and they should be - the only reason anyone tolerates their absurdity is because they've got so much oil.
>>
>>1107852
Hard to say this, but fuckin Based Obama.
>>1107864
>try to wreck the US economy
LAWL
>>
>>1107837
Yeah, that's the point, ***DIPSHIT***.

You punish **shit people** who's government is diametrically opposed to yours with an embargo. It's an economic attack, only ***human garbage*** would suffer under it. Only ***human garbage*** deserves to suffer under it.
>>
>>1107879
Well it was ineffective.

I don't see why you're being so condescending considering that you're mentally retarded. Could you see the sarcasm in my post? Do you have autism?
>>
>>1107878
They're threatening to do something like sell off all their US bonds or something like that. From what I understand it could work, but it seems to be pretty much economic MAD - they're just as fucked, if not moreso if they do that.
>>
>>1107885
>it was ineffective
Then the Cuban people deserved being cut off, and it was a wise decision to do so. They still deserve it, we just have a comrade in office right now.
>>
>>1107893
Don't they understand that if it comes out that they were involved with 9/11 the US citizens themselves will boycott them?
I mean, if I lived in 'murrica I'd stop buying oil
>>
>>1107893
>sell off all their US bonds
People buy US bonds for stability. lel, let the Saudi's sell.
>>
>>1107902
>Don't they understand that if it comes out that they were involved with 9/11 the US citizens themselves will boycott them?
Which is why they're so scared about it. The backlash for those papers being released could be anything from major political and economic sanctions to a full-on blood-for-the-blood-god rampage we haven't seen since 2001.

>>1107904
Not necessarily bonds, just some kind of arbitrary economic thing that countries buy. Forget the actual term for what the Saudis were threatening with.
>>
File: us_brewery_count.jpg (85 KB, 600x509) Image search: [Google]
us_brewery_count.jpg
85 KB, 600x509
>>1107734

Though I will add, Carter created the micro-brewery/brew-pub/home brewing industry in the U.S.
>>
>>1107912
The Saudis were threatening to sell off US assets.

Let them, some chinks can buy them all up and the Saudis can go eat shit in the desert.
>>
>ctrl-f
>algae, algal biofuels
>Not Found
>>
>>1107902
>>1107904
>>1107912
>>1107926
Fuck Saudi Arabia.
Has anyone ever seen the chart comparing Saudi laws to ISIS laws?
Saudi Arabia is marginally better in one law and that's about it.
>>1107928
tell us about it anon, tell us about the algae
>>
>>1107932
I can't tell you about the algae, they were all destroyed as one of the first acts of Reagan's presidency.

This teaches us that sweater vests and algae do not mix with white people.
>>
>>1107928
Nobody will care until it's cheaper than fossil fuels.

The only reason ethanol is relevant is because our system gives shit tier corn states more senators, electoral delegates and representatives than they deserve, and they use that influence to jew money out of everyone else.
>>
>>1107942
Algae did not produce Ethanol. They produced oil that could then be reprocessed.

No one will ever fund something that doesn't already exist.

Wait. Sci-Hub exists now. I CAN READ ABOUT ALGAE BIOFUEL FOR FREE NOW YAAAAAAAAY! Goodbye everyone, someone fill-in for me as algal biofyels anon at our monthly Carter threads while I'm away.
>>
I think people are overly critical of Jimmy Carter, but one thing he did I do not particularly like is how he fucked over nuclear power.
>>
>>1107759
I really wish Bush III didn't puss out so early.
>>
>>1107932
>Fuck Saudi Arabia.
This, we've got a bitch for a president.
>Saudi Arabia openly threatening the US
>Russian jets strafing our Navy
>N. Korea/Iran blackmailing the US with nukes
>open boarder, Mexicans come and go as they please
>>
>>1107832
Let's be honest here, Iran is better than Saudi Arabia. At least they have elections**
>>
>>1107973
I think it's a mistake to view either one as """good"""

Both of these are evildoers.

I mean, Shia evildoing is more of a concentrated dose in the relatively small area were Shia Muslims are, relative to Sunni evildoing, which is everywhere, because Sunnis are everywhere.

Still, dicks all around.
>>
>>1107955
I feel like he wasn't especially malicious, just naively optimistic. Just look at his foreign policy - he very seriously did try to make America a morally good power, withdrawing support from at least a couple countries over human rights issues and trying to cut down on the arms sales.
>>
>>1107988
Oh god no, neither one are "good," Iran is just "better" or has more potential to be than the Saudis. At least in the Iranian political system, there is a potential for moderates to come to power and un-durka their country, Saudi Arabia is litterally just the property of the Saud family.
>>
>>1107993
I don't think there are many presidents that are especially malicious. But Nixon made it possible for what are now the 1st, 2nd and 3rd largest economies in the world to be close allies, and Carter fucked it up because of muh morals, and I think that was a huge loss.
>>
>>1107996
I dunno.

Do you take a country with okay people and a shitty government, or a country with an okay (I'm stretching a bit here) government and shitty people.

Because with Iran, if they decided to hold free and fair elections, restore freedom of religion, and phase out the sectarian elements of their foreign policy, they could probably do that. There'd be some significant political disruption, probably on par with a country snapping out of communism, but the people wouldn't stop it.

If Saudi Arabia did these things, I have no doubt they'd descend into civil war.

All of the real political power is in the royal family, and the royal family is heavily islamized. The government can't stop these people from funding groups like IS or Al Qaeda, because doing so would start an all-out war between the moderate and fundamentalist factions of the royal family, and tear the country apart.

For all Saudi Arabia is a shithole, I can see why this is the case. Look at countries like Nigeria that came into similar amounts of oil wealth when they were in he decolonization period.

At least they haven't descended into civil war like Nigeria or become a pariah state like Iran.
>>
>>1100283
Iranians
>>
>>1100283
>What the fuck was his problem?
He was a good and thoughtful person. That what was his problem.
>>
>>1100522
No. Mitt Romney over performed his national numbers in florida with 40% of the state's hispanic vote and still lost it. Trump will be lucky to get even 20% so there goes Florida. There are a slew of states that Obama won in 08 and lost in 12 and Hillary is going to play offense in all of them. Trump is down among women by 20%, and only up among white men by a few points. He is down double digits in every minority group imaginable. There's no conceivable path to 270 electoral votes.
>>
File: GET.jpg (156 KB, 500x582) Image search: [Google]
GET.jpg
156 KB, 500x582
>>1108123
>INCREASINGLY NERVOUS
Soon, Paco.
>>
>>1108123
He's betting on the hate that the legals have for the illegals.
Also, if Hillary gets hit with an indictment it's not even going to be a contest
>>
File: 2016-05-08_22-16-44.png (47 KB, 865x331) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-08_22-16-44.png
47 KB, 865x331
>>1107753
>And funny thing is, he's apparently winning in current polls against Hillary.
The only poll that says Trump beats Hillary is the Rasmussen, which is known to be greatly conservative biased.
>Also, if Hillary gets hit with an indictment it's not even going to be a contest
What exactly happens if Hillary drops out during the general? Wouldn't she get replaced by a more likable democrat or do they just hand the presidency over to Trump?
>>
>>1108156
second part of the post is meant towards >>1108138
>>
>>1100283

He was a decent, moral and honest (as honest as a politician can be) president of a country that neither wanted nor deserved a leader of such standing.
>>
>>1100452
>He's the worst US president in the 20th century at least.
give me a break
>>
>>1100458
oooh fucking rekt
>>
>>1100452
>he was literally retarded
Stopped reading there
>>
>>1100452
Yet he has by far one of the best post-presidential careers in this country's history.
>>
>>1100452
>it's an anon pretends Carter was worse than nearly every republican president of the 20th century combined besides Teddy and Ike episode
>>
>>1100468
Stopped at beta. Go shitpost trumpies tard
>>
>>1108285
>TRIGGERED
>>
>>1100283
He was a good man. Unfortunately you can't be a good president if you are a good man. Ended up having the best post-presidency career though.
>>
Stagflation was inherited from Nixon and Ford. Fiat currency, oil crisis, and the vietnam war debt. Carter's economic policy eventually did fix things. When Reagan hired them on.

Carter deregulated the domestic price of oil. Drilling and pumping of american oil skyrocketed and lots of people got incredibly wealth from this, in the 80s. Unfortunately during Carter's administration, speculators caused an other oil crisis. there was actually plenty of oil supply though.

carter did the best he could during the iran crisis, with out launching an invasion or illegal backroom deals like reagan. he sent a military rescue mission for the hostage. the marines screwed it up by demanding to be part of it. their pilots couldn't mid air refuel. So they had to land and refuel in Iran. Which caused them to crash in brown out conditions, scrubbing the mission. Carter didn't want to send a man dying of cancer, the shah, to Iran to get executed.

His Crisis of Confidence speech. carter said things were going to get bad. that there was not immediate easy solution. That we would have to work hard for a solution down the road. that we needed to find more American sources of energy. Though it only gets remembered by idiots, for carter telling americans to put on a sweater and during down the heat.

three mile island - practically a non event. if it was a military reactor or a commie reactor. It would have been forgot about. Carter, nominally a nuclear engineer, calls a moratorium on new nuclear power plants. I blame the Navy training and politics for making overly cautious. he should have called it a teachable moment, remedied any damages to citizens in the area. then pushed for more and safer nuclear power.
>>
>>1107734
>Don't forget giving the people of Panama that piece of land we just stole from them
Yanqui putos fuera desu
>>
>>1100555
Whenever politics comes up on here it seems that's all this board is, libcuck and nazi are thrown around like monkeys flinging shit. The fucks using 'cuck' and/or 'beta' are the worst, and I'm right wing. Fucking idiots calling Bernie a socialist. Thread about carter unravels into pol shit about trump and hillary. Weak sauce. Make history and humanities great again.
>>
File: 1382464708832.png (327 KB, 495x498) Image search: [Google]
1382464708832.png
327 KB, 495x498
>>1108315
>Fucking idiots calling Bernie a socialist.
>>
>>1108297
Hahaha. Cuck, triggered, and beta. Catchwords for idiots who have no ability to discuss politics
>>
>>1108324
Does he want to nationalize major industries or did I miss something?

No you're just a tard
>>
>>1108326
>HAHAHA (shitpost)
>>
>>1108331
Fight fire with fire son
>>
>>1108328
>Does he want to nationalize major industries
What, like healthcare or something?
>>
>>1108331
Do you intend to contribute anything to the discussion other than thought terminating cliches?
>>
>>1108328

To be fair by American standards Bernie fits the archetype of a socialist. But of course in this country anyone who has remotely any left-leaning views is immediately a socialist.
>>
>>1108341
>>HAHAHA (shitpost)
>>
>>1108328
>>1108343
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=bernie+sanders+calls+himself+a+socialist
>>
>>1108343
True. I meant to say communist really. But either way he's niether. He's just a far left nut on the American spectrum
>>
>>1108350
Fine. He's called a communist on this board more often anyway. And his platform isn't socialist, healthcare does not equal socialist. Nationalizing major industries is. Not just one, one which more and more people consider a human right. Are we socialist because everyone has a right to k12 education?
>>
File: hurr durr derp derp.gif (1020 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
hurr durr derp derp.gif
1020 KB, 500x269
>>1108350
>sanders literally calls himself a socialist
>NUH UH I SAY HE NOT
>>
Bernie is either a liar or a fool.

His favorite countries, Denmark and Sweden, have greater economic freedom than the states, and despite /pol/ memes, more white. They are also more pro gun than Sanders is.

Sanders is just a an old Tax And Spend Bleeding Heart Democrat. That got away being an independent because Vermont.
>>
>>1108367
For fucks sakes he's not advocating a socialist platform. Read the posts first. He's a far left nut on the American spectrum. No real socialist, as in a Marxist, would consider him one of their own. Pol regularly calls him a communist cuck beta. It's just childish and inaccurate.
>>
>>1108378
>HURR DURR DERP DERP
>>
>>1108371
This. He's not a communist. He's an old hippie who probably doesn't know where he is on any given day. He's an idealist, not a political zealot
>>
>>1108380
Oooooh good one
>>
>>1108384
>Oooooh good one (SHITPOST)
>>
>>1108390
Uhhh again fight fire with fire.... Jesus you really are top grade pol
>>
>>1108394
>>>HAHAHA (SHITPOST)
>>
>>1100283
>Some of Carter's bad points

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Eagle_Claw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_invasion_of_East_Timor#US_involvement

and issuing the Draft Registration.

I am not a huge fan of Carter Administration but he does have some good sides and I cannot harp on how pussy footed he was all of the time.

>The Good side of Carter

Carter deregulated Oil, Trucking, Airlines, Railroads, and Beer.

He made gains with FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act)

He was a shit with foreign policy. His tight regulator banker appointee with Paul Volker and his economic policies which threw the economy into a huge market correction, which in all honesty probably cost him his reelection.

His best years were definitely better after his presidency.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 960x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 960x567
>>1107912
I wouldn't mind taking the skull of a Saudi prince and using it as a goblet
>>
>>1108308
>carter telling americans to put on a sweater and during down the heat.
honestly if Americans would do this we could save a lot on energy, Americans tend to use their AC units way more than Europeans do
>>
>>1108371
Didn't the UN come out with a report that said Sweden will be a third world country by 2030?
>>
>>1108339
Is the conservative party in UK liberal since they like their nationalized health care you fucking mongoloid?
>>
>>1108413
That's the problem. He was a micromanager. It's not like that's a bad idea, but he was president of the most powerful country on earth. The imagine of him putting a sweater on is what pol cuck betas go nuts about. Because it is small thinking for a leader of the most powerful country on earth
>>
>>1108417
Don't give that pol cuck beta faggot attention. Let him spout the same couple favorite words over as nasuem. Oh I forgot degeneracy.
>>
>>1108417
>moving the goalposts
Wew. I should've known, I guess.
>>
>>1108427
>>1108435
>pol cuck betas
>POL KEK BETAS
>triggered
>TRIGGERED
>>
>>1108437
Ya should've known my pal that I'm a professional referee and I no how to move them goalposts real well :^)
>>
>>1108437
A socialist wants to nationalize all industries. Healthcare is becoming seen as a human right in first world countries.
>>
File: 1461718625599.gif (131 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1461718625599.gif
131 KB, 200x200
>>1108444
Trips confirm professional goalpost mover.
>>
>>1108449
No, enjoy my last reply though.
>>
>>1108443
I forgot triggered too... Ok 4 favorite words
>>
>>1108456
>>>>H A H A H A ( S H I T P O S T )
>>
>>1108156
Either Bernie wins by default(which is somewhat likely) or apparently Democrats have been pampering a Biden candidacy if Hillary gets indicted by some sources in DC
>>
File: 1383617160322.gif (2 MB, 282x257) Image search: [Google]
1383617160322.gif
2 MB, 282x257
>>1108497
>Biden vs. Trump

I want this.
>>
>>1100509
You are ridiculously underestimating the anti-establishment sentiment shared throughout the country right now and how much Trump is connecting to that.
He's also about to come across as a lot more liberal now that he's secured the nomination.

Hilary is just an unlikable politician and Trump has an endless supply of ammo to bring her down.

The only way I can see Trump losing is the slim chance of establishment Republicans throwing a wave of support over to Gary Johnson as a last conservative chance and get him into the debates against Trump and Hilary seeing how he's on the ballot for the Libertarian party in almost all 50 states.
It would be a complete Perot effect.
>>
>>1108314
>implying the Panamanians could have EVER made the canal themselves.

They are literally mexico tier. Also, a canal is not a piece of land seeing as how it is a type of waterway.
>>
>>1108275
>it's an anon pretends to go full retard with terrible bait but fails abysmally making people think that he is actually genuinely retarded episode
>>
>>1108413
my heat is 68 F in the winter and my AC is set to 82 in the summer. I try to go as long as possible with out heat or air on during spring and fall.
>>
>>1108568
whoa. meta
>>
>>1106548
>implying the leftists press doesn't openly admit they are leftist

http://www.wsj.com/articles/cnn-enjoys-outsize-ratings-boost-from-presidential-race-1462126349
>>
>>1107807
>there is literally no difference between the two countries except for the fact that Iran stormed our embassy and kidnapped hundreds of our country men and in the proceeding decades proceeded to carry out dozens of terrorist attacks against us
>>
>>1100473
>giving the starving soviet union free grain to prevent them from collapsing is good foreign policy

Are you for real?
>>
>>1108522
>implying Trump is likeable

Hillary is shit, but most are going full "anyone bit Trump" this season.

Expect the Trump University suit to go to court around September, expect Clinton's email shit to go away at the same time.

Clinton has her fingers in both pots, media and politicians. Trump can only stir up media.

A few debates where he is actually pressed yo answer something and he's through.

November's going to be raining with right wing tears, I'm afraid.
>>
>>1100522
>but at least he had the right idea on Israel later on.

Until he completely backtracked on everything he said when they threatened to pull funding from his organization. OP is right, Carter is a total cuck.
>>
>>1108592
Nah.
>>
>>1108592
It's pretty sad as well. The only candidate in history who is more unfavorable than Hillary is fucking Trump. Imagine if Trump never ran for the nomination. The Republicans could have put up any favorable conservative that wasn't a religious nut or Jeb Bush and they would win the election easily.
>>
>>1107807
>the embargo on Cuba literally only hurt the people of Cuba

Stop pretending we give a fuck or should give a fuck about the people of Cuba.
>>
File: this is you.jpg (666 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
this is you.jpg
666 KB, 1280x1024
>>1108315
>Fucking idiots calling Bernie a socialist.

He literally labels himself a socialist

>>1108361
>Fine. He's called a communist on this board more often anyway.

Nice backtracking and moving the goal post retard.

>healthcare does not equal socialist

Now you just went full retard

>Nationalizing major industries is. Not just one, one which more and more people consider a human right.

It's astounding how you can go on so much without realizing that you are completely clueless. Bravo.
>>
>>1108285
Beta spotted
>>
>>1108615
>Beta
Stopped reading there
>>
>>1108616
Beta.
>>
>>1108617
>Beta
Stopped reading there
>>
>>1108604
I'm legitimately shocked Rubio didn't do better. I actually think the spoiler is Bernie Sanders. He got the left all riled up about populism, which riled up the rights version of populism, and they hyped up Trump when a year ago Rubio just had to show up.

If it was Rubio v Clinton, we'd be looking at our first Hispanic president.

Too bad he was a robotic goon that couldn't make a queef from the prom queen sound interesting.
>>
>>1108604
>implying being devout is a negative in American politics

Even the liberals pretend to be hardcore on their faith despite all their policies openly opposing all organized religion that is not Islam or climate change.
>>
File: beta.png (5 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
beta.png
5 KB, 300x300
>>1108619
>>
>>1108623
I'd argue most liberals, at least most left leaning "Deb and Kevin down the block" white bread suburban families, still include people of a religious faith that just want to keep religion and politics seperate, as was the intention of most of the Founding Fathers.

I think most libertarians would agree as well.
>>
>>1108633
Speaking of libertarians, from my recent experiences of watching Gary Johnson's interviews on television, he seems Kasich-tier delusional
>>
>>1108646
Well, he's a libertarian.
>>
>>1100452
>He's the worst US president in the 20th century at least.
He was shit in the sense that he's a nice example of why the love and peace liberal hippy bullshit doesn't work. But if you honestly think he's worse than presidents like Harding, Hoover, arguable someone like JFK or LBJ or non-entities like Ford you're insane.
>>
>>1110000
or wilson, fdr, reagan
>>
>>1100283

He was too honest for the job.
>>
>>1108646
>he seems Kasich-tier delusional
About what, his "chances"?
>>
>>1100283
Well, he got shot in the head in Dallas, and it took him a while to recover. When they thought he was ready, they changed his name to "Jimmy Carter" and he served out his term in office.
>>
>>1108646

I'VE CLIMBED THE HIGHEST FUCKING MOUNTAIN ON ALL SEVEN CONTINENTS BRO.
>>
File: Panama_Canal_Map_EN.png (2 MB, 1294x1336) Image search: [Google]
Panama_Canal_Map_EN.png
2 MB, 1294x1336
>>1108314
> Don't forget giving the people of Panama that piece of land we just stole from them

The U.S. MADE the Panamanians. Before we showed up, they were nothing more then a shitty mosquito infested province of Columbia and it’s a stone cold fact that left to your own devices, you Hispanics would have never built the canal and would still be squatting in a mosquito infested swamp.
>>
>>1110781
>Columbia
>>
File: 1445893056273.png (99 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1445893056273.png
99 KB, 247x248
>>1111052

Ohh man, a spelling flame! Ultimate BURN, dawg!
>>
>>1111052
>panama is a floating city in the sky
>>
>>1100515
>>1100516
>>1100522
last second landslide win for hillary

dont be retarded

trump will lose
>>
>>1107912
>Blood for the blood god rampage
I love when the US is in that mode. All the other countries learn to back off, side with it, or stay out of it completely.

I kind of feel sorry for any country that took that USD though, that rape isn't something to walk back properly from.
>>
>>1111776
>1776

US confirmed.
>>
>>1111811
>not 1812
>>
>>1111579
Don't underestimate the ability for someone to literally buy the US presidency.
>>
>>1100509
>still

What do you mean "still"? He's only growing stronger lately.
>>
Carter was ultimately a bad president because he was a nice person.
You can't be a leader and be nice and be a good leader. Dicks rule the world, and being a dick doesn't necessarily make you a bad person either, you can be a dick and still be a good person just fought around the edges, just like how you can be a nice, conniving evil bitch.

I don't dislike Carter as a person but as a leader. You can't be nice to dicks, they'll take you for everything you have be they good or bad. You have to earn their respect by being just as much a dick they are, if not more so. Tough love and all that shit.
>>
>>1113648
>he was a nice person

Germans would call him a Gutmensch: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Gutmensch

I guess the closest English equivalent would be "cuck".
>>
>>1113663
>Good person is an insult as far as 4chan is concerned.

Incredible.
>>
>>1113666
Gutmensch is hardly a 4chan word.

And yes, being a naive retard who believes in everyone's good nature, the kind of person who's smiling when they're shitting on his head, that sort of character needs to be scorned and mocked endlessly. It leads to disasters 99% of the time.
>>
>>1113675
I know, the 4chan version would be "SJW" which is also a retarded insult but in any case comparing Gutmensch to cuck is a bit daft.

Not to mention it doesn't, countries run on a general policy of being nice are invariably lightyears better than countries with leaders that would say things like "It's not pleasent, but it's practical". The idea that humans are inherently nasty creatures that need to be treated as such is the worst meme.
>>
>>1113675
Yeah that's why he was a bad president.
It's why Bernie would just be Carter 2.0 at best.
Beware those with smiles and good intentions. More people have died because of them than any ruthless scarred warlord. The path to Hell is paved with good intentions.
>>
>>1113683
>Not to mention it doesn't, countries run on a general policy of being nice are invariably lightyears better than countries with leaders that would say things like "It's not pleasent, but it's practical".

Name some.

Hard mode: actually name some globally relevant countries, not utter memeshit like Norway or something.
>>
>>1113695
Basically every country in Europe that isn't a Slavic shithole.

>globally relevant
Who gives a damn if it's globally relevant?

China is globally relevant, it doesn't change the fact that it's still a fucking awful place to be alive.
>>
>>1113683
Like I said, you don't have to be a bad person to be a good leader. You just have to be a dick. You're the representative of your nation, your nation should come before anything else.
Harsh, ruthless, dogged, unflinching, stone faced, lacking empathy. All these things can be the signs of a cruel man, or a strong leader. A leader has to make deals and decisions for the whole. Of his nation. Not theirs.

That doesn't mean a good leader is uncompromising, non negotiable, or lacking compassion or reason. Far from it, these are key to being a good leader. But you can't blindly trust everything you take at face value. Trust is earned, not inherent. What good did Cartner's nice and trusting attitude do him? What good did it do the American hostages. Sometimes the only correct course of action is to be a stone hearted jerk. When you know you can trust someone then it's safe to play nice, but then again Europe has been playing nice and they've been taken for a ride by other Europeans. Greece is the best, worst example of trusting the inherent good nature of humanity in Europe at least. I think ISIS is the best general worldwide example though.
>>
>>1113701
>every country in Europe

You mean the countries that are letting hordes of refugees storm them, doctoring migrant rape statistics because it would "encourage violence against migrant communities"? Those are definitely Gutmenschen / cuckolds and are digging their own grave.

>Who gives a damn if it's globally relevant?

If you have to ask why this matters then you're not smart enough to have this debate in the first place.
>>
>>1113708
Yeah I'm not going to deny refugees are a meme that's gone too far. But the only reason refugees are cutting right through Muslim and Slavic countries right to the west is because it's the best place to be.

>If you have to ask why this matters then you're not smart enough to have this debate in the first place.
If you give a fuck about relevancy you are almost certainly a nationalistic idiot.

No, it doesn't matter if everyone on the planet knows what your country is if your country is a shithole regardless.
>>
>>1107832

>seriously believing this
>>
>>1113716
>But the only reason refugees are cutting right through Muslim and Slavic countries right to the west is because it's the best place to be.

And it's the place to be because it's a very migrant-friendly system with generous welfare. Carter actually did the same as the EU is doing right now during the Mariel crisis. He automatically offered refugee status to Cuban rapists and murderers.

>If you give a fuck about relevancy you are almost certainly a nationalistic idiot.

I'm not using relevance as some sort of dick wavery. I'm saying that a global hegemony and a security guarantor of half of Europe like the US literally cannot afford to play a nice guy and that sort of shit is only suitable for permanently peaceful meme nations.
>>
>>1113739
Have the welfare.
Don't have the refugees.

Is it really that hard?

>I'm not using relevance as some sort of dick wavery. I'm saying that a global hegemony and a security guarantor of half of Europe like the US literally cannot afford to play a nice guy and that sort of shit is only suitable for permanently peaceful meme nations.
>security guarantor
From who? Imaginary communists?

US """""protection"""" of Europe is absolutely pointless nowadays. Britain and France are well-equipped enough to absolutely crush any country that would even attempt it, not that any country would even consider invading Europe to be a good idea.

There's only one country on Earth that could invade Europe to any potential success, and ironically it's the US.
>>
>>1113754
>From who? Imaginary communists?

Russia. If it came to war with Russia, countries like UK and France would be annihilated within a year without US support.
>>
>>1113758
>Russia
It's not the USSR glory days any more and they don't have Warsaw pact satellites to help them either.

If Russia tried to invade Europe (god knows why they would) they would decisively get their ass kicked even without US support.
>>
>>1113777
The last time Russian navy tried testing British waters (2014), it took the Brits an entire day to generate a response and send a frigate there. They would get royally murdered in an actual conflict.
>>
>>1100452
Jimmy wasn't all that bad, but he was unprepared to lead an entire nation. He wouldn't even let his advisors use the word "politically"
But his post-presidential career is by far the best of any 20th C president, possibly ever. He wasn't ready to make really hard decisions and when he did (blue-light) he got fucked in the ass by shit out of his control
>>
>>1113788
I honestly have no idea why post-presidential career should be accounted for when we're evaluating their presidency. That's like saying Bush jr. was a shitty president but he painted some nice pictures after retiring.
>>
>>1113758
C'mon man.
Russua would steamroll through the Baltics, take a month to crack through Poland, slog through Germany's derliect military in 2, and then get turned back by the French and BEF easily after having their army ground to dust getting to the Rhine in the first place.
You know, assuming Europe doesn't amass their armies in the opening weeks of the war and send them into Poland turning the entire country into the Somme2.0 inevitably leading to Russian defeat.

And Europe's militaries are only so shit because there's no reason to have a size able military anymore. Russia isn't a credible threat nor is it a murder suicide risk. If Russua actually did miraculously recover and start building a creditable military even the SJWs of Europe would increase military spending.
>>
>>1113786
Okay, how do you figure the Russians could actually manage to sneak their army into the North sea to invade Britain whilst also being prepared for a counter-invasian from Europe?
>>
>>1113797
Why do all of you memers pretend like Russia only has ground units? Britain and Scandinavia would definitely be buttfucked from the North.
>>
>>1107922
He also deregulated truckers and the flight industry, he wasn't all bad. Just naive
>>
>>1113786
>hey Jerry
>yeah Tom?
>those bloody Russians sent some rust bucket into our waters
>ah feel like rubbin their knobs a bit do they, well just send McWinston to go tell 'em to fuck off
>oh, belay that, it's tea time, we'll deal with those sods after I've 'ad me crumpets
>>
>>1107993
But he also fucked Latin America while trying to be friends with them.
He tried realpolitik and failed
>>
>>1113809
For about a month until they get liberated.
Again, Russia is not a murder suicide risk. Their military is in shit shape, a majority of their navy is not fit for sea, their Airforce still consists of the same planes they've had since the early 80s but mostly 70s and unlike the West not even close to all of them have even received upgrades from the 90s let alone the 21st century.
Their logistics are mediocre at best and certainly not enough to support invading all of Europe at the same time.
Russia has a population of 200 some MILLION. They are a far cry from the glory days of the USSR.
They're a far cry from the imminent collapse USSR even.
>>
>>1113793
It shows that his goals weren't retarded, just not suited for the office of president
>>
>>1113834
This is true. Russia was a powerhouse for a long time because of population size and then they fucked themselves with over zealous communism.
They have a ways to go before they are a world threatening nation again.
>>
File: red-army-geography-summary.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1292) Image search: [Google]
red-army-geography-summary.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1292
>>1113865
On the contrary communism is what made them big and strong, a far cry from their agrarian regional power days under the Russian Empire.

Capitalism fucked the country up and made it irrelevant.
>>
>>1113929
They were already emerging as a powerhouse, and they were a great power before that. They had a shit military because they were just flat out incompetent, as far as I can tell.
It seems like communism kept them in stasis for a while but they collapsed under pressure to modernize, especially under Reagan (ironically)
Am I way off base here, /his/bros?
I always assumed they collapsed because Reagan challenged them to keep up with a sort of economic warfare, but I could be totally wrong. I know Gorbachev wasn't particularly good for the USSR because it was already near collapse when he came to power.
>>
>>1108275

I can't speak for Carter since I know shit all about him but what is it with you Americans and taking any criticism of any president and turning it into more partisan republican versus democrat shitflinging?
>>
>>1100509

Now? Probably not. One more terrorist strike in Europe (which is quite likely) and his chances go up by a lot.
>>
>>1113948
Communism didn't keep them in stasis, as a matter of fact it forced over a century's worth of advancement in a a few decades for better or for worse.

Modernization wasn't the problem. The 80's was the problem. That was a really shitty time for the entire global economy - however western capitalist nations were able to deal with it with leaders like Reagan and Thatcher allowing the rich to get richer and stimulate the economy at the expensive of the working class. While the Soviets had just more or less armed themselves into the dirt with Afghanistan and their export market was fucked by the global decline in gas and oil prices on top of a number of leaders dying in quick succession causing power to fall into Gorbachev's lap.

Of course the USSR being socialist couldn't just Reagan their economy up. But Gorbachev thought he could make do a little by relaxing censorship, allowing foreign businesses to open in the USSR, and normalizing relations with western powers. However the first of these reforms was by far the most disasterous as it just wound up giving a platform to nationalist apes who hated the USSR and quickly sweeped up any opposition to the communists to their ranks culminating in Yeltsin seizing power and crashing the economy with no survivors.

Given that gas and oil prices would later bounce back up it's entirely possible that had Gorbachev followed the example of his predecessors and just rolled tanks in to crush the nationalist movements in the Warsaw pact and bunkered down without making any compromises the USSR may just have endured, and if it did it's certain it would be much better off than present day Russia.
>>
>>1113955
Because politics in the US are dictated by two parties almost exclusively
(We need a third party tbqhwyf)
>>
He wasn't worse than LBJ
>>
File: meme election.jpg (30 KB, 504x319) Image search: [Google]
meme election.jpg
30 KB, 504x319
>>1107759
>>
>>1114032

This. Holy fuck, LBJ was the worst kind of utter cunt that ever could have become president.
>>
>>1108308
Iran should have been invaded, you don't take shit from people who kidnap your citizens. They should have been invaded and bombed back into the stone age.
>>
>>1114309
Politically non viable at the time.

Vietnam was still fresh in people's minds. The debt from it had just been paid off. The military was in a sad state due to budget cuts and man power reductions.

plus it shared a border with the Soviet Union, and Tehran is closer to the Soviets than any direction the Americans could invade from.
>>
>>1107759
Because they have the money and the brand recognition.
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.