[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /his/ I'm 20 years old and am very much irreligious.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: logo.gif (4 KB, 234x220) Image search: [Google]
logo.gif
4 KB, 234x220
Hi /his/
I'm 20 years old and am very much irreligious. But I can't identify as an atheist because I do believe in some higher power.

Anyways, I was raised as a seventh-day adventist and I wanted to know if anyone had questions or so forth.

I may not know the answers to some said questions if they're related to the Bible. I didn't pay close attention to their context as a kid, other than a few obvious things.

Personally, I don't think they're TOO special. Apparently they think so though-- so that's why I thought I might get some questions.
>>
Do you still keep Shabbath?
Do you believe in creationism?
>>
>>1100173
I don't. Neither of those.

But SDAs believe in those two things.
>>
Did you grow up near people that tolld you the pope and jesuits are a part of some grand conspiaricy?
Was your family a vegetarian one? Prety sure the church likes that.
>>
>>1100498
>Did you grow up near people that tolld you the pope and jesuits are a part of some grand conspiracy?

Yes, something like that.

>Was your family a vegetarian one?

My mom, who is now the only SDA in the family.. is such. You could still eat meat, but it had to be "clean" meat. However, you couldn't bring anything containing meat at the potluck dinners.

I am a vegetarian myself, but it was never because of the religion I was raised in. I like being vegetarian.
>>
>>1100596
Did you ever get to read religious tracts? And did you ever get to read from any famous authors(like javk chick)?
>>
>>1100623
>Did you ever get to read religious tracts?

I didn't have an interest in reading that much, but I think this was something we had. I've heard that term used.

> And did you ever get to read from any famous authors(like jack chick)?

Googled the name.
Nooo nothing of that extreme nature.
>>
Just so you know, they taught wrong. Sunday was established as the new Sabbath in Scripture, see the LITERAL translation of Matthew 28:1: "And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths...." Justin Martyr describes weekly worship as taking place on Sunday.

So you see, it wasn't something Constantine invented. He did make it a day of rest in honor of sun, but it had a Christian precedent long before then.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.