[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Olga of Kiev is a saint for spreading Christianity to Russia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
>Olga of Kiev is a saint for spreading Christianity to Russia

So why is Isabella of Castile not a Saint when she spread Christianity to the Americas?
>>
File: isabella of spain costume.jpg (273 KB, 958x1440) Image search: [Google]
isabella of spain costume.jpg
273 KB, 958x1440
>>1100092
HHHNNGGGG
>>
>>1100092
Latin Americans are Catholics and do not appreciate a cunt who sent murderous conquistadors being a saint.
>>
>>1100092

Add your might to that of the Lobby for her canonization:
>http://www.queenisabel.org/
>>
>>1100097
Do you know that she in her testament protected the natives,and gave them equal rights to the ones of a Castillian?
>>
>>1100092
BAIT
A
I
T
>>
>>1100097
Latin American here. Most people here don't even know who she is. And the ones that do admire her.
>>
>Theodora is a saint

The Orthodox are just terrible when it comes to making saints.
>>
>>1100215
My family is Latin American, but I personally identify mostly with the culture they moved to. Do most Latin Americans identify mostly with the Natives, the Conquistadors/Spanish, or something in between? It seems strange to me how hardcore Catholic everyone is.
>>
>>1100097
>make laws requiring peaceful conversion and relations with the natives
>Hurr why couldn't she defend these laws from soldiers and nobles across the Atlantic who were only interested in making money?
>>
>>1100247
Not him, but typically it's of the culture of the country, be it argentine, venezuelan, chilean, or peruvian. Of course, people who are product of recent migrations (1900+) will identify with their ethnic group, like Italians who came to South America.
>>
>>1100247
Conquistador.
>>
>>1100092
Coming from an Orthodox Christian, you can literally be made a fucking saint for anything. Tsar Nicholas II is a saint even though the only thing he ever did was act like a jackass and get shot for it.
>>1100095
hnnnnggggg would fugg
>>1100097
Retard. Isabella never ordered them to do that kind of shit (even though stories of atrocities against Amerindians are exaggerated at best, outright false at worst). But when you send soldiers who are essentially funding their own expeditions with their loot a thousand miles away from home, of course they're not going to listen to what the fuck you said.
Amerindians deserved it anyways for being barbaric, child-sacrificing fucks.
>>
>>1100092

Spanishfag there. I remember she was in process of being canonized. Dunno how is that proccess going anyway.
>>
>>1100247
They tend to identify with *insert Latin American Country.*
>>
>>1100092
Orthodox saints work weird. Constantine is a saint despite boiling relatives alive.
>>
File: 654.jpg (99 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
654.jpg
99 KB, 900x900
>>1100613

>stories of atrocities against Amerindians are exaggerated at best, outright false at worst

get off this board. you don't know shit about history. back to your echo chamber you ignorant cunt. git!
>>
>>1100247
They tend to despise both indios and spaniards, if they care at all. Latin american national identities were forged by the criollos who are basically spaniards and other whites born in the americas.
>>
>>1100174
>>1100613

This. Thanks to Isabella there wasn't genocide and slavism in Spanish America. Yes, some conquerers did some crazy shit sometimes, but in general that was forbidden and the ones who killed natives were judged and punished. Charles I and Philip II continued what Isabella started, and native rights were consolidated once again in Valladolid in 1548.

In fact, in American Wars of Independance, the ones who seeked independance were criollos aka spanish descendants, and did that because they wanted power. Natives allied with Spain since the Crown protected their rights.

Currently you can see a huge native base in Mexico and South America since natives were protected in Spanish territories. In other hand, in North America, remaining natives are in special reserves since Britain, France and USA did genocide against them.
>>
>>1100097

I'm hispanic and I admire her desu
>>
>>1100224
this
>>
>>1100903
>/leftypol/
>>
>>1100224
>I trust a book not to lie about Theodora when it said her husband killed 1,000,000,000,000 innocent people.
>>
>>1100224
>he believes the secret history
t. procopius
>>
>revering a literal whore and power-hungry maniac as a saint

>The Nika riots (Greek: Στάσις τοῦ Νίkα Stásis toû Níka), or Nika revolt, took place over the course of a week in Constantinople in AD 532. It was the most violent riot in the history of Constantinople, with nearly half the city being burned or destroyed and tens of thousands of people killed.

>Justinian, in despair, considered fleeing, but his wife Theodora is said to have dissuaded him, saying, "Those who have worn the crown should never survive its loss. Never will I see the day when I am not saluted as empress."[2]

>About thirty thousand rioters were reportedly killed.[4] Justinian also had Hypatius executed and exiled the senators who had supported the riot.
>>
>>1101573
>Theodora
>good
Why do people like her? Is it because she bullied Justinian?
>>
File: 1458952172109.jpg (111 KB, 856x907) Image search: [Google]
1458952172109.jpg
111 KB, 856x907
>>1101822
>plebs chimp put and destroy private property
>not in any ruler's interest to stop said savagery to restore rule of law
>maintaining power = power hungry
wew lad, feel the burn, amirite?^^
>>
File: Constantine_Palaiologos.jpg (407 KB, 400x622) Image search: [Google]
Constantine_Palaiologos.jpg
407 KB, 400x622
>>1100613
>Coming from an Orthodox Christian, you can literally be made a fucking saint for anything.
Well the Greek Orthodox Church doesn't recognise Constantine XI as a saint for his actions while other Orthodox churches see him as one.
>>
>>1100098

I wonder if the Vatican actually gives a shit about the lobby
>>
>>1101966
Well she's still in the process of being canonized...
>>
>>1101966

Depends of who is lobbying.
>>
>>1100092
hey das raciss mayne

muh indigenous culture

muh guns germs and steel
>>
>>1101822
t. turkposter
>>
>>1100903
>>>/r/laraza
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.