[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sardinian history thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: nur.jpg (647 KB, 2048x1532) Image search: [Google]
nur.jpg
647 KB, 2048x1532
Ask me what you want about Sardinian history and I shall answer.
>>
Can any traces of ancient nuragic languages be found in sardinian italian*
>>
File: tem.jpg (227 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
tem.jpg
227 KB, 960x640
>>1094849
What do you mean by Sardinian Italian exactly?

If you meant to say in modern day Sardinian, then yes.

There are some words of pre- indo european origins, on the top of my head the words usai (forest) and the word mògoro (cliff).

Some scholars have made parallels between proto-Sardinian and Basque or between proto-Sardinian and the Etruscan language.
>>
>>1094871
>mògoro
gara means mountain in various slavic languages
>>
>>1094836
Why should I care about Sardinian history?
>>
>>1094836
Are you guys named after the fish or vice versa?
>>
File: scrittura 028.jpg (393 KB, 899x1600) Image search: [Google]
scrittura 028.jpg
393 KB, 899x1600
>>1094883
Vice versa, the name Sardinia appears at last as early as in 850 bc in the Nora stone, a document written in the phoenician alphabet found in the ancient city of Nora, it's also perhaps the oldest alphabetic document in the Western Mediterranean.

But perhaps Sardinians were mentioned even earlier in Egyptian and Ugaritic document as Sherden around 1300 bc, but it's just a theory at the moment.

Pic related is the Nora stone.
>>
But you can't prove that the fish are named after you, just that your country (I think?) has been named after fish for ages.
>>
Sardines probably predate people living in Sardinia.
>>
>>1094897
Maybe the two names are just unrelated, that's the most plausible theory, all I know is that the name Sardinia/Sardinians predates the mention of Sardines in history.
>>
>>1094836
How did the Nuragics wage war?
>>
>>1094836
Do you prefer them barbecued or cooked in a sauce-pan? With tomato sauce or lemon?
>>
File: Bronz.sardo.jpg (326 KB, 1577x2002) Image search: [Google]
Bronz.sardo.jpg
326 KB, 1577x2002
>>1094918
They most likely were organized in different clans ruling over parts of the island, there are some circular stone building with stone benches placed along the circumference of the room that have been classified by archeologists as "parlament houses" or something similar, because they were probably used as places for reunion and discussion between the leaders/nobility.

They had bronze swords, axes and spears, they all wore some kind of armor, some were pretty heavy and most likely made at least in part of bronze like the archer's armor in pic related, they warriors often wore bronze greaves.

Archeologists haven't found Nuragic armors yet so this knowledge is based mostly on bronze statuettes and stone statues.
>>
When sardinians started to fuck goats?
>>
>>1094871
What the fuck happened between the fall of the western roman empire and the Pisa/Genova settling the place? Tell us about the Giudicati period.
>>
Which is better, Sardinia or Corsica? Support your answer.
>>
>>1094947
This 2bh
>>
>>1094956
First the Vandal invaded and occpied the islands for some decades untill the Byzantines slaughtered them and ruled the island.

When the Byzantines lost control of the island and left (around 700 AD), some local Sardinian families formed the 4 Giudicati of Torres, Arborea, Calaris and Gallura.

There was no serfdom at the time in Sardinia so not a proper feudal system as long as I know, the Pisans came around 1025 AD to help the Sardinian withsand the Arab invasions with their fleet, they Pisans allied with the Giudicato of Arborea and took control of Cagliari around 1258 destroying the Giudicato of Cagliari which was a rival of Arborea.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.