[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one was right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Collins-De Valera.jpg (79 KB, 526x360) Image search: [Google]
Collins-De Valera.jpg
79 KB, 526x360
Which one was right?
>>
Collins obviously
>>
File: download.jpg (148 KB, 961x1200) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
148 KB, 961x1200
the one played by liam neeson obviously
>>
Can someone please explain to me why Collins is loved more than De Valera, other than the fact that Collins looks like an absolute alpha, and Valera looks like a slimy fuck?

I mean, Collins supported the treaty that let Britain keep Ulster. Was this just the only practical solution, and De Valera was a foolish idealist?
>>
Take a wild guess
>>
>>1091692
I'm just guessing but dying in his prime probably helped (before he did something(s) embarrassing and tarnished his future reputation)
>>
>muh stepping stones
>>
>>1091692
Collins is an absolute alpha and dev is a slimy fuck
>>
>>1091692
Cause Collins was right
>>
>>1091692

>Collins supported the treaty that let Britain keep Ulster.

What a cuck that Collins guy. More like Cucklins am I right?

On the other maybe he wanted to keep Ireland pure and free of anglo-proddy scum. That would be the only non-cuck valid explanation.
>>
De Valera was right in spirit but operating in the realm of Realpolitik, Collins was right.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 191x263) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 191x263
>>1091692
>Collins supported the treaty that let Britain keep Ulster.
That was some prime perfidy by Albion once again. The treaty that was signed said that the issue of the border would be dealt with later by a Boundary commission. The border wasn't even the main issue of the civil war, the main problem was the oath to the king and the status as part of the commonwealth subject to certain interference as opposed to a full republic.

>De Valera was a foolish idealist?
If you give him every benefit of every doubt. I'm of the opinion that he was a slíbhín hoor who threw Collins to the dogs, knowing well in advance what the treaty would be and how it would be taken.
>>
Collins. Dev was a romantic fool who lacked resolve.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.