[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things you wish were found/explored
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Tomb_of_Emperor_Qin_Shi_Huang.jpg (4 MB, 2512x1855) Image search: [Google]
Tomb_of_Emperor_Qin_Shi_Huang.jpg
4 MB, 2512x1855
Let me start with 2 of mine.

1. Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor (pic related, its buried 250ft. below that mountain of earth)
-I simply cannot wait for them to open that bad boy up. Rumored to have rivers of flowing mercury on a large scale map of his empire, and the constellations made out in precious gems on the ceiling, this tomb must be(have been?) incredible. This is also where the terracotta warriors were found, and all that was just a distant branch of the Tomb complex. Radar scans have shown it has not collapsed, and scientists have found high mercury levels in the area, lending credence to the myths.

2. The Tomb of Alexander the Great
-I just want that to be found. I really like Alexander. One of the ancient heroes who captured my imagination.
>>
China will never allow for the mausoleum to be opened, the legend says that when those doors are opened, the chinese empire will fall, and no matter what is rumored to be inside, the Chinese just wouldn't have it.
>>
>>1090489
>China will never allow for the mausoleum to be opened, the legend says that when those doors are opened, the chinese empire will fall

Well, good thing there's no more empire, right? Open that shit up famalams.
>>
>>1090489

So why don't you go there? Bring a shovel and hide between those trees and start digging brug.

Be the change you want to see in the world!
>>
>>1090652
They are actually waiting for the advanced enough tech and procedure to do it right. they know they fucked up with the terracotta warriors, as the paint dried and crumbled to dust 10 minutes after they are dug out of the ground. it was only on the later ones they figured out climate control and humidity shit.
>>
>>1090711
China is still an empire. You don't need an emperor to be an empire. Just like the USA.
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensiblechuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>1090794
>you don't need an emperor to be an empire
>usa is an empire

I love this board.
>>
>>1090794
The chinese empire died in 1911/1912

'11 was the start of the rebelion, '12 was the formation of the republic.
>>
I'd like to see the hidden chamber in Tuts tomb for one.
>>
>>1090652

Maybe it never needs to be opened to start with. The archeologists may study it using mind-boggling, new things like tricorders and shit.

I'm not sure about the shit part, though.
>>
>>1092749

In other words, a perfect 3d modelling with VR or 3D printing etc. Question arises if a scientist needs to hold the actual item to feel "content".
>>
>>1092863
but color tho
>>
some more texts of Aristotle

shakespeare's "cardenio"
>>
>>1094714
so many missing works I want to name. The other 8 parts of the Trojan epic, the missing sections of the epic of Gilgamesh, literally anything that may have been stored at the great library of Alexandria before the fire...

Tragedy, missing all that knowledge.
>>
Found - gengis khan tomb
Explored - pluto as in a landing or long term orbit insertion
>>
>>1090794
On top of not being an empire, the communists properly hate superstition. Feng shui was more or less outlawed for a while.
>>
>>1092277
no shit, crack that mutha open
>>
Alexander's body was taken by Ptolemy to Alexandria in order to legitimize his rule. He built a tomb for it, which remained visible until at least the mid 800s. It has since been lost, though there was a temple there in the 1600s, and the Egyptian government has identified its likely location. Caesar visited the body, as did Augustus, who is said to have placed flowers and a diadem on the coffin. Caligula looted the tomb, taking Alexander's breastplate, and Alexander Severus is supposed to have taken more items.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.