[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is "being original" a spook?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: sketchpad.jpg (13 KB, 214x283) Image search: [Google]
sketchpad.jpg
13 KB, 214x283
Is "being original" a spook?
>>
Can someone please explain what the fuck a spook is
>>
>>1087391
A social construct
>>
>>1087391

needing explanations is a spook
>>
>>1087391
a ghost that lives inside your head
>>
>>1087391
Mental retardation brought about by rejection of everything you know as being bad because it's apparently self-evident why everything you know is bad.
>>
>>1087422
What a spooky post. Almost gives me chills.
>>
>>1087391
meaningless concepts that you put above yourself.
>>
>>1087388
authenticity is a spook. Any identity we hold we construct for ourselves out of the regurgitated myths and memes of civilisation. 'being original' isn't really possible
>>
>>1087397
No
>>
File: 8676469.png (67 KB, 480x258) Image search: [Google]
8676469.png
67 KB, 480x258
>>1087391
Stirner's concept of a spook is an idea/concept which only exists in our mind which obscures our "selfness".
That is to say, when we feel we are fulfilling a higher cause then ourselves, it would be more apt we are unconsciously serving our self interest (maybe you feel good after donating to charity for example because you feel it benefits society).

The purpose of recognizing such things as only constructs in our head is a step towards self realization. While some people interpret this as lmao fuck laws man, Stirner never really advocates such a view.

The whole point is reaching self-liberation, and not feeling obliged to do something out of monetary, religious or social concern. Ultimately, we should accept and realize that final say over our actions belongs to ourselves only.

Spooks are just a criticism of Dogma, and while the idea still resonates today, we should remember that Stirner argued for the concept at a time when idealism/religion were huge.
>>
>>1087696
Wow, I never thought it was that deep, especially with all the stirner shitposting. Maybe I should read some Stirner instead of read people talk about him on the internet.
>>
>>1087391

everyone is purely motivated by self interest. attributing motivation to other causes is a spook.
>>
>>1087391
a nigger
>>
>>1087742
To expand on this annon's point.

If someone is harming themself "for the greater good" or something like that than the the spook has deceived them into thinking this action is what helps them because the alternative is they are aligned with "evil" which they believe to be not in their best interest.
>>
>>1087736
I'd recommend it. Personally, Stirner's ideology lead me to a lot of personal growth and a better understanding of where I stood in the world. It also helped me rid myself of a lot of self-destructive tendencies with regards to fulfilling spooks.
>>
>>1087696
You can find something similair in Lacan's ideas.
Understanding your "symptoms" as your way of keeping yourself desiring.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.