[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Alexander was Macedonian, not greek" When will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1448776167842.jpg (25 KB, 579x329) Image search: [Google]
1448776167842.jpg
25 KB, 579x329
>"Alexander was Macedonian, not greek"
When will this meme end?
>>
>>1086361
It's not a meme if it's technically true.

I bet you consider Russell Crowe an Australian.
>>
Greeks started that meme

you can't blame us for using something THEY started
>>
File: king-Hannibal1.jpg (182 KB, 900x489) Image search: [Google]
king-Hannibal1.jpg
182 KB, 900x489
>"Hannibal was white"
When will this meme end?
>>
>>1086454
he was north african

ergo white
>>
>>1086454
WE
>>
File: A03_DurerPortrait.jpg (43 KB, 325x461) Image search: [Google]
A03_DurerPortrait.jpg
43 KB, 325x461
>Charlemagne was French
When will this meme end?
>>
>>1086460
WILL
>>
>>1086466
ROCK
>>
>>1086458
WE
>>
>>1086468
WUZ
>>
>>1086473
KANGZ
>>
>>1086464
Hopefully soon, Charlemagne (and the original Franks) were black.

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Crests/History_of_the_Holy_Roman_Empire.htm
>>
>>1086466
CLAIM OTHER ETHNIC/CULTURAL GROUPS HISTORY SOLEY BECAUSE WE SHARE THE SAME SKIN COLOUR/CAME FROM THE SAME CONTINENT AND YET COMPLAIN THAT WHYTE IS RACIST BECAUSE THEY THINK ALL BLACKS ARE THE SAME
>>
>>1086361
Well he wasn't Greek. But he was Hellenic culturally.

I mean, I was born in Norway, which makes me Norwegian, but if I was born in Norway under the Dano-Norwegian Union, I would've been Danish, even though I wasn't born in Denmark.
>>
>>1086479
>Albino history often implies that the Crusades were about freeing the “Holy Lands” from Arab Muslims. But historically Black Empires never fought over religion, everyone’s religion was simply respected. And this case was no different: The Arabs captured Jerusalem in 638, and from then until the late 11th century, Christians had free and unfettered access to the Holy places of Christendom.
>Rather – the Crusades were about “Black Christians” being outraged by “Barbaric Albino Turks” being in control of the Holy Lands.
Now I see.
>>
>>1086361
Macedonians weren't "Greek" in a political sense, but they were culturally, linguistically, and probably even ethnically Greek.
>>
Macedonians were greek, culturally and ethnically. But like epirus (and sparta), they retained the more archaic form of governing (kings) while the greeks to their south didnt and had polis instead.
>>
>>1086479
WHY ISNT THIS A BIGGER THING? WHO WILL STOP THE ALBINO?
>>
>>1086467
YOU
>>
File: tatar.png (63 KB, 746x581) Image search: [Google]
tatar.png
63 KB, 746x581
>>1086361
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.