[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix this /his/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
How would you fix this /his/?
>>
more colonialism
>>
>>1084409
Real life already did.
>>
>>1084409
Pretty shitty map. I'd use a symbolic projection to give emphasis to areas of importance.
>>
Write it in the Queen's English
>>
>>1084428
break them into banana republics run by aristocrats and British banks?
>>
>>1084409
Portugal got the better deal honestly
small trade ports are a lot more profitable than a huge sprawling empire
>>
Why did the Spanish Habsburgs insist on using the Burgundian Cross as their flag?
>>
File: 2000px-Maximilian_I_Arms.svg.png (719 KB, 2000x2402) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Maximilian_I_Arms.svg.png
719 KB, 2000x2402
>>1084453
Cause they are the inheritors of Burgundy
>>
>>1084461
That's too simplistic.
>>
>>1084468
Charles V grew up in Burgundy, in that court. He had daydreams of Burgundian crusades to Constantinople, conquered guelders and brought the flag over. Mind you during that period banners were not standardized.
>>
>>1084473
Why didn't Charles have a nickname like all of his Burgundian predecessors? Charles the Bold, Phillip the Handsome, etc.
>>
>>1084488
He was Charles "the Caesar"
>>
>>1084409
Didn't both the Spaniards and Portuguese get blown out by the Safavids in the Persian Gulf?
>>
>>1084409
Spain/Castile is one of the most basic and easiest countries to play in Europa Universalis but its still quite satisfying for me to play because of what-ifs like this

Actually uniting Spain and Portugal together and doing the work of both Spain in the west and Portugal in the east without blobbing into the continent gives you a lot to manage
>>
If you are asking how Spain could've kept their colonies then the answer is "actually know economics and quit pissing off every country and Europe"
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.