[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Sufism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20150803_120201.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150803_120201.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Practising Sufi here. AMA.

Any others out there?
>>
>>1081665
Which tariqa?
>>
>>1081670

Chisti-Qadiriya.
>>
Do you have a job? Does zikr interfere with it?
>>
>>1081709
Still studying.
Doesn't interfere but I can't do it as much as I'd like to. Still am able to once a day.
>>
>>1081665
Quranist here.
How important are the Hadiths to you?
>>
>>1081727
Very, read them a lot.
>>
Enjoy your takfiri hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UAm3VlhKmM
>>
>>1081760

Sama, for the purpose of spiritual attainment, is not haram.
>>
>>1081665
Where are you from?
How does it effect to your daily life?
Is music really considered haram?
>>
Do you believe mohammed flew on a horse to heaven or do only salafis believe that?
>>
>>1081884
India.

Personally, quite a bit. It's because I'm serious about it. Abstinence, practising zikr, there's some other things too. Toughest aspect, for me, has been resigning everything to God. Not that I have, I'm still trying to perfect it.

It is in salafi Islam. But there's a lot of traditional Sufi literature condoning it. Even Sufis who didn't partake in sama weren't against it, provided if only it was for spiritual purposes.
That is a big if.
>>
>>1081893
It's supposed to be a different animal and yes.
There's a common misconception that Sufis are unislamic. That's preposterous. You go from Sharia to Tariqa. Hence, a sufi must perfectly adhere to Islamic law.
And all Sufis have.

I believe in the sunnah.
>>
>>1082144
Thanks for the answer even though it is kinda disheartening because I thought your sufis would take the written word less literal with your teachings about outer and inner meaning etc.

Its ridiculous and makes polytheist theology look just as reasonable in comparison...
>>
>>1082811
>makes polytheist theology look just as reasonable in comparison
Polytheist theology is far more reasonable in general.
>>
>>1082849
Not if you take it literal.
"And then Enki-god of beer, humans and freshwater, bit of his fathers penis and got pregnant from it birthing..."
>>
>>1082811
Why do you get so close minded when you hear about something you don't like?
>>
>>1082902
Its because the people who hold this something I dont like as an opinion believe it to be backed by objective moral supremacy and thus cause great strife with the ones who do not share this notion backed by not wven the simplest of reasoning as it is the case with other laws of faith.

My closed mind comes from disgust by ignorance and undeserved pride, slowly shifting into active resent as the worldview I dont like threatens to swallow up others by force and not by persuation.
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 497x729) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 497x729
>>1082985
>>
>>1083080
Its not about tipping my fedorah.
I respect a christian who can explain the trinity and why god made himself flesh.
I respect a buddhist arguing about the composition of a deity and how it is tied into that whole reincarnation thing.

I cannot respect a myth with no reasoning or explanation whatsoever behind it being in some way a contestor for being part of the absolute truth.

Its as savage-tier as believing god thrones in the clouds as opposed to not everywhere were creation is not or being materialized in it universally, just take ab eyample concerning primitive vs sophisticated beliefs.
>>
>>1082887
Nobody takes it literally though, which is why it is more reasonable.
>>
>>1081665
>Abrahamic religions
>on /his/
No thank you
>>
>>1083147
I respect the Jewish beliefs about God, they're extremely interesting IMO, and once you understand the Jewish beliefs Christian beliefs fall into place a lot more accurately. It's a lot harder to make sense of Christianity without knowing them.
>>
>>1081709
>zikr
Its dhikr you Islamic brother of mine
>>
>>1081760
I'M MAD
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.