[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this statement true?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: blood politics marriages.jpg (296 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
blood politics marriages.jpg
296 KB, 1920x1080
"Blood alone moves the wheels of history."
by il duce or Benito Mussolini..
Is this statement true? Is history written by war? or is war only a side effect and for example medieval marriages between ruling houses are more of a moving wheel? Or something totally different like diplomatics? i mean without the 2. world war no post war europe with all of the new borders.
So please discuss!
>>
Not at all. Wars often mark sharp transitions, but more often than not they are inevitable side effects of economic and social trends, and have predictable outcomes as well. There are certainly exceptions to that, but they are just that: exceptions.
>>
File: Steam_engine_in_action.gif (127 KB, 630x410) Image search: [Google]
Steam_engine_in_action.gif
127 KB, 630x410
>>1081494
Wars come, wars go. The end result is that some monkeys get killed, the arbitrary lines drawn by packs of moneys change a bit and some people end up paying taxes to another group of head monkeys who might spend more of it on roads and bridges or parties and whores than their previous.

However a few technically minded people come together, build a new machine to (for example) better pump out mines and in a few decades the world is a different place.
>>
>>1082026
remind me why most of the machines are built ?

oh yeah, to win war
>>
>>1082050
Developing better means to pump water out of a mine does not win wars.
>>
>>1082061
>most
>>
>>1082050
Drainage pump?
>>
>>1082072
Name them.
>>
>>1082083
Don't be so lazy, just look at the 20th century.
>>
>>1082050
Most machines are built to do X shit better.

>Watch as he will say something edgy like "Yeah...to kill thousands in more effective ways...What God creates...man destroys."
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.