[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do wehraboos and popcult militaryfags in general jerk off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Why do wehraboos and popcult militaryfags in general jerk off to Erwin Rommel, but nobody gives much credence to the real Axis military genius, General Guderian
>>
>>1080264

I made this exact thread (give or change a few words) with this exact pic like a week ago. r u memeing me

if not, there were a few ideas

>Guderian mostly fought in the East and had less combat encounters with Western troops therefore less ingrained in our popular conscious
>Likewise, British propaganda hyped up Rommel's talents (which there certainly were, he was a gifted officer) to make him out as some sort of Hannibal or Napoleon, in an attempt to explain why they were getting their tails kicked around Africa

Seems plausible to me. It's a shame, since Guderian was even less of a Nazi than Rommel.
>>
>>1080264
His name was Heinz not General though.
>>
Because
>lmao Heinz ketchup
>>
File: wehrmacht tiers.png (410 KB, 512x545) Image search: [Google]
wehrmacht tiers.png
410 KB, 512x545
Have some OC, just for you OP.

This needs to get filled out more though, suggestions?
>>
Its probably less military talent and more the perceived moral character between the two men

Rommel was a gent and treated enemy western combatants as if it was pre-wwi, with gallantry and shit, plus was complicit in the anti-hitler coup insofar as staying silent of its knowledge, and his men would follow him to the ends of the earth in whatever crazy shit he would try to pull

on the other hand Guderian was fighting more in the eastern front and probably behaved more typically as a German general, also though he openly disagreed with Hitler in the early parts of the war, he eventually got bribed by Hitler with enough dosh and Polish lands for him to shut up... incidentally to the detriment of the war effort (not saying shit about Kursk or any other dumbasseries pushed by Hitler)

i assume actual military fags in US army armored divisions actually do jerk off to Guderian and have pinups of him in the insides of their tanks
>>
File: SUFFERING KESSELRING.png (230 KB, 476x663) Image search: [Google]
SUFFERING KESSELRING.png
230 KB, 476x663
>>1080371
>>
where am i if i liked Heinrici
>>
>>1080371
Oskar Dirlewanger to that guy
>>
>>1080371
Talk to me about blaskowitz
>>
>>1081571
Blaskowitz was a pretty cool guy. He got fired in 1940 for complaining to Hitler incessantly about SS atrocities.

But his biggest military accomplishment doesn't even show up on his wikipedia page.After operation Dragoon, he managed to withdraw Army Group G in good order, frequently behind enemy lines, something like the Long March, except with a conventional military.

But no one appreciates the general who was best at retreating.

>>1081176
That's an entirely different guy.
>>
>>1082375

>.After operation Dragoon, he managed to withdraw Army Group G in good order,

Army Group G suffered an over 50% casualty rate in personnel, and way higher than that when it came to heavy equipment.

In what universe does that constitute "retreating in good order"?
>>
What was the name of that General who led the mass exodus out of Berlin with a bunch of civilians so they wouldn't get raped to death by Russians, trying to surrender to US and British forces? Also does anyone have interest info on that gent
>>
>>1082511
Moses?
>>
>>1080264
I jerk off to both
>>
>>1081176
More like irredemable
>>
File: 524.jpg (90 KB, 297x359) Image search: [Google]
524.jpg
90 KB, 297x359
>>1082518
anon no
>>
>>1080264
talks about Guderian

beta fag

learn about Manstein
>>
>>1080264
Both of those fags are secondary to Von manstein.
>>
>>1080264
Because he was highly romanticised by the Allies during the war, due to the North Africa campaign. It isn't good propaganda if you don't paint the enemy out to be a military genius beyond par that British troops are winning against.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.