[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saussure/20th century french int his gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: stock-footage-guide1.jpg (72 KB, 406x229) Image search: [Google]
stock-footage-guide1.jpg
72 KB, 406x229
Anyone know the French philosophy of the 20th century much?

What do you guys think of Saussure? I've been seeing that hipsters are getting into him a lot lately.
>>
>>1077547
Chaussure ?
>>
>>1077547
Pretty sure Saussure was Swiss.
>>
>>1077547
I haven't read much about him, I'm not Saus-sure
>>
>>1077547
>Anyone know the French philosophy of the 20th century much?

Not much, really.

I stopped in existentialism. Is already quite painful to read the defense of Sartre of his ideological peers - did not risk reading the mental contortionism of Derrida, Barthes, Lacan, et caterva, particularly known for distorting third-party theories.

>What do you guys think of Saussure?

A fine linguist. An excellent introduction to semiotics. He was not French, by the way.

>I've been seeing that hipsters are getting into him a lot lately.

I never heard of this preference in particular.
>>
I only know him from a passage in a linguistics book about how he discovered the Proto-Indo-European laryngeal phonemes.

What'd he do besides that?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.