[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of this book and how schoolchildren are lied to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 0e1daeb8585935150a-0.jpg (128 KB, 935x1210) Image search: [Google]
0e1daeb8585935150a-0.jpg
128 KB, 935x1210
What does /his/ think of this book and how schoolchildren are lied to?
>>
>>1076647
shits fucct mayne cuz dey be talking all dat bullshit tryna hide the fact we wuz kangz n shit
>>
>Howard Zinn quotes right on the cover
>>
File: Fig. 6.jpg (12 KB, 411x283) Image search: [Google]
Fig. 6.jpg
12 KB, 411x283
>>1076660
>>
Good book. I think it's a disservice to America's youth.
A good teacher should be able to take them through the history of the world without driving kids into Nietzsche, gommunism, and woodstock reenactments or whatever those who decide the curriculum are afraid of.

Hopefully every kid leaves school having had a teacher capable and willing to challenge that grade school narrative.
>>
>>1076647
>le every american school is the exact same

my school was great, and I don't need some smug fuck telling me otherwise.
>>
>>1076678
>le my particular experience speaks for everyone
>>
The book takes an undeniable leftist stance, and certainly emphasizes some of our moral failings that are glossed over (for instance, portraying Columbus as a hero rather than as a selfish guy who mostly wanted riches)

Overall okay. Important for kids to learn there's more than one version of history.
>>
File: 01_17022030_9008c0_2746268a.jpg (215 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
01_17022030_9008c0_2746268a.jpg
215 KB, 1500x1000
>>1076658
>we wuz kangz n shit
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/7006854/Eminem-related-to-9th-century-Welsh-king-Rhodri-the-Great.html
>>
>>1076726
literally the exact opposite of what he is saying holy shit
>>
One day in going to write a book called "Lies James W. Loewen Told Me"
>>
>>1078867
You sound like a witty historian :^)
>>
>>1076647
IT WAS ALL A LIE MAAAN

FUCK YOU TEACHER! FUCK YOU DAD!
>>
Required reading in high school. No joke.
>>
Read John Taylor Gatto's work.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.