[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of his documentaries is your favorite, /his/? Excited for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 360_br10q_1005.jpg (9 KB, 360x235) Image search: [Google]
360_br10q_1005.jpg
9 KB, 360x235
Which of his documentaries is your favorite, /his/? Excited for his upcoming Vietnam War series?

I think my favorite has to either be the Prohibition one, or the Civil War. Still need to finish Jazz & the West.
>>
>>1072982
>Which of his documentaries is your favorite, /his/?
None. His sentimentalising is ahistorical.

>Excited for his upcoming Vietnam War series?
God no. It will further the ignorance of RVN/DRVN/PRG/NFL politics, and ensure a complete ignorance of the PLAF, PAVN and ARVN's engagements.

If I wanted to watch "Americana, the it ain't me edition" I would put on some creedence while masturbating to Rambo 1.
>>
>>1073045

How far into the series do you think it'll be until CCR is played for the first time?

I'm betting on "it ain't me" right at the beginning of the intro, every episode.
>>
>>1073068
Well knowing Ken Burns he'll start in 1944 with the "OSS was democratising Vietnam from within and we betrayed them, therefore we started the Vietnam war before there was a Vietnam war, Ho Chi Minh was a democrat" bullshit.

One episode for the advisors.

So at least Episode 3.

Prepare for the deliberate and political misuse of highly political sectarian songs in order to inculcate sentimentality in US viewers who have no conception of social history.
>>
>Be in Vietnam
>"Who killed the Kennedies" starts playing
>>
>>1073045
>NFL
What did Joe Namath have to do with 'nam?
>>
>Be in Dunkirk
>"I know we'll meet again some sunny day" starts playing
>>
>>1073197
Namath was instrumental in the Southern Vietnamese Worker's Party organisation, and was critically responsible for setting up taxation in the safe areas and conscription into Provincial force battalions of the PLAF.
>>
>Be in Baghdad
>"Let the bodies hit the floor" starts playing
>>
>>1073200
Fucking Jets!
>>
>Be at First Somme
>Wonder why it is called First Somme
>"Ni le bien qu'on m'a fait, Ni le mal tout ça m'est bien égal" starts playing
>>
>Be in Korea
>"Through early morning fog I see" starts playing.
>>
Anybody who dislikes his baseball documentary isn't a real American and should be banned from this website.
>>
The Dust Bowl was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxN4faX_hG8

Civil War probably his best.
>>
File: 1460912609879.jpg (716 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1460912609879.jpg
716 KB, 2592x1944
>>1073183
>>1073246
>>1073198
>Be in Arabia
>No music because music is haram
>>
>>1073852
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3lWwBslWqg
>>
File: Egyptian_Army_M60A1_tank.jpg (2 MB, 2914x1942) Image search: [Google]
Egyptian_Army_M60A1_tank.jpg
2 MB, 2914x1942
>>1073852
>Be in Egypt
>"The cockpit radio blares" starts playing
>>
>>1073869
>bitch driving his car
>double haram
>>
>>1073876
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjhBUKApaW4
>>
File: haram.jpg (41 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
haram.jpg
41 KB, 480x360
>>1073890
>women driving
>women attracting guys
>women speaking
TRIPLE HARAM!
>>
>>1073930
>it's totally suspicious for them.
it's totally NOT suspicious
>>
>>1073045
>enjoying ken 'montgomery' burns
>>
File: 250px-BattlefieldTitleCard.jpg (6 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
250px-BattlefieldTitleCard.jpg
6 KB, 250x186
Who here /battlefield/
>>
>>1072982
empire of dust
>>
>>1073247
My nigga.
>>
>be in Belfast
>"Sunday Bloody Sunday" starts playing
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.