[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Order and Progress > > Tell me about Brazil.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: 1462117417378.png (61 KB, 1280x896) Image search: [Google]
1462117417378.png
61 KB, 1280x896
Order and Progress
>
>
Tell me about Brazil.
>>
>>1071570
>Tell me about Brazil

It can be summurized in two words: Anarchy and Backwardness
>>
it's hot af. what else you wanna know?
>>
File: IMG-20160419-WA0004.jpg (114 KB, 930x530) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160419-WA0004.jpg
114 KB, 930x530
Brazil
>>
>>1071942
Please post more.
>>
>>1071570
It has potentially the ugliest flag in existence
>>
>>1072106
http://www.tumbex.com/tumblr/succubushunt/photo/tagged/india/page/1
>>
>>1072127
literally heresy

the monkeys are unworthy of such a good flag
>>
>>1072153
there are none more worthy, my (possibly) burger friend. Although I think our flag should be red instead or green and gold, considering the name of the country.
>>
Long ago the country of Brazil lived in prosperity and peace, then everything changed when the republicans attacked.

>>1072106
Search Xingu on Google Images
>>
>>1072202
>red
>to make petistas happy once and for all

literally what the fuck laddie
>>
>>1071570
An example to not be followed.
>>
>>1072212
>considering the name of the country

can you read? you should do it more often, then
>>
>>1072248
I know laddie
But turning the flag red is literally what would spark a civil war

Besides, it'd be ugly as shit
>>
File: 1402765429781.jpg (12 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1402765429781.jpg
12 KB, 195x195
>>1072208
>Long ago the country of Brazil lived in prosperity and peace, then everything changed when the republicans attacked.

>A slave economy
>Completely dependent on agriculture
>Completely devoid of an entrepreneurial mindset
>With the overwhelming majority of the population with a Sub-Saharan standard of living
>With a mediocre (and usually illiterate) aristocracy
>Without infrastructure, scientific capital, neither empire of law
>Achieved a worse performance than neighbors who have spent decades in civil war
>Successfully avoided at all costs the formation of a federal system, until the idle retard Emperor (aka .: Pedro II) was duly deposed (but not correctly hanged).

>prosperity and peace
>>
>>1071570
>order and progress
as if either exists in Brazil

Just happy that the bitch Roussef is on her way out. Next if we get a Chilean right wing president all will be good in Latin America.

inb4 /pol/ the left has become so corrupt that only viable alternative is right wing parties. At least they are held to a higher standard by the retarded supporters of the left wing parties and have to keep face.

Roussef's replacement will be held to higher standards and that's good. Means that he'll actually have to improve the country.
>>
>>1072585
Has it been any better since?
>>
>>1072585
i thought at the time of pedro ii's deposition, brazil was as strong as the united states, and the richest country in south america
>>
File: BrazilEmpireNew.jpg (74 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
BrazilEmpireNew.jpg
74 KB, 500x323
It'd be less shit if the Spanish had followed the Anglo policy of complete extermination/isolation of the natives. Regardless of the morality of such an act, the country would overall be more efficient and have a higher standard of living nowadays if it was all white.
>>
>>1075537

I meant to say Portuguese instead of Spanish
>>
>>1075537
that literally didn't matter back then and doesn't matter now either
>>
>>1072585
>let me tell you about your country and it's rulers
>>
>>1075517
Where the fuck did you learn that?

>>1075625
>implying that you're the only monkey on this board

we were definetly better under the Empire than under the old republic, but we were still basically a country controlled by rich oligarchs who generally didn't give a fuck about anyone but their own dynastical disputes

After Pedro got deposed, that's when they got absolute power over every aspect of society
>>
>>1075859
my history high school teacher taught me that.
t. portuguese
>>
Almost BTFO by Paraguay. Nuff said.
>>
>>1075968
>paragays will believe this
>>
>>1072585
>entrepeneurial mindset
>idle retard emperor was duly deposed (but not correctly hanged)
>all this disinformation
Kill youself.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 612x380
>>1072585
Here.
>>
>>1071570
I'm bumping this thread because Br is an intersting country. A country full of contradictions.

We greet each other by kissing one or two cheeks, hug a lot and make friends quickly,

Our murder rates are one of the highest in the world, and our criminals "microwave" those who oppose them in the favelas (this is done by trapping them in rubber tires and setting them on fire). When ISIS said it could attack Brazil all we did was literally memes, they can't do anything worse than what we already do.

Our contry is also beautiful but hot af.

We worship the female body but as a whole are still conservative and frown upon woman who are not "modest".

We complain a lot about government corruption but pretty much everyone is easily corruptible.

>hueheuheuh
>>
>>1072585
>>A slave economy

The US also had a slave-based economy throuought most of that time. Also, Pedro II was one of Brazil's greatest abolitionists. He freed all of his own slaves when he was still young and he supported a lot of abolitionist measures, and even said he could abdicate from the throne so that one of those could pass. If I am not mistaken, he was the one who freed Paraguay's slaves too.

Do you know why slavery took so long to be abolished? Because of the 'enterpreneurs' who were all in favor of it, and not because of Pedro.

>>Completely dependent on agriculture

We are talking about the 19th century here. Do you know how Brazil was before Pedro II? Come on! Even with all of the 20th century development we are still in large part an agricultural economy.

>>Completely devoid of an entrepreneurial mindset

Barão de Mauá?

>>With the overwhelming majority of the population with a Sub-Saharan standard of living

Same thing as pre-abolition US, with the difference that we didn't have as many bloody wars as Americans did.

>>With a mediocre (and usually illiterate) aristocracy

Pedro II was a patron of arts and his reign saw the true birth of Brazilian literature, music and painting. Carlos Gomes, José de Alencar, Machado, Gonçalves Dias... Machado was a monarchist, by the way.

>>Without infrastructure, scientific capital, neither empire of law

Pedro built our highway system which has barely changed since his times. We had much more law and empire than we have today, that's for sure.

>>Achieved a worse performance than neighbors who have spent decades in civil war

No. In fact, we won the Paraguay war.
>>
>>1072208
>>Successfully avoided at all costs the formation of a federal system, until the idle retard Emperor (aka .: Pedro II) was duly deposed (but not correctly hanged).

Pedro II, a friend of Victor Hugo, Graham Bell, Louis Pasteur, one of the few leaders who offered support to Richard Wagner, a man who loved science and knew about ten languages or so... And you call him a retard!

He should be hanged, you say? Well, the people would surely hate that. In fact, he had to be silently removed from the country during the darkest hours of night because the military knew very well that there would be some public revolt if the people discovered they were deposing the emperor.

Have you heard about Canudos? That was a movement in the Northeast comprising some 25000 of the most miserable people in the country who built a whole mythology, and a city, in the hopes that the Republic would end, and who died in the name of it in one of the most terrible - maybe *the* most terrible - events in the history of Brazil. And this was after Pedro was already dead and buried in Europe!
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.