[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LUCIFERIANISM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: fall.jpg (26 KB, 480x460) Image search: [Google]
fall.jpg
26 KB, 480x460
How on earth is this religion viewed in a negative connotation? Is it merely due to the "Lucifer = Satan" meme? There is literally nothing to paint Lucifer as a malevolent being.
>Lucifer in this context is seen as one of many morning stars, a symbol of enlightenment, independence and human progression
How could this possibly be opposed?
>>
There is no Lucifer in the Bible.
>>
File: 17hqnyzf5qgnkjpg.jpg (63 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
17hqnyzf5qgnkjpg.jpg
63 KB, 636x358
>>1063362
>How could this possibly be opposed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJh47LybCkU
>>
>>1063362
Most successful religions formed a symbiotic relationship with governments of some sort, either offering complacency for the masses, or legitimization for rule.

If a religion does neither, it's less likely to thrive.
>>
File: ANiPbq4.gif (471 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
ANiPbq4.gif
471 KB, 500x299
>>1063362
>How could this possibly be opposed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-2-6cb9j-I
>>
File: 1448992456517.png (134 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448992456517.png
134 KB, 250x250
>>1063362
>defending a meme religion spawned in the modern era by angsty contrarian fedora tippers who just wanted to piss people off
>>
>>1063362
>enlightenment, independence and human progression
I oppose all of these things.
>>
Can someone explain to me the major things this religion believes in?
>>
Let's see:

>there is no such being as "Lucifer" in the Bible
>the word itself was originally lowercase "lucifer" which is how Romans called the morning star in the Vulgate, it refers to the falling king of Babylon
>the retards translating the KJV mistranslated it a proper name and some other retards equated it with Satan
>Milton ran with the meme and popularized it in Paradise Lost

There you have it, Luciferianism is literally the result of some cretins creating an entire religion / mystical philosophy out of a mistranslated word. You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>1063655
>progression
what kind of progress?
>>
>>1063692
Spiritual libertarianism.

>I take what I deserve, and I give you what you deserve
>>
>>1063699
What
>>
If Zoroaster was born in Rome you faggots would be worshiping Angra Mainyu.
>>
>>1063699
I like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvEYKRF5IA
>>
>>1063362
>enlightenment, independence and human progression
[citation needed]
>>
>>1063362
Luciferians are atheists in nature. They believe in a "god of the earth" kind of deity, whose "light-bringing" is related to Gnostic enlightenment. So of course the Abrahamic religions would have a problem with this.
>>
>>1063608
>>1063688
These.

>>1063699
Wow that's edgy af, m8.

Mind if I steal it from you?
>>
>>1064906
>Luciferians are atheists in nature.
>They believe in a "god of the earth"
<whose "light-bringing" is related to Gnostic enlightenment
>atheists

lol whut
>>
>>1063688
This, it's literally just supposed to be a big "Fuck you" to Nebuchadnezzar II.
>>
>>1065101
As in a powerful human, like the Overman. Not really a god per se.
>>
Shouldnt it be called Helelism anyway?
>>
>>1063362
>>1063405
>>1063688
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Lucifer/
who are these about then? Lucifer is supposed to be a different entity altogether? Even though this is the case, from what I've seen of Lucifer being cast down from the heavens for questioning God's command he's still a sympathetic character regardless if he's satan or not
>>
>>1070040
Lucifer is only referred to by name in the first verse cited, and modern scholarship thinks it refers to Nebuchadnezzar.
>>
>>1070055

So this is the only legit mention of Lucifer?

Isaiah Chapter 14

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
>>
>>1063362
Luciferianism is synonym of materialism aka degeneracy.
>>
>>1070376
Babylon nigga, Babylon.
>>
File: 140999359794.gif (21 KB, 111x150) Image search: [Google]
140999359794.gif
21 KB, 111x150
>tfw you realize the Serpent = Lucifer = Jesus Christ
>>
>>1070376
Mistranslation, explained here >>1063688

As for Isaiah 14:

>On the day the Lord gives you relief from your suffering and turmoil and from the harsh labor forced on you, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon
>against the king of Babylon

It's literally there in the Bible. Read the entire chapter instead of just cherrypicking verses.
>>
>>1073041
Nebuchadnezzar II is also Christ-Lucifer the Serpent, merely a different incarnation.
>>
>>1073059
Get lost shitposter.
>>
>>1073070
I am the light that illuminates all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all is attained. Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there.
>>
>>1063362
Satan is literally God's prosecution, with mankind as the defendant, in the original Jewish mythology.

Why would the prosecution suddenly become a beacon of freedom and independence? Something isn't adding up here...
>>
>>1063362

>a symbol of enlightenment, independence and human progression

the problem is not that he wants to be the symbol of those things, but what you define as enlightenment, independence and human progression

there is a big difference between what christians call "enlightenment, independence and progression" and what hedonists call "enlightenment, independence and progression"

as always, the word isn't the important thing but what you will do if you believe in those things
>>
>>1073107
>>
tl;dr

lucifer = prometheus

established christianity relegated the promethian myth to that of "the bad guy" due to the merger of Christianity and Constantine. they propagandized it to discourage dissent to tyranny.
>>
Lucifer gave man knowledge and God would rather have had us as innocent fleshy automatons. God didn't like that his creations had been tricked (lol omnipotence?) and decided to fuck over Lucifer and the descendants of Adam. Up until the point where I guess he just threw his hands up and drowned the world because his free thinking creations weren't listening to him anymore.
Basically God is an autist and throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way
>>
Yes. He was a pretty based guy. If it wasn't him then all cool human wouldn't even exist instead it would be that faggot Adam and his bitch Eve. My vote for the Luci.
>>
File: 1460232238669.png (124 KB, 297x262) Image search: [Google]
1460232238669.png
124 KB, 297x262
>>1063688
Yeah, and free-masonry is merely a club of bored old people talking about good old time and drinking a bit of scotch
>>
>>1070040
>KJV
>>
>>1074900
Bloody well shouldn't be. Otherwise why would we go to meetings?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.