[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are vikings romanticized? They were assholes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 23
File: vikings_s3e8_gallery_2.jpg (2 MB, 3300x2200) Image search: [Google]
vikings_s3e8_gallery_2.jpg
2 MB, 3300x2200
Why are vikings romanticized? They were assholes
>>
Everyone was assholes
>>
>>1062915
This. They are OUR assholes though
>>
>Calling pillaging, sexually assaulting, looting raiders "assholes"

Understatement of the Year Award winner!
>>
Your precious Anglo-Saxons, Irish, and Franks raided too, even while being Christian. Raiding was normal dark age activity, the vikings are just famous for turning it up to 11 thanks to their invention of longships
>>
>>1062943
what?
>>
>>1062910
They a meme teir warrior for people who love dwarves and spartans who feel the need to over compensate masculinity.
>>
Because rape and pillage is good if whites do it.
>>
>>1062910
>vikings
>roman
Haha, funny, you
>>
>>1062910
Because many vikings took great risks and went through a lot of effort to conquer territories and sail as far as the mediterranean and north America.

Don't forget they were fighting against brutal autocracies that were just as cruel as them.
>>
>>1062910

> Why are the Mongols romantisized?
> Why are the Romans romantisized
> Why is Hitler Germany romantisized?
> Why is Great Britain romantisized?

People
Love
Conquerors
>>
Nordicism, mostly. But basically any successful conqueror gets the hell romanticized out of them, and the Norse did plenty of that.

The romanticization of the vikings is more noticeable to you because you don't like them. Think about a historical group you like, they're probably likewise severely romanticized.
>>
Because we wuz chieftains n shit
>>
Literally everyone back then was a fucking sociopath by our standards

Except maybe the Jains
>>
>>1062910
I like them because depictions of them always make the vikings look cool, and I find there version of paganism interesting. Also because a lot of neckbeard/keyboard warriors wish they could be muscular warrior men that look like something from a fantasy game.
>>
>>1062910
The enigmatic and mysterious ancestors of people who created the modern world. Do the math.
>>
>>1062910
WE WUZ thinking
>>
>>1062910
Because Vikings had much more of an emphasis on the accomplishments of individual great warriors than other European cultures of the time.

It makes for good storytelling when you can focus on the martial feats of a couple of badass dudes, rather than recounting the movements of a faceless horde of peasant levy troops.
>>
>>1062910
Unlike Charlemagne, of course.
>>
>>1062910
The thing is, people don't associate themselves with the Victims, despite almost definitely having descended from victims. They associate with victors, with conquerors, and that's what people see in the Vikings.
>>
>>1062915
Not really. They were the stereotypical barbarians. Not civilized nations like the roman states.

That's like saying Hitler is just like everyone else. Yes he is human, but he's a master mind behind many of the horrible things that happened.
>>
>>1062910
Yeah hardrada wad the best of the lot & he was a real asshole
>>
>>1064312

they were nearly as civilised as romans
>>
File: Nord_Encounter.png (610 KB, 673x648) Image search: [Google]
Nord_Encounter.png
610 KB, 673x648
>>1062910
>They were assholes
AWESOME assholes
>>
>>1064967
REEEEEEEEE
King Harlaus true king of Calradia!
>>
>>1063041
this
>>
>>1062910
Nice try, shitskin Pajeet.
>>
>>1064955
>Romans
>civilized
When will this meme end?
>>
>>1062921
Ew.
>>
>>1062910
>They were assholes
"Viking" doesn't solely refer to raiding Norsemen, the term simply refers to seafearing meaning that a Viking could be anything from a settler to a trader to a raider
>>
>>1065068
well... no
>>
>>1065167
Well... yes
>>
>>1065171
no. it doesn't even refer to person but is a verb. and it means exactly seaborne raiding, not settling or trading.
>>
>>1065207
>literalism
Wew lad, that might be true however a term (especially one like "viking") is not limited to its etymological roots, the way we understand the term today is important not what it originally meant and this meaning would be in the light of archeology: "seafaring Norseman"
>>
>>1065218
you started
>>
>>1062910
>Why are pirates romanticized? They were assholes
>Why are mongols romanticized? They were assholes
>Why are crusaders romanticized? They were assholes
>>
>>1063041
>implying vikings aren't just gypsys on a ship
>>
File: Thisthreadagain.png (550 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Thisthreadagain.png
550 KB, 1920x1080
Seriously, for once just do a quick search. Im sick of fuck vikings threads.
>>
>>1065273

>tfw not a shypsy, in my sea caravan on the whale road
>>
>>1065279
butthurt snownigger detected
>>
File: germanic fairy tails.png (515 KB, 738x649) Image search: [Google]
germanic fairy tails.png
515 KB, 738x649
>>1063505
>ancestors of people who created the modern world
>>
>>1065279
What type of pizza did you get anon?
>>
Jesus christ OP is not a faggot he is just a giant fucking pussy please fuck of
>>
>>1062915
That is correct but they were noted for brutality in times that were brutal to begin with which means they were bigger assholes than most assholes.
>>
>>1062933
Exactly. So why are vikings so praised for what everyone else did as well?
>>
>>1063598
Celts had the similar mindset and kicked their asses.
>>
>>1063505
>Denmark and Norway created the modern world
>>
>>1063505
Vikings are ancestors of the British?
>>
>>1065746
because they did it way better than anyone else. similar reason to why the roman empire is praised
>>
>>1065755
The Viking invasions of the British Isles shaped Scotland, Ireland (many cities in Ireland were viking settlements - Dublin itself was Norse until the English conquered it), and they basically formed a large part of England and its culture. Trial by jury being one of the more obvious Norse influences. The need to extract danegold for ransom also led to the development of an incredibly advanced tax infrastructure in England; this taxation relative to the actual wealth of the land allowed for England to be centralized rather quickly once it was unified. It's also what allowed the Dukes of Normandy to contest with the King of France once they acquired the Kingdom.

For most of its modern history, the British Isles have had an outsized influence on history due to their ability to raise revenue from a decidedly less populated, and significantly poorer, region of the world.
>>
>>1065751

they left denmark and norway and settled in other countries

>>1065751

I think its fair to say britain created the modern world in part, you could say that they are the ancestors of the french through the normans though, they're not ancestors of germans though who probably had the biggest hand in creating the modern world
>>
Most of the impressions we have from the Vikings are somehow deformed. Their major difference from the rest of the Europe was the religion. They didn't give a sailing shit for Jesus or any figure in the Catholic religion, so when ransoming villages, they stole all the gold from churches (which pretty much owned almost all of the village's money) and killed the priests, no regrets. Christians, in inner struggles, respected that kind of thing. So, as the virtually only source of knowledge at the time, the priests started describing the so-called Northmen as raiders from hell, violent and barbaric.

They were, indeed, more violent and had less scruples, but they also traded and built settlements, such as Kiev. When they found resistance, they killed, but it was not the only thing in their mind. They were as assholes as the rest of Europe, all of them over-romanticized. The kind of evidence we have directly from the Vikings does not, tho, help much on understanding their daily life and aspiration, and much of their history was told by out viewers and late historians.

Pic related: it is the Ship burial of a Rus chieftain as described by the Arab traveler Ahmad ibn Fadlan who visited Kievan Rus' in the 10th century. I took it from Wikipedia. This Arab's story was put in book by Michael Crichton and it is called " Eaters of the Dead: The Manuscript of Ibn Fadlan Relating His Experiences with the Northmen in A.D. 922". I recommend the reading if you want to learn more about the Vikings.
>>
>>1066015
Holy fucking shit I just noticed that The 13th Warrior was based on this book
>>
>>1064312
>but he's a master mind behind many of the horrible things that happened.
You do realize that anyone who's done a hint of research on wwii now knows you have no idea what you're talking about.

Does it really kill people to look up shit before they spew it off as fact?
>>
>>1066052
I watched that movie yesterday and thought the same in the opposite order
>>
>>1064955
Nice bullshit, Sven.
>>
>>1065611
4 pizzas actually.
1 cheese and asiago, two pepperoni, one sausage and asiago.
Was pretty delicious, had to feed like 25 people.
>>
>>1062910
they are chronologically far enough in hsitory to not have any real butthurt other than few autists and they were not feudal slave peasant unlike the rest of the europe
>>
File: tumblr_m68ypwObqq1qz9zpco1_500.png (267 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m68ypwObqq1qz9zpco1_500.png
267 KB, 500x500
>>1066666
>>
>>1066666
r u tryin to ruse me satan?
>>
>>1065750
I didn't even know about the irish kicking the norse out of ireland before I came to /his/.
>>
>>1062925
>Calling pillaging, sexually assaulting, looting raiders "assholes"

Research show though, that they were quite good builders, traders, discoverers as well. They founded many cities for one.

Do you think they were the only one to sexual assault people in those days?

Funny thing is that I probably bet that you are an atheist moron who shit on the christian narrative. Guess who fucking described the vikings.
>>
>>1065207
What are you even on about?

A loan from Old Norse víkingr. Already in Old English as wīcing and Old Frisian witsing, wising, but extinct in Middle English and loaned anew in the 19th century.

Old Norse víking (“marauding”, “piracy”) itself is from Old Norse vík (“inlet”, “cove”, “fjord”) + -ing (“one belonging to”, “one who frequents”) (the -r is the nominative desinence). Thus, “one from or who frequents the sea’s inlets”,

The Old English or Anglo-Frisian form, existing therein since at least the eighth century), could also have been derived from or influenced by Old English wīc (“camp”), on account of the temporary encampments which were often a prominent feature of the Vikings’ raids.[1]
>>
>>1064312
>Hitler
>mastermind
>>
>>1066666
>4 pizzas actually.
>had to feed like 25 people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbj8BBsWSA
>>
>>1064312
>They were the stereotypical barbarians.
They were traders. Calling the barbarians is straight up wrong.
>>
>>1064312
Hitler was an unproductive, artsy, emotional sadboy bohemian.
>>
>other cultures of the early middle ages weren't assholes
>>
>>1066646

not an argument
>>
>>1066666
>25 people
>4 pizzas
nah fuck off you liar
>>
This is a pretty good read for anyone who thinks vikings were any worse than their contemporaries.

"Playing by whose rules? A further look at Viking atrocity in the ninth century"

Google it, click the first link, 4chan thinks its spam for some reason so I cant post it here.
>>
Why do people act like the people that lived in Sweden weren't vikings when we know geats followed the same routes that norwegians and danes took meanwhile swedes went east
>>
>>1065279
>lost to saxons/anglos

I still think it's the hilarious that people keep saying this when Anglo-Saxons got cucked by Vikings for literally over a 100 years and their most celebrated Viking wrecker even paid Danegeld himself because he would have gotten wrecked himself at that point.
>>
>>1069467
Jutes got wrecked by anglo-saxons and they were not vikings.

Unless we're talking about that one minor loss against Alfred, which still turned his "kingdom" into a danish vassal
>>
>>1066666
fuck off chubby liar.
>>
File: Slavstanza.png (98 KB, 253x275) Image search: [Google]
Slavstanza.png
98 KB, 253x275
>mfw non-Russian Slav
>mfw local neopagans are norseaboos
>>
>>1064967
>infantry
>>
Because they were big and wild. They looked scary, worshiped scary gods, had wild customs.

The truth is they were armed fishermen who weren't afraid to brawl.
>>
>>1063466
It's just that the individual Vikings who did conquer were so numerous and successful. When the last bastion of rome keeps some on retainer, I think that suggests that the vikes had a sort of "ubermensch" aura about them, even then, at least when it comes to hand-to-hand combat. Also they're probably the only people who had religious zealots willing to die to reach paradise besides the crusaders, who were also romanticized af.
>>
>>1064281
That's totally flipped on its head today with affirmative action identity politics. I got threatened to be killed today for stopping at a stop sign to look at my phone for directions by a passing beg to in the ghetto. I was delivering a pizza to his fucking neighbor. I know why Vikings are popular. Its the last thing white people have left.
>>
File: leSpaceChampion.jpg (20 KB, 197x398) Image search: [Google]
leSpaceChampion.jpg
20 KB, 197x398
>>1065295
uh, the entire civilized world... the very manner in which you think and function has been dictated by the minds of those that shape reality itself, not just in doctrine but ethereally ...you are far too many layers deep to even realize, let alone deny the power held over every dimension of your being. we are the keepers of time, and it cycles so rapidly at thsi point that it flows right through you like satelite waves, bruh
>>
>>1065790

>Dublin itself was Norse until the English conquered it

Why are there so many illiterate retards on this board?
>>
>>1070102
He's right though
>>
>>1070110

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Clontarf
>>
>>1070122
Your point?
>>
>>1064312
Allied Forces specifically prevented assassination of Hitler at the end of the war because he was the main factor of his own defeat.
Half of his general were trying to destitute him at the same time because he was batshit nuts and had no clue about strateg.
He only conquered europe becuse he had some good general and lieutenant, while the rest of europe was for too cuck to do anything about him until it was too late.
>>
>>1070128

The point is you are both wrong and I have satisfactorily demonstarted my intellectual overlordship
>>
>>1070145
How about you retard your own link retard
>>
>>1070149
read*
>>
>>1062910
because they made the court language French in england for centuries, thus you could claim they reromanticized England.
>>
>>1070149

Maybe you should retard yourself from posting
>>
>>1070145
>The point is you are both wrong
Source?
>>
>>1070179

How about you post a source that says dublin was norse until the 14th century?
>>
>>1070187
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Dublin
>>
File: 1451553324767.jpg (145 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1451553324767.jpg
145 KB, 600x600
>>1063027
Do you even speak english m8
>>
>>1070190

>this fuckwit cant see that the rulers names change from norse to irish in the article he posted
>>
>>1070204
Now go click on those names and see that they were Norse-Gaels and the names were of Norse origin
>>
>>1070206

Dublin was a part of Lenister the whole time, so there you are wrong again
>>
File: PilumThrust (2).jpg (297 KB, 968x645) Image search: [Google]
PilumThrust (2).jpg
297 KB, 968x645
>>1062915

First post, best post.
>>
>>1070214
How does that make me wrong? The last kings were Norse-Gaels. What does them accepting overlordship from Leinster have to do with anything?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>1062910
>Mfw Vikings are a meme even though they are basically one of the greatest peoples to have ever existed
>Goths who hailed from Gotland and Northern Poland etc who basically spread around the world eventually helping defeat the Western Roman Empire and settle spain and Italy
>Traveled further than any other peoples of their time reaching North America 450+ years before anyone else
>Becoming amazing at agriculture and general tending to land
>Being great traders
>The best at hit and run attack tactics
>Genetically better than most people I.E tall, muscular not BETA christians
>Being equal in society as far as women compared to men
>One of the cleanest peoples, bathing, self grooming etc
>Conquered most of England
>One of the Norsemen essentially founded a bloodline that went on to conquer all of England, which in turn develpoed into the most expansive Empire hundreds of years down the line

The only things i can think that they were bad at, was full scale battles involving thousands.....except for the great heathen army

The only reason they are a mean or called arseholes is because they're far fucking better than most of the shitty cultures in History....
>>
File: thefirstrulerswerewhiteYall.jpg (71 KB, 425x600) Image search: [Google]
thefirstrulerswerewhiteYall.jpg
71 KB, 425x600
>>1070145
the point is that northmen are responcible for the unspoken law of mankind, its compotent potential and authority of dominion that we all share in order to function highly in communication and selfless behavior, adopted not though domineering, but arisen from proven eternal success. any rejection of this is a denial of the unstoppable nature of that intangeable magnetism...and in turn withers.

its mans vehement righteous antagonism that makes this all even come into question, as if there was something more to be discovered, when it was not without but within.

actions under duress or in persuit of survival do not reflect true lineage of superior consciousness or righteousness of being.
but it is that duality of ascended warriors that we know more clearly than our purpose today as men more aliken to the gods of their dreams fulfilled than that of the toiled men, and maybe not all the time but still awash with actual preturnatural phenomena that would have been any number of other paths in an alternate timeline

-datstruefactsonnotjusdatphilosph
'nshi
>>
Same reasons Mongols are cool as fuck. They didn't give a shit, just got down to conquering.
>>
>>1070233

>they were norse
>no actually they were norse-gaels
>both things are the same and i'm still right

no
>>
File: invasions of europe 9th century.jpg (271 KB, 629x480) Image search: [Google]
invasions of europe 9th century.jpg
271 KB, 629x480
They were the last barbarians to loot the British Isles before they went on to conquer the whole world.

If the Saracens or the Magyars somehow managed to pillage England, they would have been romanticized too.
>>
>>1070263
Brit detected

1. England was conquered by French and Dutch after them
2. Britain never conquered the whole world, just some shitholes in Africa and Asia
>>
>>1070263
>Provence, Liguria and Tuscany
>raided by Vikings, Arabs and Magyars at the same time
That must be a tough century for them.
>>
>>1062910
They are considered the "indjuns" of their time, noble savages basically.
>>
File: rideit.jpg (130 KB, 589x777) Image search: [Google]
rideit.jpg
130 KB, 589x777
What you fail to realize is that literally everyone back then was tribalistic and put their own people before their enemies, and the Vikings were exceptionally good at it. They reached Byzantium, Ireland, Iceland, Greenland. They're more than retarded savages, the longship is a fantastic invention. You don't see niggers building boats like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y8NFscnF1A
>>
>>1063041
I guess they just praise anyone that does what everyone does but better
>>
File: vikingship.jpg (72 KB, 590x276) Image search: [Google]
vikingship.jpg
72 KB, 590x276
>you will never be a viking who is fully drunk on the kool aid about the promise of Valhall
>you will never go on a journey exploring new lands and raiding shit to bring home loot and tell of glorious stories in the mead hall
https://youtu.be/Fc9nTcROQtw
>>
>>1066666
>4 pizzas for 25 people
You trying to keep the succubi slim and sexy Satan?
>>
>>1063968
Underrated.
>>
>>1070248
This
>>
>>1065273
kek
>>
You can say the same thing about literally any culture
>>
>>1065746
Because like the niggers they were, they only raided literate peoples.
The Christians raided the barbarian philistines that couldn't document anything further than a father to son "ooga booga, saxon come saxon go"
>>
>>1070248
>>Traveled further than any other peoples of their time reaching North America 450+ years before anyone else

>tfw when you reach North America before the North Americans
>muh Skraelings
>>
>>1070248
>except for the great heathen army
lost about half the battles they engaged in.... also you said thousands, The Great Heathen Army was about 500 strong.... so there's that....
>conquered England
The Saxons resisted all viking invasion and they never even got close to serious settlement.
Not to mention that the Normans themselves were prisoners in their own "kingdom" they even wrote down how they never really ruled the Saxons. The Saxons just let the Normans play politics as long they stayed out of Saxon affairs, which they did.
The Norsemen never did anything of note that others didn't do, everything they did save for the longship was already done by others and done better.

>muh pagan genes
Beowulf was a Christian according to the literature, the only legitimate account (non-fictional non-saga real account) of a berserker was a Christian king.
Pagans cant even channel their own mythology....
>>
The only people I've seen praise vikings as amazing warriors are here and plebs. SO that means that the plebs are here shitposting.

It's also most likely that these plebs are /lit/ shitposter dedicating to furthering conflict among europeans and their descendants. Even the worst shithole in europe is a paradise compared to 90% of the world.
>>
>>1072733
>Battle of Glenn Mama
>Being fought against vikings.
So how much of the rest of this is total freaking bullshit?
>>
File: 411ixacmfno.jpg (846 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
411ixacmfno.jpg
846 KB, 1920x1200
>>1072881
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Glenmama

>Irish vs Norse kingdom of Dublin
I wonder how much you actually inquired about this topic before typing up your objection....
>>
>>1073072
>Sitrick
>A viking

Also, skipping the whole part about "the kingdom of Leinster."

Read a fucking book.
>>
>>1073094
>Read a fucking book.
no

>nitpicking this hard

Was it fought against a viking kingdom or not?
>>
>>1073125
It was not. It was fought against the Kingdom of Leinster.
>>
>>1070196
>implying vikings were ever made roman
>>
>>1063041
>>1071781

they just praise what everyone praises

why? because when you praise what "intelligent" people praise, you are in a meta-level praising yourself to others because you "get" the praise. And when you hate things, you just are trying to show in a meta level how better you are

so that's why hipsters praise inane bullshit, and hate over certain type of people, because they are praising themselves in the process
>>
>>1073133
Just Leinster?
Or was the Norse Kingdom of Dublin involved?
Come on son, it just looks bad for you now.
>>
>>1073206
Hey, you insisted things be wildly oversimplified.

>Or was the Norse Kingdom of Dublin involved?
I can definitely tell you that no entity known as the "Norse Kingdom of Dublin" took part.

But it's not like the King of Dublin was in any way a viking either. I mean, at least at Clontarf, Sigurd Hlodvirsson took part in the battle.

I look forward to seeing people like you in the future talking about how the Wehrmacht was defeated in the American Civil War.
>>
>>1065742
They were recorded as being particularly big assholes only because they picked on the people who wrote the books about who was who's asshole.
>>
>>1070256
>the northmen are responsible for the unspoken law of mankind

How about a source on that ridiculous, laughable claim? Your whole post is incoherent nonsense.
>>
>>1073394
jew detected
>>
File: irminsul.jpg (61 KB, 278x400) Image search: [Google]
irminsul.jpg
61 KB, 278x400
>>1073394
some degenerate questioning the might of the living god...how fucking dare you
>>
>>1062910
Just look at the Volsungs, what a bunch of D-bags
>>
>>1072816
Probably altered the story to fit their new religion but no one can be sure but it is more likely beowulf was pagan considering he lived in a pagan land
>>
>>1070256
>raiders are enlightened gods

such fetishism. white people have the biggest hard on for the strong viking culture of the northmen rah game of thrones- even while their own civilization crumbles under the weight of it's decadence and moral perversity
>>
File: 800px-Sultan_the_Barbary_Lion.jpg (179 KB, 800x931) Image search: [Google]
800px-Sultan_the_Barbary_Lion.jpg
179 KB, 800x931
>They were assholes
everyone was assholes at that time, however they were also some of the most civilised barbarians around, they set up wics which were trading towns and traded materials as far as the middle east, the whole "vikings were just stupid warriors that went around killing everyone" is just a meme there were as barbaric as the Saxons the Francs and all their other contemporaries

however the reason that they are romanticised is precisely because of that "barbarians warrior" meme. Fact is the majority of people then, just like today were just general peasants getting by with the same motivations and worries that affect us
>>
>>1065016
If not them .then who?
>>
>>1070196
I think you got baited m8
>>
>>1062910

same as mongols, strength is revered chum. Violence and power really get the juices flowing
>>
>>1070289
Dutch?
>>
>>1073125

>Viking kingdom

For someone trying to act smart in this subject, You has to realize that the term "Viking" is only given to norse sailors, The correct term you are seeking is "Danish kingdom", Because the danes went over and funded dublin.
>>
>>1066078
this is a good response
>>
>>1076449
only difference is we have cell phones and cheeseburgers.
>>
>>1072816
>except for the great heathen army
lost about half the battles they engaged in....
source? Wouldn't matter either way, the great heathen army nearly completely conquered England
>The Saxons resisted all viking invasion
They resisted, up until all they had was a corner of the whole British isles
>and they never even got close to serious settlement
What is Danelaw
>The Norsemen never did anything of note that others didn't do, everything they did save for the longship was already done by others and done better.
They established empires, shaped history, discovered North America, and were excellent traders

I don't know why everyone is so dead set on discrediting the Norse Vikings entirely, everything they use against them could be applied most everywhere else.
"Yah well Germanic tribes eventually overran Rome so there "civilisation" was shit lol"
>>
>>1072816
>Beowulf was a Christian
An early middle ages Dane? As fucking if.
>>
>>1065295
This was made by an angry shitskin.
>>
>>1079159
>discovered North America
and did nothing wit it....its like discovering something and puting it in a box and forgeting about it, you might as well have not discovered it
>>
because there is money to be made

muh amon amarth
>>
>>1077171
Norse is more correct considering that christians in the west misslabeled everyone as danish
>>
>>1079161
He was geatish which makes it even more improbable considering geats were further from Christian lands
>>
>>1063505
Charlemagne wants to have a word with the lot of you tree worshipping faggots.
>>
>>1062910

Because they was pretty manly
>>
>>1079161
Beowulf probably didn't actually exist, but in the poem he's Christian
>>
>>1062910
>Why are vikings romanticized?

They are the opposite of romanticized.
They are actually made worse than they were, its just that some people like this worse image of them.
>>
>>1063041
>vikings
>conquerors

>germans
>conquerors

Que?
>>
>>1063018
Vikings=dwarves
Anglos=Men
Franks=Elves
>>
>>1063041
Aside from idiots from /pol/, who seriously idolizes Hitler? Even in the modern climate of Germany today people are hesitant to say anything positive to Hitler or relate themselves to them.
>>
File: Couv_212595.jpg (216 KB, 650x994) Image search: [Google]
Couv_212595.jpg
216 KB, 650x994
you should read this op

its a historic portrayal of vikings
>>
File: er-ist-wieder-da-poster.jpg (150 KB, 989x1400) Image search: [Google]
er-ist-wieder-da-poster.jpg
150 KB, 989x1400
>>1080509
You should watch/read this.
>>
>>1082243
>that """""moral lesson"""" at the end
decent film until that
>>
>>1080375
>Franks=Elves
Nah. Elves are Romans and Greeks. The highly civilized Ancients
>>
>>1082315
Wasn't even the moral lesson that was the problem. It was that they wrote themselves into a corner and did an asspull.
>>
>this thread
ryster mit hovede for at være helt ærlig
>>
>>1079173
More like a really assmad Brit.
>>
>>1080509
What Germans do doesnt count because its literally not allowed in Germany to like Hitler thus people in that country cant form their own opinions on him seperate from the jew created propaganda.
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.