[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God creates the world and a paradise and within in it, a tree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: adam_and_eve.jpg (76 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
adam_and_eve.jpg
76 KB, 640x480
God creates the world and a paradise and within in it, a tree from which he forbade he creations from partaking of its fruit. But they do so anyways, and are cast from paradise.

A descendant of this man passes by a tree, and expects there to be fruit for him to eat, but and finds it without fruit. He then curses the tree for not having any fruit for him to take, and wishes that no one else may eat fruit from this tree either.

God then kills the tree.

What does this parable say about man?
>>
>>1061794
That they should stop shit posting.
>>
File: dankestpepes.png (35 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
dankestpepes.png
35 KB, 500x498
>>1061794
That I'm too high for this shit.
>>
>>1061794
God is our step-dad
>>
This reads like a Christian Koan
>>
>>1061794
Why the fuck did god make the tree in the first place? I'm confused af.
>>
>>1062345

"God then kills the tree."
>>
If Adam and Eve were without knowledge before eating the fruit, how they they justly be held accountable for their actions? They were basically animals before.
>>
>>1062362
yeah right, so clearly he realises it wasn't a great idea. But god is omniscient, so wouldn't he have known exactly how everything was going to pan out anyway, and thus the banishment and punishment of adam and eve (humanity) is just sadistic, right?
>>
>>1062375
"What does this parable say about man?"
>>
>>1062378
Man makes up retarded stories so he wouldn't have to face death.
>>
>>1064295
>tfw adam and eve were cast from eden to lead mortal lives
>tfw their descendant rises to the kingdom of heaven to spend eternity
>>
If the snake was actually satan, why did god punish snakes?
>>
>>1064315
He did, that's why they have no arms or legs and have to crawl on the ground.

I bet you think the forbidden fruit was an apple too because of meme paintings.
>>
>tfw don't get to live in Eden because mum fucked up and ate the fruit
Fucking women
>>
>>1061794
Man is petulant?
>>1062103
Also, first post best post.
>>
>>1064315
Misread, I thought you said why didn't god punish the snake.
>>
>>1064315
Because snake is satan is revisionism.
>>
>>1064315
Wait, the snake was Satan? I thought the snake was just a lie Eve made up. I mean, where does talking animals show up, anywhere else in the Bible? Besides the case with Balaam?
>>
>>1061794
Why are those 2 parables connected? The first parable was about man achieving morality and free-will, and thus, introduced to the concept of sin. The second was about how God will make those who do not bear faith and show it through good-doings (as in, fruit) perish.
>>
>>1064331
There was no video games in Eden, in fact no entertainment at all so it sounds like, so I'm good with that.
>>
>>1064924
Ignorance is bliss
>>
>>1064855
>parables
I know Eden was a metaphor is a meme but now Jesus cursing the fig tree is a metaphor too?
>>
>>1064855
>god: this is MY tree and MY fruit dont touch it faggots
>god: you at my fucking fruit you fags
>god: get the fuck out of my house now
>god: make your own damn fruit if you want fruit fucking freeloading thieves
>god: why arent you making fruit you faggots
>god: fuck you faggots make some fucking fruits
>god: fuck you im gonna kill your tree you fucking faggots
>god: fuck you

Did I get it right?
>>
>>1064924
>playing video games
>>
>>1064855
It's in the bible, the new fulfills the old.
>>
>>1065610
yep, additionally the snake was telling the truth: God kicked them out of the garden because if they were able to eat from the tree of life after eating the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil they would become gods themselves
>>
>>1066582
And then Babel happened
>>
>>1062304
You're not my real holy father!
>>
>>1065590
Oh, shit, I forgot the word, "metaphor" has a different meaning in English and my language. My bad. Uh... how do I say this right? Okay, the fig-less fig tree was a sort of story to be taken meaning from.
>>
>>1068538
allegory?
>>
>>1068552
Ah, yes, that! Thanks, I need to use that word more often.
>>
>>1068552
Al gore?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.