[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Indus Script
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Indus_seal_impression.jpg (10 KB, 276x130) Image search: [Google]
Indus_seal_impression.jpg
10 KB, 276x130
Will it ever be deciphered?
>>
>>1061180
People don't care about this, as evidenced by the amount of replies to this thread.
>>
I think it says "Drop your feces in a hole that can properly get rid of them"
>>
Maybe one day we will discover a Rosetta Stone equivalent and figure this one out
>>
>>1061180
pants mallet sundial fingers wheel

I think it is saying something about pantaloons, hammer time, and can't touch this
>>
"This is the designated shitting street"
>>
>>1061205
Are you kidding? The Indus civilization existed millennia ago. The concept of pooing in loo would have been thousands of years ahead of its time. If this were true, though, we can probably suspect ancient aliens tought the Indus the ways of the loo, how else could they be so advanced?
>>
>>1061280
Ancient Greeks had flush toilets, sewers, and clean water pipped into their houses.
>>
Reminder that mindless racism is not accepted on /his/
>>
Says Prince Ayylmaos the II was here.
>>
>>1061441
Those ancient Greeks you're talking about existed roughly 2000 years after the Indus valley civilization.
>>
>>1061280
Actually indus people were the ones who developed extremely advanced sewer systems. It was Indo Aryan horse niggers that fucked them up and created shitting street india that is today

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indus_Valley_Civilisation
>The ancient Indus systems of sewerage and drainage that were developed and used in cities throughout the Indus region were far more advanced than any found in contemporary urban sites in the Middle East and even more efficient than those in many areas of Pakistan and India today.
>many areas of Pakistan and India today
>>
>>1061616
Yes and in 2500 bc I'm not even sure the Greek language existed, I don't even think Proto-indo europeans and the Native neolithic farmers of Greece mixed to create the Myceneans back then..
>>
>>1061180
I see at least three dicks in that picture.
>>
File: images.png (28 KB, 334x440) Image search: [Google]
images.png
28 KB, 334x440
Well
>>
>>1061441

>flush toilets

The rich had water in their houses, the poor still had to get it from a well.
>>
>>1061180
It was already deciphered by Kurt Schildmann.
>>
With any luck maybe there will be a Sumerian bilingual tablet somewhere
>>
>>1063646

umm...

>>1063612
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.