[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Socrates' naive inquisitiveness superior to every other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: socrates_small.jpg (56 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
socrates_small.jpg
56 KB, 225x300
Was Socrates' naive inquisitiveness superior to every other philosophers' doctrinal treatises?
>>
Socrates's charlatanism was a shit stain on western philosophy that still hasn't gone away. Plato's complete ineptitude at systemizing his thought is Exhibit Alpha-Omega of this. I would have gladly voted for his execution.
>>
>>1060941
Yes.

/thread
>>
>implying that Descartes didn't have a similarly based "no presumptions" approach
>>
File: 1458309016893.png (638 KB, 495x597) Image search: [Google]
1458309016893.png
638 KB, 495x597
>>1060988
But mechanism is a load of shit. All of the conclusions he arrived at were ridiculous.
>>
>>1060941
But what even is superiority?
>>
>>1060974
>not sentencing him to free meals for life
>>
>>1060995
maybe you are right, i haven't actually read Descartes, i just like to shitpost on here a bit.
>>
>naive inquisitiveness
Did you even read Plato? Socrates style is far from naive, its pure trickery under naive pretences >>1060974

>superior
why would it be?

>to every other philosophers' doctrinal treatises?
If you mean superior in a literal sense then Nietzsche's are far superior. He seems to popularly represent a paradigm shift, like Plato did.
>>
>>1061007
kek'd heartily
>>
>>1061007
This is the only suitable punishment for such an impious ne'er-do-well.
>>
>>1060941
>naive
There's a reason Nietzche called him Socrates the Python.
>>
>>1061165
[citation needed]
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>this board is filled with unironic Nietzsche followers
>>
>>1061519
Sorry it was not python, it was demon.

Even Euripides was, in a certain sense, only a
mask : the deity that spoke through him was
neither Dionysus nor Apollo, but an altogether
new-born demon, called Socrates.
(Birth, 95)
>>
>>1061550
Fugg figs faggot.
>>
>>1061007
libertarianism?
>>
"But in Socrates was philosophy not a free discussion among friends? Is it not, as the conversation of free men, the summit of Greek sociability? In fact, Socrates constantly made all discussion impossible, both in the short form of the contest of questions and answers and in the long form of a rivalry between discourses. He turned the friend into the friend of the single concept, and the concept into the pitiless monologue that eliminates the rivals one by one."
>>
I wouldn't call it so much naive inquisitiveness as passive aggressive dickheadery.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.