[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /his opinion about him ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Warrior.jpg (17 KB, 220x262) Image search: [Google]
Warrior.jpg
17 KB, 220x262
>>
>>1060719
god tier side burns
>>
Ney was an excellent tactical commander.
He saved what was left of le grande armee during the retreat.
Napoleon relied on Ney to carry out dangerous operations, where his boldness and courage would be most useful.

He doesn't deserve a bad rep just because of waterloo.
>>
My opinion is that he faked his death and lived as a professor in North Carolina.

It's a better story.
>>
Absolute madman

>Ney was seen [11] during one of the charges beating his sword against the side of a British cannon in furious frustration. During the battle he had five horses killed under him;[12] and at the end of the day, Ney led one of the last infantry charges, shouting to his men: "Come see how a marshal of France dies!".[13] It was as though Ney was seeking death, but death did not want him, as many observers reported.[14][15]
>>
File: based.jpg (1 MB, 1741x1024) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
1 MB, 1741x1024
F
>>
A valourous Frenchman, but a Frenchman nevertheless.

t. perfidious Albion

(jk jk, I think he's badass)
>>
>>1060945
F

He was absolutely based, when you read about him you will know. I don't even mind that he sperged out at Waterloo, he had such an amazing track record before that, so it doesn't matter to me. I can't imagine having to shoot him, if i was ordered to do it i would just shoot myself instead, i'm not worthy of polishing his shoes tbqh.
>>
>>1060945
F
>>
>>1060945
F

he didn't die there though
>>
>>1061276
>>1060924

>Waterloo

Any and all criticism in this regard must consider the fact Ney was suffering from PTSD. To survive what he went through without mental scarring would be superhuman. Ney was just below that quality.
>>
>>1061567
no he didn't. He was fine.
He didn't fail at Waterloo though. Well he did, but anything else would have failed as well. It wasn't really a battle that could be won.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.