[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't know if this is the board for it, but I'm gonna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: art5.jpg (298 KB, 1800x1125) Image search: [Google]
art5.jpg
298 KB, 1800x1125
Don't know if this is the board for it, but I'm gonna ask anyway.
How would the world look in case of full-scale nuclear war? Like, China and Russia go to war with Western powers.
>>
Picture the Eastern Front of WW2.

A very large amount of people have been dislocated from their homes, nobody is quite sure what's going on, there's widespread hunger, and civil defense authorities are just barely keeping the fabric of society together.

And given that modern military formations have extensive NBC protection, the nuclear exchange will likely happen in tandem with large scale conventional warfare.

It wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would definitely result in tens of millions of dead, possibly hundreds.

Most nuclear warheads will be concentrated on neutralizing the other side's nuclear assets or military targets rather than destroying cities, but the fallout from groundbursts will still ride the winds into populated areas and turn entire cities into dead zones.
>>
everyone dies except the richest people & their families (our best & brightest they'll say) who will wait out the chaos stemming from a world wide societal collapse and emerge years later to a mostly barren wasteland.
>>
Picture a hotdog bun.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-28-21h41m14s180.png (328 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-28-21h41m14s180.png
328 KB, 640x480
We'll all be jacked and have wacky haircuts and skin colours
>>
>>1215970
it wouldnt be the end of the world, but it would be a catastrophic civilizational event on the same level as the Bronze Age collapse or the collapse of the Roman Empire
>>
Communism, according to posadists
>>
>>1216926
I'd honestly guess something like halfway in between WW2 and the Black Death.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJLMCT1aXRM
pretty much like this
>>
>>1215970
>dislocated from their homes,
I think you mean Displaced.
>>
File: humungus.jpg (210 KB, 893x894) Image search: [Google]
humungus.jpg
210 KB, 893x894
>>1215978
And I will be waiting for them with my tribe of muties ready to be the Ayatollah of rocknrolla!

I am the Lord of the Wasteland!
>>
>>1216937
ayy lmao, comrade
>>
>>1216937
What won't result in communism according to posadists?
>>
>>1217163
Both.

I don't think there's enough Best Westerns to house refugee columns in the tens of millions.

You'll get a lot of people who no idea where they're going, where to sleep, where to get food, or what their future is.
>>
File: transhuman.jpg (111 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
transhuman.jpg
111 KB, 960x720
>>1217280
>You'll get a lot of people who no idea where they're going, where to sleep, where to get food, or what their future is.
Yep people just turn into the homeless
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.