[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pearl harbor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 1458495895833.jpg (126 KB, 1278x962) Image search: [Google]
1458495895833.jpg
126 KB, 1278x962
Why is WW2 Japan retarded?

>our economu is in ruins
>we have shit production
>our forces are barely making it out in china
>heheheh lets attack USA for no reason

??????
>>
>>1053950
Look at the government of WWII Japan and you will see why it was retarded.

"A military is only as smart as the people and government in control of it." - George Washington
>>
>>1053963

Pretty much this.

Japan had to play catch up. Then they went to war with a much larger, more powerful country as a means to make a name for themselves.
>>
>>1053950
Why is Imperial Russia so retarded?

>our economu is in ruins
>we have shit production
>our forces barely made it out against japan
>heheheh lets enter WW1 for no reason

??????
>>
File: 1458148045362.png (166 KB, 520x320) Image search: [Google]
1458148045362.png
166 KB, 520x320
>>1053998
You forgot to upload an animu picture as well.
>>
Question. Who was in charge of the millitary in Imperial Japan? I've heard people say things like "Invasion of Manchuria was the generals acting on their own and the Emperor just rolling with it because he couldn't withdraw them after they already started a war with China"
>>
I never understood this as well. It is taught in American History that Japan though it could deliver a knock out blow to the US Navy that would force it to enter peace negotions over its sanctions on Oil and Rubber over Japan's role in Manchuria war. It seems illogical and totally crazy to expect a country to enter peace negotions right after it was attacked. Also Germany was able to create synthetic rubber for use by its Army. It also makes no sense as Japan committed a very large amount of material and effort into the operation. The only thing that makes sense is that Germany convinced Japan to attack the US which doesn't make seem logical since it was overstreched already or some unknown event that we have yet to understand. In the end we may never truly know or understand what they were thinking as history is recorded by the victor.
>>
>>1054057

The Army was in command. The Emperor had become a ceremonial office long before ww2. Basically General Tojo and the war cabinet was in charge.
>>
>>1054060
Well, it might make sense if they managed to knock out Americas navy in one blow. America wouldn't be able to counter attack, and the Japs could bomb them freely.

Thing is that it didn't.

>>1054075
Thanks anon.
>>
>>1054083

Merica had like 10x the entire industrial output of Japan.
Japan had no resources for a prolonged and sustained war.
Japan had already suffered defeat to the Soviets.

Their Generals were really stupid indeed is the only thing I can conclude.
>>
>>1053950
i am just going to say mayucchi is the best samurai girl
>>
>>1054060
You have to understand that democracy was viewed as weak. And it wasnt just a /pol/ thought bubble; once the politicians were effectively out of the way, the military ran things and they legitimately viewed america as decadent and unwilling to fight. I mean there was substantial isolationist sentiment at the time as well in America.
>>
>no reason
Why are we replying to a troll thread?
>>
>>1054057
Imperial Japan was a practical polyarchy. This is one of the reasons why the surrender process was so slow. When you destroy one sector of the Japanese government or military, the rest don't feel weaker, they feel more powerful, because their relative power is increasing.

The Emperor was hardly a helpless figurehead. To the extent anyone was in charge, it was him. He was the commander in chief of the armed forces. Military careers were made or broken based on your relationship with the Emperor and the imperial house.
>>
>>1053993
HAHA.

No wait...

Japan didn't play catch-up.
They played full retard. Army and Navy were working to undermine each other whole the time, things like island hopping was almost impossible to pull off because of that.
>>
>>1053950
Why is Qing China retarded?

>our economu is in ruins
>we have shit production
>our forces barely made it out against Japan
>heheheh lets attack Britain France Germany Russia Austria America Japan and Italy for no reason

??????
>>
>>1053998
the thing about imperial russia is that they did not want to 'enter ww1', they had their reasonable enough goals and objectives in meddling in the austria-serbia trouble, and did not want a war with germany (and explicitly told them so) - they were not even ready for one and would not be for years
that is very much unlike japan which not only attacked the so far uninvolved power of USA directly but also a number of other european powers
>>
>>1054060
>It is taught in American History that Japan though it could deliver a knock out blow to the US Navy that would force it to enter peace negotions over its sanctions on Oil and Rubber over Japan's role in Manchuria war. It seems illogical and totally crazy to expect a country to enter peace negotions right after it was attacked
Japanese wanted to play America's public opinion.

Have they destroyed(and I mean destroyed, not damage) huge amount of USN, including modern Battleships like North Carolina and some Aircraft Carriers early on and they might have had a chance to force the public opinion to force the government to "stop fighting over shitty isles".

However it was all impossible as they were utterly disorganised - that they didn't lose 2 of the "big" aircraft carriers way before Midway was caused by American torpedoes being useless pieces of junk - two submarines had them in torpedo range, calculated the trajectory properly, fired entire salvos and if it wasn't for them malfunctioning more often than working, they would sink them. In fact I think one of those submarines almost got blown up because piece of shit torpedo did U turn.
>>
>>1054060

They didn't plan on things quite working out like that.

What they planned on is simultaneously with the attack on Pearl, they'd be invading other targets in Southeast Asia, most importantly the Dutch Indies (Oil) and Malaya (Rubber), while simultaneously hurting the U.S. badly enough that it would be 6-12 months before the U.S. could mount offensives over the waters.

By that time, they'd have dug in really deep, and the view was that it would cost America too much time and money and blood to dig them out of all those stupid Pacific atolls.
>>
Why is WW2 France retarded?

>our economu is in ruins
>we have shit production
>our forces are barely making it out in algeria
>honhonhon lets declare war on germany with britain for no reason

??????
>>
>>1054139
Because they didn't? I assume you are refering to the Boxer Rebellion, which I will remind you, most Qing officals either supported the western powers or just gave zero fuck and just tried to keep peace in their province.
>>
>>1054060

They needed oil, rubber and other prime materials. They could get them via trade from America/Dutch Indonesia (on the american condition they do as they are told, i.e, gtfo of China).

Japan couldn't agree to that, and even if they did it was blackmail. If you give in to that demands, what guarantee do you have that the americans won't come up with new demands next month?

So the only alternative was fuck you americans and go get the oil, rubber and etc. Which was all of it basically in Dutch Indonesia. Taking it would be a walk in the park if not for one thing; It's basically an American puppet colony, and the americans won't let you kill dutchie and grab the clay.

However, how about hitting Pearl Harbor and destroying the American fleet, dockyards and naval instalations there? Without a fleet in the Pacific, all America could do is bark like a dog. Nothing more. Then It's just sail and take Indonesia and the entire SEA. What'd be there to stop the Japanese Imperial Navy? Nothing.

So;

Option 1; Give in to terrorist american demands every and any time they want to, or

Option 2; Freedom for Japan and fuck America. Destroy Pearl Harbor and the entire american Pacific fleet. Win. Then go to SEA and acquire oils, rubber and etc.

Obvious choice is obvious. Problem is they didn't completely destroy the American terrorist base nor their terrorist fleet.
>>
File: 1459028561428.jpg (58 KB, 500x788) Image search: [Google]
1459028561428.jpg
58 KB, 500x788
>>
In Japan's defense, they were pretty successful during the first 6 years of the war. I mean, they completely destroyed the forces that were in Singapore, Philippines, Burma. And they did pretty well in China, considering they were launching a full scale assault on FUCKING CHINA. It's just once the Americans bombed Tokyo in Doolittle raid, they went full retard and launched all their carriers in Midway and got rekt by US troops who were waiting for them. Same goes for the troops advancing on New Guinea, Guadalcanal. They shouldn't have advanced any further and just start a mobile defense, avoiding any large scale pitched land and naval battles against superior allied troops and just let them assault your entrenched positions in Malaya, Philippines etc until you can negotiate a treaty.
>>
>>1056159
>until you can negotiate a treaty.
This is pretty naive. Unless Japan can actually start beating their enemies the Allies would never give Japan favorable terms.
>>
>>1056077

In addition to that there was the Japanese Manifest Destiny and the Tojo Doctrine. One proclaiming the freedom of the Eastern Hemisphere from European -and subproducts of the Europeans- interventionism/colonisation/imperialism, and the other stressing the manifest expansive role of the Japanese civilization as a factor for freedom and co-prosperity both for Japan and for its rightful sphere of influence that is the Eastern Hemisphere. The latter Doctrine runs parallel to the Jap Man's Burden Doctrine as well.
>>
>>1053950
Admiral Yamamoto Isoroku, the head of the Japanese navy, knew that any prolonged war with the US would end badly for Japan. He was against going to war, but was overruled by other's in power. I think they mostly went to war because of the US sanctions on iron and rubber. They got into a huge clusterfuck with Mao and Chang Kaishek in China and couldn't supply the raw materials they needed on their own. Basically, they assraped the Chinese, but then the Chinese al shabab happened and forced Japan to keep a huge military presence in China or face domestic and international humiliation
>>
>tfw sacrificed my life for the glory of the Nippon and Emperor
>now my country is a place where westerners come to fuck our girls and our men are weak betas who spend their time playing anime games
Where did everything go so wrong?
>>
>>1056159
Correction: the Japanese did well in the first year of their invasion of China and did well in the first six months of the greater war against the US/UK. After Midway, they never recovered. Guadalcanal was just the beginning of a very long end.
>>
>>1056250
>westerners come to fuck our girls

Since when did Japan become Thailand? A handful of English teachers fucking a minority of slutty Japanese girls doesn't make Japan a sex tourism hotspot like Thailand or the Phillipines.

>our men are weak betas who spend their time playing anime games

Get off the internet, memes are replacing actual opinions.
>>
>>1054060

1. Get squeezed completely out of the oil market; or

2. Go to war with the people completely squeezing you out of the oil market.

We did this in Kuwait, by the way.
>>
>>1056291
Any white man walking down the street in Tokyo will have three Japanese chicks clinging to him within two blocks. No money necessary. No ladyboys.
>>
>>1056077
>Terrorist
>Dutch Indonesia is an American Puppet State
There is a lot of stuff wrong with your post. You are right about the key point of Gtfo of China or Attack US and hope they back down though.
>>
>>1056300
You do know that what you said not only doesn't happen in Japan, but only happens in places like Manila because locals assume white men are rich, right?

Especially in Japan, you have to be good looking to get good looking girls. What a strange concept, I know.
>>
>>1056300
What about black men?
>>
>>1053998
>>1054139
>>1054162

Showing other examples of objectively retarded decisions doesn't make Japan's decision any less retarded. They just had lots of company in the "being retarded" department.
>>
>>1056309
>>1056077

troll post is trolling
>>
>>1056314

Still looking for a place where black men are popular desu
>>
Because America was cockblocking them from getting oil on purpose to antagonize them, you american retard
>>
>>1056347
>>1056312
The market for pasties is saturated. I've been in Japan and China as a black guy and I've literally almost was raped by some chick who thought I was Shaq.
>>
>>1056366
A nation isn't obligated to sell it's resources to anyone. Some Japanese thought America would sue for peace after pearl harbor.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.